HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if you get off I4, you would have to backtrack at least 15 miles to get to ISB, which is the corridor between Daytona and DeLand.

IMO there are very many similarities here to how little Caylee Anthony was found.
The garbage bags, the skull rolling out, the fact that it's not far off the road in FL. It's creeping me out a little. I have to say, it also hasn't escaped me that there was a One Tree Hill connection in the CA case http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/12/28/behind-one-tree-hill-caylee-anthony-murder-connection/ and that TM's screen name was One Tree Hill Addicit. Coincidental? I wonder if there were any episodes of One Tree Hill that we should be looking at in this case.

IMO, it would not surprise me if TM closely followed the CA case, as she was a Nancy Grace fan and you couldn't possibly watch Nancy and have missed her coverage of CA case.

I do think one of the M's could have taken a trip to FL to dispose of Heather, and left their cell at home.

If TM was taking any cues from the CA case here...maybe she was 'thinking' along the lines of, 'CA got away with this method of disposal of remains, I will too'.

I need more coffee...I hope my thoughts/words aren't too jumbled to understand.

I don't post very often but I read daily. Can someone tell me when LE first went to the Moorer's house to investigate? Did they bring cadaver dogs? The rotten meat smell in the kitchen has keeps popping up in my mind. Do you think it is possible they brought Heather's body or clothes with her body fluids on it and the fluids got into the carpet or floor. Maybe it didn't start smelling until several days later so they put the meat out to rot as a cover up. Would explain why they might all be holed up in one room, to keep the kids away from evidence or to explain why it smells. But if cadaver dogs were there and didn't point it out, then this theory is wrong. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH
There's a thread about this in Heathers forum. Here's a link.

HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Did you notice in this article that it says the Moorers took tripS to Florida around the time of Heather's disappearance? Hmmm.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html

BBM

He actually said "young female, possibly young child".

Listen to video at :37!

Thanks. I have a hearing issue and didn't catch that. The guy mumbles something fierce.

I hope it's Heather. The reason I have doubts is because they said the bag had made an impression into the earth and weeds had started growing through the bag. The gentleman that found it also said the skull rolled away a bit and I'm thinking that's too far into decomp. I think that makes it at least 6mths perhaps even to 9mths of being there. Jmo.

Yeah, that makes it sound like they're too old to be Heather or any of the Suarez family. There's a 15-year-old girl missing from Sanford since 2008, but that might be too long. She was 5' and 100 lbs. also. www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3016/67/

Can't find any updates on the remains. If by chance it did turn out to be HE that info wouldn't be released, correct? Because of gag order? So we wouldn't necessarily know if they find her now.
Thinking they could have found her at PTL during last search and possibly was just waiting for DNA evidence to come back for positive ID. Maybe the gag order was given on the same day results came back?? Silence is worse than these tiny tidbit clues we have been given.

If the body found was HE's that info could and would be released. A gag order prevents the lawyers and others from talking about the case, but it doesn't prevent something big like a body being found and ID'd from disclosed to the public. The lawyers would not be able to say anything about what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH
There's a thread about this in Heathers forum. Here's a link.

HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Did you notice in this article that it says the Moorers took tripS to Florida around the time of Heather's disappearance? Hmmm.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html

And the article had Coroner Edge state what kind of condition/rate of decomposition the body would have in FL. I don't know how to put the statement in this post so y'all will just have to read the LAST paragraph.
First couple paragraphs I thought were condescending.

If the body found was HE's that info could and would be released. A gag order prevents the lawyers and others from talking about the case, but it doesn't prevent something big like a body being found and ID'd from disclosed to the public. The lawyers would not be able to say anything about what it means.

Thanks you!

As far as we know, the only trip the M's took to FL after HE's disappearance was for SM to participate in the Disney half marathon, which started Jan 12, 2014. Elapsed number of days was approximately 23 from HE's disappearance, assuming they drove starting on Jan 10th.

IF there was a trip to FL before Jan 10, 2014 and after Dec 17, 2013, we are not aware of it, though there has been a lot of speculation that perhaps one of the M's took off to go there. I personally doubt it.

As far as we know, the only trip the M's took to FL after HE's disappearance was for SM to participate in the Disney half marathon, which started Jan 12, 2014. Elapsed number of days was approximately 23 from HE's disappearance, assuming they drove starting on Jan 10th.

IF there was a trip to FL before Jan 10, 2014 and after Dec 17, 2013, we are not aware of it, though there has been a lot of speculation that perhaps one of the M's took off to go there. I personally doubt it.

BBM: I agree, Madeleine. TM is a control freak and would always need to be able to see where the remains/gravesite area is whenever she wanted to. I would estimate that sadly, HE's remains are likely to be within the "compound" which includes her daddy's house too. There may be another location which could be a secret hiding spot/play area from when TM was a child. I don't know if poor HE's remains will be retreivable, iykwim. (And I hate posting this grim subject but from a psychological perspective, it is important to understand TM's need for possession and control). I bet TM does have a personal possession of HE's though.....I really think she does.

All moo and :twocents:

And the article had Coroner Edge state what kind of condition/rate of decomposition the body would have in FL. I don't know how to put the statement in this post so y'all will just have to read the LAST paragraph.

Im curious what parts you thought were condescending?

I read whole article and I didnt see anything condescenind. Whenever talking about murder cases and bodies, the subject matter itself is not typically pleasant or comfortable to talk about.

I didnt see anything being said purposely disrepectful or anything. It seemed they were just strongly pointing out there was no evidence so far to make a connection yet to Heather's case. And the Edge person was just describing how a body could decay under certain conditions.

Below is definition:
con·de·scend·ing/
adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority:

Here's the quote from Edge:

Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said a body left on the side of the road in a garbage bag in Florida could decay rapidly depending on weather and may take time to identify. He said body tissue in an uncontrolled environment can decompose in a week to 10 days. Additionally, he said a garbage bag likely wouldn’t protect a body from wildlife.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Here's the quote from Edge:

Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said a body left on the side of the road in a garbage bag in Florida could decay rapidly depending on weather and may take time to identify. He said body tissue in an uncontrolled environment can decompose in a week to 10 days. Additionally, he said a garbage bag likely wouldn’t protect a body from wildlife.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Right, and since this particular body was in fact found in a garbage bag, I dont see anything condensending at all. Does anyone else? Am I missing something?

It's not even a direct quote in what you listed. It's the reporter summarizing what the Coroner said. The coroner can't be condescending when he's not even making direct statements and it's coming from a reporter.

I wonder if their property had county water lines or a septic system? I know MOST mobile homes, especially those in rural areas, have septic tank systems....for example, those that back up to PTL, where I believe it's been established family at least previously owned at least one mobile home there....wondering (always hum Widespread Panic when I type that)

Im curious what parts you thought were condescending?

I read whole article and I didnt see anything condescenind. Whenever talking about murder cases and bodies, the subject matter itself is not typically pleasant or comfortable to talk about.

I didnt see anything being said purposely disrepectful or anything. It seemed they were just strongly pointing out there was no evidence so far to make a connection yet to Heather's case. And the Edge person was just describing how a body could decay under certain conditions.

Below is definition:
con·de·scend·ing/
adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority:
*made mistake*
So sorry I meant contradicting. Article kept saying no reason to believe it is HE but then why bother even reporting this in the news then? It leads us to think it could be HE.
I will just enjoy lurking from now on. Your condescending reply made me feel pretty stupid....

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

*made mistake*
So sorry I meant contradicting. Article kept saying no reason to believe it is HE but then why bother even reporting this in the news then? It leads us to think it could be HE.
I will just enjoy lurking from now on. Your condescending reply made me feel pretty stupid....

Aw hugs, we all slip up. I thought you had a good point -- it is somewhat contradictory. But in this case, what else is new?

*made mistake*

It is fine and please keep posting. I enjoy everyones posts and it is good when everyone participates. I was just thinking I may have been looking at wrong link or something.

I apologize if I came across too strong. I really was just confused and kept thinking I was missing something. Please feel free to post anytime you want. It is great to have other peoples views on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow