Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponytail until time-out is over. For reals.
Then, cut it and put in an envelope for your documentation of the closure due to pandemic.
This is so true. Last week while going through my treasure boxes, I found an envelope that said my son’s name with a date and a note I had written when he was about eleven years old. Inside was his long curly tail that he asked me to cut off one day. When he was younger, it was the phase for growing a ‘tail’. His hair is naturally curly. His little tail is so soft and when I touch it and hold it in my hand. I can see his smiling little face and cute little cheeks with that brown curly tail in my mind. It’s been like I’ve been opening a time capsule the last couple of weeks. I’m so sentimental. Even more than usual. Not really a sad feeling but with a somewhat pleasant somber ambience. I find myself tearing up over the smallest things. Geez, we sure are living in strange times huh?

This is so true. Last week while going through my treasure boxes, I found an envelope that said my son’s name with a date and a note I had written when he was about eleven years old. Inside was his long curly tail that he asked me to cut off one day. When he was younger, it was the phase for growing a ‘tail’. His hair is naturally curly. His little tail is so soft and when I touch it and hold it in my hand. I can see his smiling little face and cute little cheeks with that brown curly tail in my mind. It’s been like I’ve been opening a time capsule the last couple of weeks. I’m so sentimental. Even more than usual. Not really a sad feeling but with a somewhat pleasant somber ambience. I find myself tearing up over the smallest things. Geez, we sure are living in strange times huh?
Strange times indeed.
Spring time too

So, funny story, my friend tells me that the minute she walks in the door, her husband wants her "buck nekkid". Wow! That must be some romantic marriage!

Nope, he puts her clothes immediately in the washing machine, and wants her to take a shower and wash her hair.

"Virus De-Lousing Procedure". :p
He
Loved that , now those were the good old... Movies.

Another song another one thats "gonna fill their shoes"
Tyler Childers
Another Tyler Childers

Please Stop Telling Parents They Should Be Grateful For This Time at Home — POPSUGAR

Spoke to mine over the weekend and they said this is what they are experiencing. And a total meltdown on walks after being told they can no longer play on the playground equipment that isn’t roped off or dismantled - but they see other children on it.
But they’re hanging in there.
Saying a prayer for all.
Yah, I think my son and DIL can relate to some of the issues in that Article. My son is working from home, and has had to move his 'office' into the detached garage. He literally leaves for 'work' in the morning, and goes to the garage where he set up his desk and mini fridge, because his 4 yr old had a hard time leaving him alone when he was just in the guest bedroom.

And they are babysitting their neighbours 5 yr old some days, because her Mom goes to work and the day care closed. But it brings in extra needed money so they agreed, and it gives their daughter someone to play with in the backyard.

However, as the article stated, previous rules about screen time and not using treats as rewards etc, have somewhat gone out the window because of the difficult life situations. My grand daughter loved preschool and her friends there. And she loved her dance classes and her horse riding lessons. She is really sad she cannot do those things now. And those were her 'rewards' for being a good girl all week. And she has meltdowns occasionally because she is still expected to 'be a good girl' but her horse time and dance time are suddenly gone anyway.

My son does love spending so much time at home though. He works in the garage for 4 or 5 hours, but gets his 8 hours of work done in that time. So he can spend 3 hours in late afternoon with his girl, while his wife goes to the computer to teach her online lessons.

Such a different world for them, so suddenly.

I don't know what other states might do about Easter Sunday religious services, but the Archdiocese of Detroit has cancelled all Holy Week liturgies. Given our state-wide stay-at-home order, I think most churches will not be offering Easter services for their congregants. In lieu of church services, here is a list of the religious-themed movies that will be featured on Easter (April 12) on commercial-free Turner Classic Movies (TCM):

7:30 AM
Barabbas ( 1962)
A thief is pardoned so Jesus can be crucified in his place.

12:00 PM
Ben-Hur ( 1959)
While seeking revenge, a rebellious Israelite prince crosses paths with Jesus Christ.

4:00 PM
Greatest Story Ever Told, The ( 1965)
All-star epic retelling of Christ's life.

10:00 PM
King of Kings ( 1961)
Epic retelling of Christ's life and the effects of his teachings on those around him.

Is anyone using alcohol to disinfect? It’s all I could find -one small bottle - and I’m out of Lysol liquid spray. I’ll be using it on doorknobs and light switches etc Better to put in a spray bottle or soak a cloth with it ? It evaporates quickly iirc. Thoughts

Eta / I used soap and water last night. Just kind of a pain. I need to clean all my high touch areas twice daily .

Here's an article about the Turkish use of kolonya, a perfumed alcoholic liquid for hands, and how it can be used as a hand sanitizer. Turkey’s unique hand-sanitising method
I had a body mist from Body Shop at home, and when I checked it contained more than 65 percent alcohol. So it looks that it can be used as a hand sanitizer if you don't have access to anything else.

Earlier in your post about Willie, I swear I saw another song underneath the Lucas Nelson song.
It was Summertime by Billy Strings and Marcus King I'm posting it here because those guys are a two of the guys to "Fill Their Shoes".
I listened to this the other day when you posted it and I saw my daughter in the kitchen moving to the rhythm. I loved it. I wanted to listen to it again later on at night. I was trying to chill from the hectic day. This song and these guys speak to me. Wow. While listening, I was thinking that this is a perfect song for the hearing impaired. Just watching their faces display their emotions and their fingers strum even without the sound, you can hear and feel the music. ❤️ it. Thanks for turning me onto them. I’d not heard them before. Thank you so much. They’re on my go to list now.

Is anyone using alcohol to disinfect? It’s all I could find -one small bottle - and I’m out of Lysol liquid spray. I’ll be using it on doorknobs and light switches etc Better to put in a spray bottle or soak a cloth with it ? It evaporates quickly iirc. Thoughts

Eta / I used soap and water last night. Just kind of a pain. I need to clean all my high touch areas twice daily .

Look into soap , water and hydrogen peroxide . I use it all the time everywhere. I am not advising it to you, you should do your own research and do whats good for you and your family.

Stay safe.

Here's an article about the Turkish use of kolonya, a perfumed alcoholic liquid for hands, and how it can be used as a hand sanitizer. Turkey’s unique hand-sanitising method
I had a body mist from Body Shop at home, and when I checked it contained more than 65 percent alcohol. So it looks that it can be used as a hand sanitizer if you don't have access to anything else.

Hmmm... I am going to check mine just in case .
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member