Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are off topic. The duct tape and the heart sticker are what we are discussing here plus why they were used.

I am going to check more into the Heartguard stickers someone mentioned coming with the dog calendar. I find that interesting.
I am sure that there are millions of heart stickers out there for scrapbooking, kids, etc. tho. With Casey's juvenile obsessions like making the bracelets out of those cheap plastic beads and things...it would fit she would have stickers, too.
Respectfully snipped.
Bolded by me.

Exactly. With what we have learned about Casey, I have to admit I don't understand why we need all these alternate sticker options.
Lanie

I only have a second to respond but the first thing that came to mind when i heard about this evidence was casey's photobucket pics that showed graphics of hearts that she had placed on them.. and drawings of hearts on her little hands.
This is hard evidence against Casey, IMO.

Very good point. i always wondered about those added hearts on the pictures. The picture that is emerging here is imo very scary.

Exactly. With what we have learned about Casey, I have to admit I don't understand why we need all these alternate sticker options.
Lanie
As far as the Heartguard stickers...would LE have looked in the right place for those? This is one reason I can see.

Can we be sure the pull-ups were found with the body? I would think they would be, but there was no mention of them in the list. They might have been found away from the body - and maybe that's what the MR saw - something round and white.

please clarify for me...I thought I heard last night that the heart shaped sticker was found in another location, and just the sticky outline of the heart shape was still on the duct tape....is that correct?

please clarify for me...I thought I heard last night that the heart shaped sticker was found in another location, and just the sticky outline of the heart shape was still on the duct tape....is that correct?
They found the heart shaped residue on the tape AND they found a sticker in the bag, presumably the one that left the residue.

I don't think the sticker was in the bag, it was found in the same area.

If I were prosecuting this case, I would use the heart on the duct tape like KC's signature. I would show all the photobucket and other scribblings she has done with hearts; especially hearts on photos of Caylee or graphics of little girls and hearts. It can be argued that this was a signature. Criminals often leave a signature.
heart

The image of the duct tape and the heart sticker are disturbing to think about. The heart sticker would replicate lips in a pucker.

Have taught English for a number of years, and I was always surprised at how kids like to put tape over their own mouths. I had to hide the scotch tape in the classroom for this reason. Contrary to what most people think, it would not be difficult to coax a child to put tape over one's mouth--especially if the tape had a heart sticker that looked like lips.

The most disturbing thing is that significant amounts of hair were attached to the tape. If the tape was placed before death, there is no doubt about the intention, as Casey would have had to cut Caylees hair to remove it if she knew Caylee would survive.

The hair in the tape goes against an overdose theory. This shows premeditation.

If the tape was placed after death, both the tape and the heart would be symbolic in some twisted way. The juxtaposition is disturbing. It is almost as if she had taken her voice but had given her back a pair of little fake red lips. Very disturbing.

The amount of time all of this must have taken is also of note. Anyone trying to cover up an accident would be in a tremendous hurry. Duct tape over the mouth might used to stage a kidnapping. The extra time to add a heart and possibly implicate oneself shows the tape was probably not an afterthought.

If I were prosecuting this case, I would use the heart on the duct tape like KC's signature. I would show all the photobucket and other scribblings she has done with hearts; especially hearts on photos of Caylee or graphics of little girls and hearts. It can be argued that this was a signature. Criminals often leave a signature.
heart
I think they will do just that.

I do not see the heart sticker attached to duct tape attached to the mouth of the corpse of a toddler as an kind of endearing, "I love you" message. I don't see it as any kind of sign of remorse, love, care, etc. If anything, I see it as another kiss off to Cindy.
Lanie

I seem to remember hearing of a serial killer who strangled women then tied a "pretty bow" around their necks. Sort of like "See how pretty my handy-work is? I'm so proud of my accomplishment!" This is the first thought that flashed in my mind when I read about the heart-shaped sticker. --- The pathetic act of a cold-blooded narcissist.

Was there any mention of duct tape being found anywhere else?
Not that I remember. I am realising that we have not been given a full account of what was at the crime scene. We are only told what was included to get the warrants. The lengthy evidence report records relate to previous evidence from the car etc.

I do not see the heart sticker attached to duct tape attached to the mouth of the corpse of a toddler as an kind of endearing, "I love you" message. I don't see it as any kind of sign of remorse, love, care, etc. If anything, I see it as another kiss off to Cindy.
Lanie

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lanie

I agree! If Casey would have spilled the truth out on day 31, I could almost see the sticker as being a symbol of love for Caylee. However, she didn't and it leads me only to think that she placed it there because of Cindy. I also think she left the body close with hopes that Cindy would find it, or would be one of the first ones there on the scene if someone else did. JMHO, she wanted to hit Cindy where it hurt..

Well, she had 2.5 days of coming up with scenarios to explain what happened and then reconsidering. The lab tests indicate that she was killed between 1 and 4pm on Monday and the body was in the car for 2.5 days. She could have overdosed her with NyQuil, panicked when she couldn't revive her and then started the avalanche of phone calls at 4. She could have wrapped her in a blanket, put her in the car and then thought that she better put her in a bag in case someone saw in the trunk. The next day she might have thought to stage the kidnapping but reconsidered it when the body leaked fluids in the car and then put her in the garbage bag and dumped the little body, she could have put that sticker and duct tape on at any time during those days. She may have moved the body out of the trunk and laid her down in the backyard when she put her in the laundry bag and then the garbage bag, which would explain the two hits by the cadaver dogs in the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans