TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the simplest answer will be the correct one.
The CJG at the address on the arrest warrant
and who is a co-owner of the home and according to other public records is 33 yrs. old.
Therefore I have to deduce the DOB on arrest
record is a clerical error. It happens.

I see a birthdate of 04/1986 for the home owner, which if accurate would mean the month and year both were recorded wrong in the booking process.

No, I think Austin /Travis Co may still be the lead jurisdiction as they have been handling the case from the start and the crime apparently originated in Austin

This is where I get confused about the charges and why she is back in Travis. If the murder took place in Houston wouldn't Harris have that jurisdiction? Could this be why she hasn't been charged with that yet? I guess the kidnapping would be Travis and she could get that charge here, but if the murder took place in Houston I can see them lumping it all and sending it back to Harris, I think?

Regardless, I think LEO brought her back to be questioned to the point of breaking and showing LEO her exact steps that day.

Holy Carp does this mean they think she was killed in Houston?????
The body was found in Houston so it makes sense that is where the autopsy is done, by the medical examiner for that jurisdiction Harris County. There has been nothing reported as to what LE knows or thinks they know precisely what jurisdiction she was killed in. IMO Austin and Travis Co will remain the lead jurisdiction for prosecution either way.

The body was found in Houston so it makes sense that is where the autopsy is done, by the medical examiner for that jurisdiction Harris County. There has been nothing reported as to what LE knows or thinks they know precisely what jurisdiction she was killed in. IMO Austin and Travis Co will remain the lead jurisdiction for prosecution either way.
Yes, that makes sense because that is where Heidi was kidnapped.

If LE knows where HB was killed, they haven't made that detail public.

At yesterday's press conference, LE officials said that:

--Multiple scenes are being investigated for evidence between Austin and Harris County.

--The home in Jersey Valley, near Houston, is still an active crime scene.

--Travis County law enforcement officials in Austin are investigating whether any additional charges will be filed.

One person arrested in Harris County in kidnapping, death of Heidi Broussard, missing Austin mom

I'm assuming they think there's no chance MF will be able to raise the $600K bail, also assuming they are looking only at her for the murder itself. Obviously they feel she is not going anywhere, so there is no rush in charging for the more serious crime until they're ready.

Holy Carp does this mean they think she was killed in Houston?????
I am fairly certain that the Place of Death is the location where she was pronounced dead.

I think people and even the media are reading too much into it by making the leap that she was strangled while in the trunk of the car. I certainly can't conceive of how you could forensically determine she was killed in the trunk since the cause of death is ligature strangulation. The only way would be if Magen told them, but then she would be charged with murder if she had told them.

It’s just hard to imagine she was forced into the trunk of MF’s car at her apt complex without anyone seeing, but this whole case is unimaginable.

Hideous case of epic proportions. :(

Personally I don't believe we will be privy to any details anytime soon and may never know.

I firmly believe MF will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law which means DP. I wouldn't be surprised if MF cops a plea to avoid the needle either. It would also be in the best interest of Heidi's innocent children if that were the case. They will have to cope with the unimaginable loss of their Mother forever and a sensational trial does not need to be permanently inscribed on the internet.

JMHO

It’s just hard to imagine she was forced into the trunk of MF’s car at her apt complex without anyone seeing, but this whole case is unimaginable.

ETA was she murdered in Austin? Is that why MF was brought back there?

Deleting this entire post of mine since the ligature strangulation was noted in the case, and that she didn't die in the trunk naturally.

This case is hard. *tears

I'm assuming they think there's no chance MF will be able to raise the $600K bail, also assuming they are looking only at her for the murder itself. Obviously they feel she is not going anywhere, so there is no rush in charging for the more serious crime until they're ready.

Sure she could. Her BF's house doesn't have a mortgage. He bailed her out before. She only needs 10% or 60K to a bail bondsperson. I'm pretty certain just about any bailsperson would take the deed on that house as collateral.

I am fairly certain that the Place of Death is the location where she was pronounced dead.

I think people and even the media are reading too much into it by making the leap that she was strangled while in the trunk of the car. I certainly can't conceive of how you could forensically determine she was killed in the trunk since the cause of death is ligature strangulation. The only way would be if Magen told them, but then she would be charged with murder if she had told them.
RBBM

Yes exactly. The trunk is where she was pronounced dead. As to where she actually died I have a feeling the investigation is just getting started

Great points. It could very well be discovered that she was killed elsewhere. MOO

This is where I get confused about the charges and why she is back in Travis. If the murder took place in Houston wouldn't Harris have that jurisdiction? Could this be why she hasn't been charged with that yet? I guess the kidnapping would be Travis and she could get that charge here, but if the murder took place in Houston I can see them lumping it all and sending it back to Harris, I think?

Regardless, I think LEO brought her back to be questioned to the point of breaking and showing LEO her exact steps that day.
I don't think they know where she was murdered. She left apartment alive found dead 2.5 hours away. MF had to pull over sometime in order to get HB in the trunk just don't know where I am hoping that cell phone pings of MF phone may lead to an area between the 2 locations.

Sure she could. Her BF's house doesn't have a mortgage. He bailed her out before. She only needs 10% or 60K to a bail bondsperson. I'm pretty certain just about any bailsperson would take the deed on that house as collateral.

lol, if she gets out they best use a ball and chain instead of the conventional ankle bracelet.

The Daily Mail Online does not have a good reputation for accuracy and fact checking. In fact Wikipedia has made the strong suggestion to it's volunteer editors that citations from the Daily Mail should not be used.

"The editors explained Wednesday that the decision stemmed from "the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication."

"As a result, the Daily Mail and its online offshoot have been "generally prohibited" as a reference on Wikipedia, "especially when other more reliable sources exist."

Wikipedia bans citations of The Daily Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member