TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

Oh, I hope this is true!

2. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Here's a purely hypothetical example of a family going through State's CPS process:

Assuming an unmarried couple and mom who was deemed the primary custodian of the children is deceased, and minor children placed in care of CPS pending relationship confirmation.

The bio-dad-- with children from a prior relationship-- previously had contact with CPS.

The bio-dad has criminal record.

The bio-dad did not pass background test to coach child's baseball team.

Circumstances above would automatically prevent placement of the minor child with parent according to State procedure. It's not so unusual and why so many grandparents are deemed best temporary guardians until the court determines permanent placement. Many bio-parents eventually awarded custody after submitting a parenting plan for their unexpected circumstances including moving in with their parents/child grandparents.

4. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

I hope it's true as well. I hope they can get a house too. I think raising kids in a house is better than going up 3 flights. But either way...

5. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

Her friends saying she had a beautiful singing voice brought me to tears. I just picture her singing to her babies.

6. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

I had people in and out during labor but her friend said "while she as pushing". Just found that curious.

7. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

I know my post was confusing. Lol I started out arguing in favor of S.C. getting his child back because any other father, at any other time is not scrutinized by any agency for competency before they are allowed to take the baby home.

Then in went into my ex son in law and the audacity of someone like him being given custody of a turtle, let alone my granddaughter. LOL

So, I guess I can see both sides. My starting argument was the fact that new fathers around the world get their kids without scrutiny, yet because of something like this tragedy, SC has been scrutinized and he didn’t do anything wrong.

Sorry for the confusion. I’m indecisive these days, ever since chemotherapy altered my brain. As you witnessed, I debated with myself ^^^^^^^up there and I don’t know if I won or lost.

8. Wyle_E_Coyote

We do not have to pass a test or get a license from the state to have children. If he does have a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children, that's one thing. If he doesn't, he needs to be treated exactly like every other parent who walks out of a hospital with a newborn and given his child.

wary, Subiechik21, SassynOz and 27 others like this.
  9. TikiGirl

TikiGirl Active Member

SC's father did say SC was fully cooperative with LE, and SC said they needed to give LE everything and anything to help find HB, didn't matter that he was prime person of interest being HB's fiance, give LE everything and anything to help find her.

10. NanKelley

NanKelley Well-Known Member

Dad (TC) says the DNA isn’t complete, or that he doesn’t know, but SC is going to pick Margo up tonight. I think that means the DNA is done and that SC is the father. MOO.

11. Mariposa

Mariposa Well-Known Member

Not pointing at any particular post but I am uneasy with general trashing of CPS or saying they are being abusive. They have to follow prescribed legal steps because the child came into their custody through this bizarre awful crime. I see how it seems unfair that a family that wasn’t necessarily on CPS radar before now may face scrutiny. But the hard truth is that the baby did come into their custody and they have to be diligent in how they proceed. It may not be ideal but the alternative of no safeguards is worse.

12. Wyle_E_Coyote

I think the child should be placed with the parent who is (presumably) named on her birth certificate. If another person wants to assert paternity, there are channels to do that through family court. This is not the time, and CPS shouldn't just take custody in such situations.

13. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

And yet if the mother hadn’t been deceased, he could have tormented the child physically and mentally for decades or until Mom got wise and left him. How odd that seems to me. I think I’m fixated on that ATM. Sorry.

JB1958, Artis, RANCH and 1 other person like this.
  14. NDreu

NDreu Member

I believe the CPS criteria to be a bit more 'encompassing' than what you describe as only having 'a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children' as being a reason to disqualify someone from custody!

Its not as simple as being a bio-dad, unmarried male, and showing up and signing a statement that you have no history of abusing or neglecting children.

Get real!

15. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

I’m just mad at the old news being regurgitated like it’s new news. These reporters! :mad:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  16. lindaromas

lindaromas Well-Known Member

Wasn't Tricia doing an interview tonight? Did I miss it?

17. Wyle_E_Coyote

JMO, but she has creepy friends. This is altogether TMI!

OHSharon, ChiCubs2016, Kudzu and 3 others like this.
  18. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

BBM

1% of 1% is 1 in 10,000. Estimated 2019 US population is 330 Million so that would mean approximately 33,000 US female psychopaths. Some are still kids and some are institutionalized but that leaves plenty still out on the street. I won’t be at all surprised to learn MF is one of them.

19. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

Have there been any reports of SC having an attorney for family court? If he doesn’t have one...he needs one. A good one willing to fight if necessary.moo

deugirtni, BeckyF, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  20. NDreu

NDreu Member

Absolutely!

SC had a long and well documented relationship history over 10 years with HB and their 2 children. The couple had an on/off relationship for the duration of their relationship and had only most recently been living together since HB became pregnant. HB had primary childcare duties and responsibilities, set up the apt in Austin and worked long and hard hours to pay for food and shelter for her 2 children. This fact pattern has been well established in interviews with HB friends and her parents. HB was the primary caregiver to the children and has been for their entire lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.