PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Helen Gurley Brown Turns 90

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Gozgals, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

It is hard to believe Helen is 90. She changed the lives of
    women forever back in the 60's.
    Helen is an author, editor and advocate.

Snip
    During the decade of the 1960s she was an outspoken advocate of women's sexual freedom and sought to provide them with role-models and a guide in her magazine. She claimed that women could have it all, "love, sex, and money", a view that even preceding feminists such as Betty Friedan and Germaine Greer did not support at all and has been met with notable opposition by advocates of grass-roots devotion of women to family and marriage.[14] Due to her advocacy, glamorous, fashion-focused women were sometimes called "Cosmo Girls". Her work played a part in what is often called the sexual revolution.
    Snip

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Gurley_Brown"]Helen Gurley Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

2. annmarie62

annmarie62 New Member

WHOA! I had no idea she was 90! I will always love HGB, as "Cosmo" was my "bible" (shout-out to 'Legally Blonde' here!) in my space-cadet early 20s!!