WI WI - Helen Sebastian, 51, murdered, Racine, 1983

DFrancisco

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I'm curious to know if anyone has any information regarding the Helen Sebastian murder out of Racine, WI, 1983. I have been scouring the internet for over a week now, and have only found one YouTube video where it is briefly discussed, and two articles from the same publication (1991 and 2008). Here are the newsprint links:

1991 article
Break occurs in gruesome Racine slaying

2008 article
Search for woman's killer continues 25 years later

If anybody has further information, I'd love some direction to any other public records, websites, etc, as I have found next to nothing. Thanks.

Break occurs in gruesome Racine slaying

"About a month later, on March 28, a 10-year-old boy led detectives to the backyard of a vacant home in the 1400 block of 12th Street, where he thought he saw a human hand a few days earlier. There, police found arm, hand and leg parts, later determined to be Sebastian's."

"The following day, police found internal organs in a paper bag along the Chicago & North Western Co. railroad tracks near 16th Street, just west of Racine Street."

"On the third day, investigators found Sebastian's severed head wrapped in paper and plastic bags in weeds along the tracks west of the 1700 block of Racine Street."

There are only six residences on the 1400 block of 12th St, which is one block west of the same railroad tracks where the head and internal organs were found. Do you know the exact address and whether that residence is still vacant?

Google Maps

All locations are within 1.1 miles walking distance of 1825 Center St., where Helen Sebastian was last seen. Maybe the killer(s) didn't have a vehicle and carried the body parts to where they were found? It's even possible the murder also happened in this general area and the torso may still be buried nearby at the murder sight because it was too heavy to carry?

Google Maps

I speculate that since the abduction and murder occurred on February 25, which is between February 21, the day after she went missing and March 28, when the first body parts were found. FindAGrave lists her death as Feb 21.

The reason I say February 25 is because it's a Satanic holiday, St. Walpurgis Day, which is a day for communion of blood and dismemberment. Any age victim will do.

LIST OF SATANIC HOLIDAYS (SRA)

Saint Walpurgis, a female, died on February 25, 777 AD. in Heidenheim, Germany, which translates to heathens home. The fact that Sebastian's last name was also a saint's name is also interesting.

The reason I speculate a Satanic or witches coven is responsible is because several people had given her warning that she was to die so it was a planned murder. The fact that she disappeared February 20th, 5 days before a Satanic holiday that is celebrated for a blood communion and dismemberment of the body is good indication of why she was killed. I'm betting that the police know this but are keeping quiet about it. The others that are involved or know about it are also keeping quiet because Satanists usually kill those who talk and are sworn to secrecy.

It's also interesting that the victim was born between Oct 13 - 30, which is a time of preparation for All Hallows Eve, Samhain (Halloween), abduction, holding and ceremonial preparation of individual for human sacrifice. I'm not implying that she was involved in a Satanic cult but was chosen as a victim of Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) based on certain criteria.

Someone in Racine must know of a Satanic cult or witches coven operating in the area.

I thought I'd post that article and a follow up article you referred to. The dismembered man that the article refers to was James Madden, 24, of Whitefish Bay, WI. Parts of his dismembered body were found at a farm in the 4100 block of Britton Rd. in rural Racine County 29 Jun 1990. He had been stabbed several times in the back and chest. Joachim E. Dressler was arrested in that case.

The article also mentioned that in October, 1983, the dismembered body of Eric Hansen, 18, of St. Francis, WI, was found in Petrifying Springs Park in Kenosha County, WI.

Attachments

• sebastian.jpg
    sebastian.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sebastian2.jpg
    sebastian2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
If she left her residence about 1 PM Sunday (1) to visit a friend to play cards, but never arrived, how did she end up walking south on Grand Ave near 13th St about 4:30 PM, Sunday (2) back to her residence at 1825/1827 Center St? She had to have gone somewhere and was coming back from somewhere since she was gone for those 3 1/2 hours.

It would be helpful if we knew the address of the friend's house. Her mother did not know who the friend was. Some body parts were found behind a vacant house (3) at 1409 12th St. Internal organs were found in a bag near 16th St and the railroad tracks (4).The head was found wrapped in paper and plastic bags in bushes adjacent to railroad tracks west of the 1700 block of Racine St and several hundred yards south of 16th St and Junction Ave. (5).

Racinemapsebastian.jpg

It sounds like they have a suspect but for some reason haven’t brought charges.

It sounds like they have a suspect but for some reason haven’t brought charges.
Getting a tip in 1991, 32 years ago, is a long time. It would be nice if they updated this information, pro or con. Other people who might have information now think that since they have a suspect why bother giving them any more information when they assume the case is solved? Any other potential witnesses are probably deceased by now. The police aren't going to generate any new leads by never releasing any updates. Especially after 32 years. What a lame policy. They should be updating these cases at least yearly on their websites, not burying them in the sands of time.

If she left her residence about 1 PM Sunday (1) to visit a friend to play cards, but never arrived, how did she end up walking south on Grand Ave near 13th St about 4:30 PM, Sunday (2) back to her residence at 1825/1827 Center St? She had to have gone somewhere and was coming back from somewhere since she was gone for those 3 1/2 hours.

It would be helpful if we knew the address of the friend's house. Her mother did not know who the friend was. Some body parts were found behind a vacant house (3) at 1409 12th St. Internal organs were found in a bag near 16th St and the railroad tracks (4).The head was found wrapped in paper and plastic bags in bushes adjacent to railroad tracks west of the 1700 block of Racine St and several hundred yards south of 16th St and Junction Ave. (5).

View attachment 415669
just looking at photos of the 1400 block 12 th st. the other day in regards to one of the other cases here in Racine

just looking at photos of the 1400 block 12 th st. the other day in regards to one of the other cases here in Racine

jb9672, was 1409 12th St, where the boy found the human hand, part of those photos? Also, what case are you referring to? Any connection?

The Journal Times 29 Mar 1983, Tue, Page 1, at Newspapers.com stated "The Racine County Register of Deeds office lists the owner of the house at 1409 12th St. as (owner's name) of 1933 Center St.", which is on the same side of the street and 13 houses south of Helen's house at 1827 Center St. I modified my map below to reflect that fact. He also lived at the 1409 12th St Ave at one time.
"Carvino (Racine Police Chief) said police were concentrating their search on a steep, wooded bank that separates the house from a foundry." You can see the foundry's block wall in the photo below with orange construction fencing on the steep bank.

The 1950 United States Federal Census shows this same home owner's occupation as a grinder at a foundry. Did he possibly work at the same foundry next door to 1409 12th St.?

140912th.png

Racinemapsebastian (2).jpg

Interestingly, in searching the online newspapers at Newspapers.com, the Racine Journal Times reports that burglaries for that same owner occurred at his residence at 1933 Center St. on February 17, 1970, June 28, 1974, August 19, 1977, August 31, 1977, November 24, 1982, August 15, 1984, at his residence at 1527 Maple St. and at his rental properties at 1500 Racine St. He also had numerous fires and arsons at his rental properties and his tavern. I can't believe the police didn't pick up on this series of burglaries and fires all connected to one man.

jb9672, was 1409 12th St, where the boy found the human hand, part of those photos? Also, what case are you referring to? Any connection?

The Journal Times 29 Mar 1983, Tue, Page 1, at Newspapers.com stated "The Racine County Register of Deeds office lists the owner of the house at 1409 12th St. as (owner's name) of 1933 Center St.", which is on the same side of the street and 13 houses south of Helen's house at 1827 Center St. I modified my map below to reflect that fact. He also lived at the 1409 12th St Ave at one time.
"Carvino (Racine Police Chief) said police were concentrating their search on a steep, wooded bank that separates the house from a foundry." You can see the foundry's block wall in the photo below with orange construction fencing on the steep bank.

The 1950 United States Federal Census shows this same home owner's occupation as a grinder at a foundry. Did he possibly work at the same foundry next door to 1409 12th St.?

View attachment 479118

View attachment 479127

Interestingly, in searching the online newspapers at Newspapers.com, the Racine Journal Times reports that burglaries for that same owner occurred at his residence at 1933 Center St. on February 17, 1970, June 28, 1974, August 19, 1977, August 31, 1977, November 24, 1982, August 15, 1984, at his residence at 1527 Maple St. and at his rental properties at 1500 Racine St. He also had numerous fires and arsons at his rental properties and his tavern. I can't believe the police didn't pick up on this series of burglaries and fires all connected to one man.
no it was not a photo of this house but one that's no longer on that block that the photo of a house from 1975 that was no longer lived in at that time.it was at 12th and Lockwood if i recall right. infarct i looked at a lot of the places as to buildings/homes photos from 1975 and look a lot different then what we see to day. the case i was looking for info for is t.m.d. case 1973

View attachment 479118

View attachment 479127

what tavern did this man own?

no it was not a photo of this house but one that's no longer on that block that the photo of a house from 1975 that was no longer lived in at that time.it was at 12th and Lockwood if i recall right. infarct i looked at a lot of the places as to buildings/homes photos from 1975 and look a lot different then what we see to day. the case i was looking for info for is t.m.d. case 1973
Thank you. Tina Davidson.

12lockwood.png

View attachment 479118

View attachment 479127

Interestingly, in searching the online newspapers at Newspapers.com, the Racine Journal Times reports that burglaries for that same owner occurred at his residence at 1933 Center St. on February 17, 1970, June 28, 1974, August 19, 1977, August 31, 1977, November 24, 1982, August 15, 1984, at his residence at 1527 Maple St. and at his rental properties at 1500 Racine St. He also had numerous fires and arsons at his rental properties and his tavern. I can't believe the police didn't pick up on this series of burglaries and fires all connected to one

Stephanie Casberg murder in a way is like hellen's i know there years a part but well i just think they are because of how they where found. Josephine Goral (aka state street sally) and jane Lamar case i think could also have some kind of tie with there cases as well because both in the same mo. also 3 days part in the the same year .

I'm referring to just this case regarding the murder of Helen. I added some info to the photos to clarify. The burglaries and fires I mentioned above have no connection to the Sebastian case.
140912th2.pngRacinemapsebastian (2) (1).jpg

I know the shop buildings have been there for a lot of years. the brick wall it think back then may have been a diffent one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back