FEATURED Help Find Marvin "Rusty" Holderman/ Police Reached out to Websleuths, 2008?

Wondering about the jaw surgery and screws. Anything from family to confirm he had jaw surgery?

To date, we have submitted to the detective the initial data gathered but still have not received any feedback.

Wondering about the jaw surgery and screws. Anything from family to confirm he had jaw surgery?

I'm finding nothing regarding this, so there's no way to say for sure whether it strengthens the likelihood or not.

In looking over the case a little more, the interesting part is that the intersection listed under the circumstances section (Turnpike and E Osceola Parkway) is actually in Osceola County (Kissimmee area), but the case is listed under Orange County (Orlando area). This suggests he was found right near the county line, which creates jurisdictional issues, and, I'm guessing, is potentially why Kissimmee hadn't noticed this case yet. See this map:

https://goo.gl/maps/LjPxt1D7PmP2

Use the zoom in function on the bottom right without first moving the map, and it will zoom in directly on the location, essentially right on the county line.

I followed up and had a brief exchange with Detective Hess. For now, if anyone is interested in tracing the religious trail Rusty was following, it may point to new leads.

I followed up and had a brief exchange with Detective Hess. For now, if anyone is interested in tracing the religious trail Rusty was following, it may point to new leads.

Did you happen to discuss the Orange County UID I mentioned above? Just curious if they were/are aware the case exists.

I sent it to him. [emoji4]

Received an update via email from Doe Network. The remains were indeed found within Osceola County/Kissimmee - not Orlando/Orange County, which is an error on the site - and within 10 miles of where Holderman disappeared. So Kissimmee is the lead agency on both cases. The estimated year of death is between 2012-2014, which may not correlate well to Holderman's disappearance.

Oddly, found with the unidentified remains were several hospital-type socks containing broken glass. The detective thinks they were some type of obsession. My first though is that it's some self-mutilating way of showing someone that you're "walking on broken glass".

Received an update via email from Doe Network. The remains were indeed found within Osceola County/Kissimmee - not Orlando/Orange County, which is an error on the site - and within 10 miles of where Holderman disappeared. So Kissimmee is the lead agency on both cases. The estimated year of death is between 2012-2014, which may not correlate well to Holderman's disappearance.

Oddly, found with the unidentified remains were several hospital-type socks containing broken glass. The detective thinks they were some type of obsession. My first though is that it's some self-mutilating way of showing someone that you're "walking on broken glass".

I wonder if the glass pieces in each sock can be reassembled into a single item? For some reason the first place my mind went is to a Jewish wedding ceremony where the groom breaks a glass by stomping on it. Traditionally the glass would be wrapped in napkins for breaking but they also make breaking glasses with keepsake bags to keep the pieces contained: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KFXK3...7D&pd_rd_r=ZX6BFCRTAF1T4YZ084SB&pd_rd_w=rI2ba

Is there a separate thread for the UID?

The idea of "walking on broken glass" is brilliant, and does play into the religious angle.

Back on to the Haywood Street shelter... what do you think of this guy named Rusty? Too young?

http://haywoodstreet.org/rusty/

Rusty tells me about two marriages and four kids. He tells me about living on the streets since 2001. He tells me about prison, six months of it and how sometimes God puts all these tough folk around you so that you can learn to love them. He tells me that you have to let the things you love go and see what comes back.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Rusty-600x519.jpg
    Rusty-600x519.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 407
The idea of "walking on broken glass" is brilliant, and does play into the religious angle.

Back on to the Haywood Street shelter... what do you think of this guy named Rusty? Too young?

attachment.php

Wow. Eyes are about the same distance apart, nose is the same shape, curly hair and named Rusty. Send that to the detective!

attachment.php
I get a jolt of wow that's him!

I've been wrong before, of course, but he does look very close.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Wow. Eyes are about the same distance apart, nose is the same shape, curly hair and named Rusty. Send that to the detective!

The eyes have the same slant as well. My curly haired daughter’s hair has grown similarly (less tight kinky curl) as it has gotten longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardener - I don't think a thread for the UID exists. If you want to start one, feel free.

The images of "Rusty" from Haywood Street are remarkably similar in appearance. I'm getting the feeling that the UID remains are not related to Holderman at this point.

Take another look at the nose. Especially the nostrils. I don't think it's a match.

In the black and white photo, the gentleman looks healthier, happier and more confident. He's holding his head up higher revealing more nostril.

This is absolutely Rusty. I put the faces over each other, faded them out, and it is a perfect match.

This is absolutely Rusty. I put the faces over each other, faded them out, and it is a perfect match.

Either it’s Rusty or his twin doppelgänger.
I’m voting that it’s him.

Yes they are very very similar, especially the mouth and beard. But look at the ears. I feel the ears in the black and white photo stick out more. Nevertheless I would send it in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back