FEATURED Help Find Marvin "Rusty" Holderman/ Police Reached out to Websleuths, 2008?

Is the family looking for Mr. Holderman at all?

Starting to feel like Bob Harrod's sad, sad story....

Are we all talking about the same young man as possibly being his son? Is my link what's really driving this search? Why suddenly after 11 years otherwise? It's possible Rusty is alive.

Yes, I think so Gigtu. Possibly the young man has become of a certain age and wants to be able to claim that money. JMO. I also have a theory on where the money came from originally. In 1965, Rusty's father survived a United Airlines plane crash that killed 40 people. I found his name listed as a survivor in old newspaper clippings. I didn't find out if there was a lawsuit settlement associated with the crash but that would be my guess as to the source of the estate money paying out at $1000 per month. Not that any of this matters, but it could be the motivation for finding Rusty today. It's possible he is alive and doesn't know who he is.

I feel like this is a wild goose chase, because we are not able to verify that any of our finds are relevant or not. I have spent hours reading and going down rabbit holes, and at no time in the past 11 years has anyone anywhere attempted to locate him that I could see. On behalf of Rusty, I'm kind of angry - for it is becoming my opinion that no one cared enough to look for him until he had something they wanted. I'm concluding that after a "due diligence" search that we are leading but receiving no feedback, he'll probably just be decleared dead and not given another thought. JMO

i don't know if the Detective is reading here, or if you need to email possible IUD to them. Maybe check with Trish, but that UID is a good match IMO.

Yes, he is reading here but I will get an email address so you can send him your submissions.

Great work everyone.

Keep it up and THANK YOU,
Tricia

I feel like this is a wild goose chase, because we are not able to verify that any of our finds are relevant or not. I have spent hours reading and going down rabbit holes, and at no time in the past 11 years has anyone anywhere attempted to locate him that I could see. On behalf of Rusty, I'm kind of angry - for it is becoming my opinion that no one cared enough to look for him until he had something they wanted. I'm concluding that after a "due diligence" search that we are leading but receiving no feedback, he'll probably just be decleared dead and not given another thought. JMO
I appreciate this comment so much. My son ran around homeless for a year with not one family member aside from myself and my partner looking for him. They wrote him off thinking he was on meth. The police were friendly with him and interacted with him on many occasions while i was trying to help him trust me enough to let me help him. In fact the police and paramedics looked out for him and helped him by talking to him and help him see he needed help. They did this over and over. One even bought him a ticket home after he panicked and got off the bus. He was walking around acting odd and scaring people but the police officer responded very calmly and helped him anyway.

He was in a horrible psychosis, didn't know who he was by the time i got him hospitalized. He's stable and no longer homeless now but I'm angry at my family for not getting involved until they found out he was mentally ill. Now they care and have since helped as much as they could... they learned but i want to say thank you. I love that you ask these questions and that you care.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Could he be homeless in Mexico?

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/05/missing-men-mexico-do-you-recognize-them/

Seen in 2017 in Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8848.jpg
    IMG_8848.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 575
Could he be homeless in Mexico?

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/05/missing-men-mexico-do-you-recognize-them/

Seen in 2017 in Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas.
attachment.php

I only know basic Spanish (1 year of it in college), but the picture basically says: "This man appears homeless. At the border of Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas, in Mexico. Only speaks English, so it seems he's American. He has green eyes in the photo, but [the photographer] didn't notice [his eye color in real life]. Maybe someone is looking for him in the USA."

That is a great find. You warned us it was graphic, I wasn't ready. :(

The good news is they were able to capture fingerprints. I hope MLH has fingerprints on file somewhere.

Re BBM:
NamUs shows as: "fingerprint information is available and entered"

This and the homeless man in Mexico do look very close to MLH's appearance.

You all working so hard here are amazing. I wish you luck. not sure how much I can offer, but I am making an attempt to find anything that might be helpful.

We just need someone to come and rule out (or rule in) everything we've dug up so far. It's hard to be motivated without feedback. We will find you, Rusty.

This UID in Washington state looks like what I would imagine he would look like with a longer beard and streaks of white/grey in his red hair:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13951

IMO, this guy should be ruled out as well. When I first saw this recreation of Carl's and read the background I immediately thought "vet getting away from it all" or maybe even going to check out on his own terms. Isn't it sad that we have so many possibilities to sort through? A sad commentary.

IMO, this guy should be ruled out as well. When I first saw this recreation of Carl's and read the background I immediately thought "vet getting away from it all" or maybe even going to check out on his own terms. Isn't it sad that we have so many possibilities to sort through? A sad commentary.
I agree, i don't think that's him.

I agree, i don't think that's him.

Actually, my terminology is misleading. When i say someone shoukd be "ruled out", i mean they should be reviewed as a possibility. I will be clearer henceforth! : )

The background on "the camper" aligns with a vet who was struggling, and made me think of our subject Rusty. The emaciated red headed Doe mentioned a few posts back is more likely our guy, but both should be checked IMO.

Thank you, Tricia.

Can we agree to compile one working doc to keep it clean and not repeat information to him? Is anyone around tomorrow that can compile all the possibles into one document and send it to him? If not, I'll build out a nice spreadsheet on Monday and send it to him.

We need to also see if he'll share any info on Rusty's background, which can only help us hunt better. We need to get all up in the unidentified cases. We need to learn our timeframe.

Thanks all.

Actually, my terminology is misleading. When i say someone shoukd be "ruled out", i mean they should be reviewed as a possibility. I will be clearer henceforth! : )

The background on "the camper" aligns with a vet who was struggling, and made me think of our subject Rusty. The emaciated red headed Doe mentioned a few posts back is more likely our guy, but both should be checked IMO.
No, you were clear. I should have said it differently. I agree he needs to be ruled out but... I don't think it's him. Thank you for clarifying. :)

I'm impressed with all of you. Great work!

Dear GigTu,

Not sure if anyone can put it together Sunday. If not let me thank you in advance for organizing a much-needed spreadsheet to send to Detective Hess. If you need anything from me (other than what you already requested) please let me know.

Detective Hess said this is all he has. He has turned over everything. I will double check with him though.

I can't begin to properly express how impressed with everyone's work.

Thank you Thank you Thank you,
Tricia

Thank you, Tricia.

Can we agree to compile one working doc to keep it clean and not repeat information to him? Is anyone around tomorrow that can compile all the possibles into one document and send it to him? If not, I'll build out a nice spreadsheet on Monday and send it to him.

We need to also see if he'll share any info on Rusty's background, which can only help us hunt better. We need to get all up in the unidentified cases. We need to learn our timeframe.

Thanks all.

I'm gone all day today, but I will get it together tomorrow and send it on. Please add any UIDs you can find that could match. No region is off limits. He could be anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back