Henry Lee as a Defense Expert *Merged*

I haven't seen anything on the docket requesting one, and I do not see where the defense has submitted an amended witness list.

In regards to Dr Rodriguez...he is a Forensic Anthropologist/Taphonomy Expert
Judge Perry has not granted a Taphonomy Expert unless a Rogers Hearing was done secretly
Judge Perry only approved 1 Forensic Anthropologist..Kathy Reichs..

How can Dr Rodriguez be listed as an Expert Witness, who will be deposed by the Prosecution, if he has not been approved...

If Dr.. Rodriguez is working ProBono Does the Judge even need to authorize this Expert? if the JAC is not involved?

In regards to Dr Rodriguez...he is a Forensic Anthropologist/Taphonomy Expert
Judge Perry has not granted a Taphonomy Expert unless a Rogers Hearing was done secretly
Judge Perry only approved 1 Forensic Anthropologist..Kathy Reichs..

How can Dr Rodriguez be listed as an Expert Witness, who will be deposed by the Prosecution, if he has not been approved...

If Dr.. Rodriguez is working ProBono Does the Judge even need to authorize this Expert? if the JAC is not involved?

The approval is just for JAC payment. The defense is free to hire experts who are willing to work pro bono. Although those kind of experts tend to bail if they no longer believe in the case....:innocent:

The approval is just for JAC payment. The defense is free to hire experts who are willing to work pro bono. Although those kind of experts tend to bail if they no longer believe in the case....:innocent:

I may be wrong, but I was sort of reading between the lines of JB's begging for more time regarding Dr. Rodriguez as "well we need more time because noone has agreed to pay him yet!". Which I strongly suspect is the same problem as with many of the other "we do not expect to call them at trial, AT THIS TIME" witnesses. This is probably especially true with regards to Dr. Lee. I have always suspected that he has a sliding scale of what it will cost vs how deeply he has to shovel the bs in front of the jury. With Phil Specter being the far end of "big money buys big bull plop to the point of misconduct" and KC's bag of oranges buys a couple of talk show appearances to pimp his book, but no real concrete testimony.

I may be wrong, but I was sort of reading between the lines of JB's begging for more time regarding Dr. Rodriguez as "well we need more time because noone has agreed to pay him yet!". Which I strongly suspect is the same problem as with many of the other "we do not expect to call them at trial, AT THIS TIME" witnesses. This is probably especially true with regards to Dr. Lee. I have always suspected that he has a sliding scale of what it will cost vs how deeply he has to shovel the bs in front of the jury. With Phil Specter being the far end of "big money buys big bull plop to the point of misconduct" and KC's bag of oranges buys a couple of talk show appearances to pimp his book, but no real concrete testimony.

While I agree with you that this could be an issue let me float something else here. I do not think Dr. Lee was lying about working pro bono. I do think, however, that Dr. Lee may have an issue with the $275,000 and the fact that JB said the reminder of the money after he took his cut and paid AL went to pay experts and investigators. So could it be the good doctor has a hair crossed because he was told there was no money in the beginning? Or he was actually paid and no more money is available. He gets some big bucks to testify. Just a thought.

BBM :twocents: If I may, there's a HUGE difference in the HCL of yesteryear and the HCL of the present, to whit I add the terse comment to the bolded statement: B I N G O!

TOTALLY, COMPLETELY, 100%, UNADULTERATED, PHENOMENOLOGICALLY OPINIONATED as MINE~:innocent:

Mark my vote for the bolded, underlined above, TWA!!

I also believe he has a very poor understanding of basic law principles, court procedures, grasp of the English grammar...and the list goes on and on.

Reminds me of how much I giggled when reviewing the docket for the Nilton Diaz case Baez defended and reading all the ridiculous reprimands the judge in that case directed at Mr. Baez. ("Mr. Baez, you MUST show up for court hearings!"!) :great:

BBM :)

For real???:great:

While I agree with you that this could be an issue let me float something else here. I do not think Dr. Lee was lying about working pro bono. I do think, however, that Dr. Lee may have an issue with the $275,000 and the fact that JB said the reminder of the money after he took his cut and paid AL went to pay experts and investigators. So could it be the good doctor has a hair crossed because he was told there was no money in the beginning? Or he was actually paid and no more money is available. He gets some big bucks to testify. Just a thought.

Didn't Dr. Lee submit a rather large bill to the JAC? After CM claimed he would work for a bag or oranges? And now we find that all that is "moot"? Sorry but I think that old Dr. Lee is the textbook example of "checkbook forensic expertise".

"moot" huh. I know the word, but that is the most descriptive word they could come up with?

So Lee has bailed-I thought Reichs bailed early on...is JB talking about an earlier report she might have started?

Lee bailing is just so....:great::floorlaugh:
:cow:moo
ETA: oranges my rear!

Didn't Dr. Lee submit a rather large bill to the JAC? After CM claimed he would work for a bag or oranges? And now we find that all that is "moot"? Sorry but I think that old Dr. Lee is the textbook example of "checkbook forensic expertise".

I can't agree with you more. When you look at what his expense report reads like. What was it, something like $8,000 in expenses he was trying to get from JAC. lol That's a lot of "Crabpuffs".

It's pretty obvious Mason was lying about the oranges - he just wanted to minimize and obfuscate the ridiculousness of calling in experts like Dr. Lee for this very simple case.

It's pretty obvious Mason was lying about the oranges - he just wanted to minimize and obfuscate the ridiculousness of calling in experts like Dr. Lee for this very simple case.

Well, Horace, I don't think CM was lying exactly.....but, for Dr. Lee when given a choice between a crate of oranges and a piece of that $275,000 pie, well, need I say more?

I was away for a couple days and am lost...LOL. would someone please tell me or direct me to where I can find out which 'experts' will be called to testify for the defense? It seems that most have been dropped or dropped out. TIA and y'all are :great:

I was away for a couple days and am lost...LOL. would someone please tell me or direct me to where I can find out which 'experts' will be called to testify for the defense? It seems that most have been dropped or dropped out. TIA and y'all are :great:

JB filed this yesterday, H Lee is not testifying as of now: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26611795/detail.html

ThinkTank :blowkiss: provided us with this updated list of "experts":

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6062203&postcount=158"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back