Her-Community2 Podcast as it relates to the LISK case

ListeningAndWatching

Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of points of interest from the Her-Community2 Podcast as it relates to the Long Island Serial Killer case.

She definitely finds him culpable...but sounded to me like she thinks he is part of a clique that included his buddy Brewer. I am surprised she outed her ex by full name in the last episode. She has academic smarts but I cannot imagine why anyone who claims to have multiple attempts on her life would want to out so many people and thereby jeopardize her own safety further, does not seem very bright. I do not subscribe to what seems to be her notion that when you already place yourself in danger for “telling” she then goes full throttle with the name dropping in the hopes that being overtly fearless in public somehow protects her. With all her knowledge she should have her own self-preservation as a higher priority. While some may argue that she is mentally unstable or full of it, one thing she possesses is intellect, however not very much of the street or road code variety sort.

She has academic smarts but I cannot imagine why anyone who claims to have multiple attempts on her life would want to out so many people and thereby jeopardize her own safety further,

I haven't made it through all the episodes yet, but completely agree on what I've heard so far. Add in the safety of her kids as well

I finished the 3rd part this morning. She's definitely all over the place, which made it a bit hard to follow. I absolutely agree, though, she seems to know a lot, and seems to just need the right people to listen to her.

One thing she mentioned in this episode but I couldn't connect it with anything she had said earlier - where/how did she get items from JB's house?

All rambling and circular discussion points boil down to one thing: she thinks her ex-husband is the LISK.
I don’t know how are use this application. I have all my life had some type of sixth sense On things. I know that this serial killer he’s a businessman or a corporate person he’s most likely a subcontractor who moves around city to city on the East Coast. I believe he’s in his late 30s early 40s and has a family. He believes that street workers are the Filth of the earth. The stretch of road the 10 bodies were found on he takes to work on a daily basis. It’s like driving down the road so he can see and relive his work.

I don’t know how are use this application. I have all my life had some type of sixth sense On things. I know that this serial killer he’s a businessman or a corporate person he’s most likely a subcontractor who moves around city to city on the East Coast. I believe he’s in his late 30s early 40s and has a family. He believes that street workers are the Filth of the earth. The stretch of road the 10 bodies were found on he takes to work on a daily basis. It’s like driving down the road so he can see and relive his work.
He’s done this before. I believe he moved to the East Coast shortly before maybe a year or two before the body started showing up. Somewhere else in the country a similar situation has taken place. I have a weird feeling it’s maybe Colorado somewhere with mountains. I know they say you have to go back to the first murder which is Maureen but that’s not the first one.

I finished the 3rd part this morning. She's definitely all over the place, which made it a bit hard to follow. I absolutely agree, though, she seems to know a lot, and seems to just need the right people to listen to her.

One thing she mentioned in this episode but I couldn't connect it with anything she had said earlier - where/how did she get items from JB's house?
She said her ex-husband (Chris) brought them home from Brewer’s.

Last edited:
Frequently in domestic violence cases the perpetrator(s) will dismiss the victim as “crazy.” Invalidating the victim’s story by assassinating their character and credibility takes the focus and blame for any trauma caused by the perp off of the perp, and makes anything the victim says null and void. It’s a particularly devious tactic used by the actually guilty.

This is not to say that DPH is, or is not in a healthy headspace before or after the recording of the Her-Community2 podcast, just something to consider.

This notion of victim story dismissal/invalidation being attributed to some fault of cause or of their own as I mentioned in the previous paragraph particularly disturbs me when it is applied to the case of Shannan Gilbert; with certain officials and members of the media having tried to use some sort of previous emotional disturbance issues as an excuse to write her off as: ‘she bugged out/went crazy/ perhaps she used drugs/ perhaps she was unknowingly drugged/in a completely unhinged, panicked terror she fled into a dark marsh at night and drowned.’ Such a simple yet completely implausible excuse for the dismissal of the taking of a human life. Even if in the worst case scenario a person is completely mentally ill, it does not make their humanity any less valid nor is it acceptable to sweep their untimely end under the rug like last week’s dust bunnies. ACCOUNTABILITY.

Last edited:
He’s done this before. I believe he moved to the East Coast shortly before maybe a year or two before the body started showing up. Somewhere else in the country a similar situation has taken place. I have a weird feeling it’s maybe Colorado somewhere with mountains. I know they say you have to go back to the first murder which is Maureen but that’s not the first one.
You're in the wrong thread, hun. We're not interested in this hobbyist speculation about LISK being some rambling serial killer wandering around the American West. Give me a break. The victims and their families deserve justice, not people waxing fanfic about this case.

She definitely finds him culpable...but sounded to me like she thinks he is part of a clique that included his buddy Brewer. I am surprised she outed her ex by full name in the last episode. She has academic smarts but I cannot imagine why anyone who claims to have multiple attempts on her life would want to out so many people and thereby jeopardize her own safety further, does not seem very bright. I do not subscribe to what seems to be her notion that when you already place yourself in danger for “telling” she then goes full throttle with the name dropping in the hopes that being overtly fearless in public somehow protects her. With all her knowledge she should have her own self-preservation as a higher priority. While some may argue that she is mentally unstable or full of it, one thing she possesses is intellect, however not very much of the street or road code variety sort.
Has anyone listened to the latest episodes with the info on the Thomas Valva case? It's so disturbing but DPH does bring up interesting connections to cultic activities and child trafficking. It's really interesting how Valva was allowed to go unchecked for so long.

It's unfortunate the podcast is such a mess because I do think DPH has good info but she's such a live wire that no respectable show or host will have her on. So we have to deal with the slurring, hiccuping and horrible background music.

Has anyone listened to the latest episodes with the info on the Thomas Valva case? It's so disturbing but DPH does bring up interesting connections to cultic activities and child trafficking. It's really interesting how Valva was allowed to go unchecked for so long.

It's unfortunate the podcast is such a mess because I do think DPH has good info but she's such a live wire that no respectable show or host will have her on. So we have to deal with the slurring, hiccuping and horrible background music.
I’ve been purposely avoiding the Valva case because I tried to force myself to listen but it was too triggering. There is much to be said however, about how child abusers manage to either fly under the radar so long, or how some of them manage to fly through the legal/criminal justice system relatively unscathed. There are a few parallels that exist here between the Valva case and the victims who suffered (locally) at the hands of the serial killer(s). A lot of funny stuff going on behind the scenes systemically speaking. #sidebar

I’ve been purposely avoiding the Valva case because I tried to force myself to listen but it was too triggering. There is much to be said however, about how child abusers manage to either fly under the radar so long, or how some of them manage to fly through the legal/criminal justice system relatively unscathed. There are a few parallels that exist here between the Valva case and the victims who suffered (locally) at the hands of the serial killer(s). A lot of funny stuff going on behind the scenes systemically speaking. #sidebar
I agree, it’s very hard to hear about child abuse especially what seemed like torture. DPH said some really interesting things about a potential satanic cult involvement in it. I know everyone has a hair trigger response to anything “satanic panic” but the fact remains that these organizations do exist. It’s not urban legend. I think they probably serve a very functional purpose tangential to organized crime.

Oh is DPH doing a podcast now?
I've been away from WS for a bit.

I remember tumbling down the hobbyist theory and the things DPH was proposing - seems like a million years ago.
Not sure if UG still exists but I remember deep diving into many of those message boards when you still could. I will always remember one user handle in particular that had the word slinky in it.
I definitely saw alot of posts that were upsetting on many levels.
DPH often came off as a little much however there was actually something to be seen in the directions she was pointing.
Eventually I had to stop going down those roads - the stuff I read left my brain yelling "Is this just what human beings are like? Do I pass these people on the street and have no clue? Ahhhhh!"
Hard to look at sometimes.
But that was years ago.
I'd be interested to hear the podcast.

Sorry I'm late to the party...is the podcast called HerCommunity2?

PS I agree with your comments a few posts back re: the prevalence of diminished credibility due to character assasination @ListeningAndWatching

Update: I found the podcast.
Definitely going to give a listen.
Thanks, would have definitely missed this!

Last edited:
I've only just finished the first episode of the series w DPH.
I have experience in podcast production.
The tools available to edit podcasts are accessible to even the most inexperienced podcasters. The constant bodily function interruptions would've been edited out in ANY OTHER podcast. Easy peasy.
It was left in on purpose.

DPH has been a thorn in alot of people's sides.

This podcast, at least the first episode, overtly discredits DPH through Corella's constant hiccuping and inability to engage with or follow DPH's points.

This feels more like a hit piece on DPH.

If I didnt know better I'd think someone in the echelons of power in Suffolk county orchestrated this project.

Maybe someone in political office.
Strange that the host, Catherine Corella, is running for Town Clerk in Babylon.
Isn't Oak Beach part of Babylon

Just some thoughts...I guess I'll go ahead and listen to the rest of the episodes.

Hah that crazy host is now threatening to Sue people on Reddit who said she was drunk on the podcast. Sorry hun, but being a public figure means people can say pretty much whatever they want about you on the internet.

Could you link the reddit discussion of the podcast?

Something that stood out to me while listening to this podcast.. DPH says that Gus Coletti was up early that morning to attend a car show, when SG knocked on his door for help before allegedly panicking and running away. It reminded me of those dolls that were left at all of the girls’ memorial sites where their bodies were found, I remember them being said to be a type of old doll that was put on cars at car shows. Maybe I’m overthinking but I thought it was an odd coincidence.

another thing I wanted to ask if anyone knew who she kept referring to as the “mayor of oak beach”? Because I’ve heard people refer to PH & GC as “mayor of oak beach” so now there’s a 3rd “mayor”? The podcast is a bit all over the place and I think that’s the host Catherine’s fault. I think it was in episode 3 she couldn’t even figure out the difference between the words “analysis” and “analogy” (both which were NOT even the correct word she was trying to use). Super hard to listen to lol

It’s important to separate the LISK related content in this podcast, which explicitly comes from DPH, from the horrible lack of structure of the podcast, which is a result of an amateurish attempt at creating a podcast. The host is clearly not a professional writer or producer, and lacks very basic knowledge on how to conduct an interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back