• gumm_alexander4.jpg
  • gumm_alexander5.jpg
Gumm, circa 2018

• Missing Since02/23/2018
  • Missing FromKauai, Hawaii
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight5'11 - 6'0, 160 - 180 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsBiracial (African-American/Caucasian) male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Gumm has a eight-inch tattoo of the Kundalini Staff of Life on the inside of his left forearm, and a tattoo of a blue eye on his right hand.
Details of Disappearance
Gumm moved from his home in North Berwick, Maine to Kauai, Hawaii in February 2018, to "seek enlightenment." His parents stated that prior to leaving, he had begun to withdraw from his social circle and had taken a vow of silence from his parents and possibly others.

After his arrival in Hawaii, Gumm checked into the Kauai Beach House Hostel and stayed there for two days. His last call was placed from the hostel on February 24, 2018. He has never been heard from again.

Gumm's family stated he frequented California from the age of seventeen, working odd jobs in Maine between trips west. He was in a band and wanted to be a professional musician. He had taken a trip to India and had done extensive research on religion and spiritualism, as well as healing herbs and natural supplements. Gumm was a vegan and did not use alcohol or drugs at the time of his disappearance. His parents think he may have sought out Buddhist or Hindu monks in Hawaii in order to become enlightened.

When Gumm traveled to Hawaii, he had only cash on him, and he has not withdrawn any money from his bank account since he went missing. The circumstances of his case are unclear.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This story was published in my local newspaper
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/29/a-young-north-berwick-man-flew-to-hawaii-and-vanished-was-that-the-plan-all-along/?fbclid=IwAR0Tan5j4gril7zYkXozhxc8XHGcKNBEBqumf23szfVleBZTGQGlOLQWFk
P
"The last time Sally McLaren and Ben Gumm saw their son, Alex, they dropped him off at a bus station in Dover, New Hampshire.
He didn’t say much of a goodbye. When McLaren tried to take his picture, he put his hand up to shield his face.

“Call us when you get there,” she said.

But he didn’t call.

Alex Gumm took the bus to Boston’s Logan Airport and then caught a plane to Lihue Airport in Kauai, the westernmost of Hawaii’s main islands.

For two nights, he stayed at a hostel on Kapa’a...
The next morning, Alex checked out of the hostel and called a taxi. It doesn’t appear that he was ever picked up.

He stopped using his phone. He stopped using his debit card. He vanished."

A new article but no new information that I could tell. However, I didn't watch the video of the friends. If anyone is interested and able would you post what happened with them?

Searching for Alex | A Maine man vanishes in Hawaii, his family wants answers, his friends go to search for him

My name is Ian, I'm the guy who coordinated the search for him.

Here is the article about what happened when we went there.

Searching for Alex | A Maine man vanishes in Hawaii, his family wants answers, his friends go to search for him | newscentermaine.com

Would love any help that anyone may be able to provide outside of what we have done.

Thanks,

Ian

Alex looks like a nice guy. I truly hope for the sake of his parents and other family that he is okay and decides to contact them to let them know.

I watched it.
Those boys, his friends put in a lot of effort to find him, with no luck.

Quite possible he's devoted himself to a monastery, as mentioned. The place they found would not talk to the boys, and just shooed them away.

Beautiful area, but very desolate and hard to reach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back