Found Alive HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

So it could have been him that was excited to see her for dinner. He could have been talking about himself? Ok.

I want to know what her phone shows. And did he call around? or were they just not that type of worried people? I mean he did say he felt something was wrong when she didn't come home that night.

It's confusing.

I also note that some people saw her in the forest that morning but someone else thinks they saw her on the road that afternoon, walking. That's interesting:

"There were also comments left by an area resident who indicated that she had seen someone with the same length and color hair as Amanda walking between mile marker 3 and 4 on Piʻiholo Road on Wednesday afternoon. “I was driving down and she was walking down on the left side of the road,” the witness wrote in a Facebook post during the live press conference feed. The witness said the woman pedestrian was not one of the usual neighborhood walkers."
    https://mauinow.com/2019/05/13/six-days-missing-where-could-amanda-eller-be/

If so, that makes me think again of the dissociative fugue type thing or just taking off and I;m wondering again if there were issues in the relationship? A stressor we didn't know about? Hidden depression? A trigger of some sort? Did she fall on the trail and sustain ahead injury that caused her to start wandering down the road?

Depending on where she parked - which I don't know - it could've been a half an hour to 40 minute walk from the reserve to between mile marker three and four. The place I marked is right after mile 3, but much before 4. If she could cross some land and if there are some roads not marked in between, it could have been minutes, actually, if she cut across some land with roads, from the preserve to Pi'iholo Road:

Google Maps

CoolJ, DancingMuse, otto and 3 others like this.
  2. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Well the one from Monday appears to have gotten lost intentionally...
    https://mauinow.com/2019/05/24/family-noah-kekai-mina-turned-to-nature-for-clarity/

DancingMuse, missingm, human and 3 others like this.
  3. unionrigger1038

unionrigger1038 Member

I never go hiking without telling my wife where I am going and when to call for help if I am not back based on the preplanned route I am going to climb or hike. I did a solo backpack to whitney peak 3 days. Drive there prep sleep start at 3:30 am hit base camp at 3:00 pm for two hours of dayliight before its dark to set up camp and eat gather water. 3:30 am begin ascent to top basecamp by noon car parking lot by 600 pm at the latest. If you dont hear from me by 7 im injured or dead and call the ranger. At red rock or mt charleston out here people dont watch the weather or take on icebox. Canyon in sandals and need sar to save them. These environments are serious, they are brutal and they dont care about whether you live or die. They deserve the utmost respect. The reality is the populace doesn't plan and is naive to the danger they put themselves in. When you push the limits the limits push back. That car data is gonna be the key. Kinda like a plane crash. Btw that girl in WA still missing a year later.

4. Momof4RN

All those people who thought they saw her turned out not to be once they release her video at store. In fact woman walking on street came forward to say it was her and not Amanda. So no eyewitness of her physically being there.

5. gitana1

Seems the same to me. Not a hard trail, depending if that's what she took. Some ugly roots. But looks well traveled and easy to follow. Probably lots of people there.

6. unionrigger1038

unionrigger1038 Member

DancingMuse, MerBeach and human like this.
  7. gitana1

But this is a six mile loop (I think) that people say families and dogs go on and she was quite familiar with. Not a solo, three day trek (man you're brave!!!), you know what I mean?

Ugh. If she got hurt, how long has it been? Can she still be alive without food or water?

CoolJ, DancingMuse, MerBeach and 3 others like this.
  8. gitana1

Even the people who thought they saw her on the road?

9. unionrigger1038

unionrigger1038 Member

Yeah i understand for sure. Its funny recently i discovered every time i say im gonna do this real quick in the woodshop i fo something stupid like cut myself with a chisel or something. My new rule is if you say real quick to yourself dont do it! Everyone on here is amazing! I wish i was there to search so exhaustive angle searching on here is the best i can do!

10. gitana1

You'd be the one to do it, with your experience. For all my hiking and running I;m scared to go more than a few hours out into the wilderness. I like hospitals nearby!!!

11. aegarner1

aegarner1 Well-Known Member

The terrain was to hard and they didn’t want volunteers hurt.

12. Momof4RN

That’s what was released. But I have no idea where to find that now i’m Pretty certain it was on FB page but can’t seem to find that info.

gitana1 likes this.
  13. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

Findamanda
    1 hr
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    The Family & Friends of Amanda Eller are offering a reward of up to $50,000 for Definitive Information regarding her disappearance and possible abduction from the Makawao Forest Reserve on May 8th 2019, and her current location.

[​IMG]

14. gitana1

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the yellow circle in the map, but they searched the living hell out of that preserve, and over and over again the 6 mile loop. We can also see her path from the shops to the preserve, which to me indicates she did not stop off at home before going? So I;m confused as to where she mailed the stuff for her mom.

Find Amanda

Click the X so you can see the searches on the map. They searched all over Pi'iholo Road as well. Extensive searches. Incredible. The six mile loop is near where it says "dirt mound" and indeed it looks like they extensively searched where she could have cut across form the loop to Pi'iholo Road.

I drove that road on google maps. Dreamy place.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    DancingMuse likes this.
  15. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

16. human

human Well-Known Member

Has a reward ever resulted in info?

I know with that killer in Florida, the woman who worked at McDonald’s had a heck of a time trying to get the reward. She finally got it

DancingMuse, MerBeach, otto and 2 others like this.
  17. gitana1

Oh, I believe he has been cleared. LE and her family has been pretty definitive about that. And I don;t blame him. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there's much I don't know about these two and their relationship and how it worked.

But how long he waited to report her missing does absolutely matter, IMO. For the reasons I stated.

18. gitana1

Dang. Scares me. I get claustrophobic fast.

What about the area she was hiking in?

DancingMuse likes this.
  19. gitana1

Ugh. Unless someone confesses something it seems it would be too easy to hide a body in the wilderness. She could never be found. Like Kyron Horman.

DancingMuse, MerBeach, Dre and 2 others like this.
  20. Momof4RN

That pic in the middle sure looks like she is looking at her phone and perhaps texting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.