Found Alive HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

<modsnip: quoted posts were removed>

https://mauinow.com/2019/05/15/missing-person-update-maui-police-respond-to-9-1-1-call-from-above-makawao-forest/
    https://mauinow.com/2019/05/15/a-week-missing-new-video-shows-amanda-eller-at-haiku-market/

911 Call Received From Above Makawao Forest on May 14, 2019:
    Maui police say they received a 9-1-1 call from an area above the Makawao Forest Reserve yesterday (Tuesdsay, May 14, 2019), about possible additional information relating to the investigation involving Amanda Eller. Maui Police Lt. Gregg Okamoto said police and fire personnel responded with a helicopter and rescue crew to search by air and foot. In addition, the Police Department brought in additional search dogs from Oʻahu to assist. Rescue crews made it up almost two miles above the Kahakapao Trail before turning around due to the loss of daylight on Tuesday night, May 14, 2019. The search resumed today (Wednesday, May 15, 2019) at first light. Police say the case is still classified as a Missing Person until information is received to indicate otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
  2. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

Is there any evidence that Amanda subscribed to metaphysical philosophy and spiritualism? Any indication that she did any fasting?

I followed another case where a woman went missing, she left on an early morning hike to go to watch the sunrise.
    It was later revealed that she had been doing a spiritual fast for 4 days. They suspect that she passed out at the top of the trail and died of blunt force trauma due to the fall.

Found Deceased - GUATEMALA - Catherine Shaw, 23, British backpacker, 4 March 2019

There have been record breaking temps in Hawaii. She could have reached a beautiful destination and passed out or fallen due to dehydration and weakness?

https://mauinow.com/2019/05/23/kahului-temperature-hits-record-for-fourth-time-in-five-days/

MOO

3. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread is open again.

Not even 2 pages of posts in this thread and we've already had to remove numerous rumor posts.

Don't bring rumors to WS or you may be subject to a thread reply ban.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  4. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Just wondering.
    Has the family made any requests to have Tim Miller come? His team did find Crystal McDowell when LE and searchers couldn't.
    Or do the police have to make such a request?

gitana1 and cass523 like this.
  5. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

from Tim's site:

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case. If the family requests our help, law enforcement MUST approve our assistance after the request is made by the family.

jash, Cardinal47, Traymar and 12 others like this.
  6. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

I know the family of Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, Mesquite, TX, has been waiting for the arrival of Tim Miller to help find their daughter. Prisma has been missing since April 17th. Or rather, I should say, they are hoping he can help.

TX - TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

jash, Traymar, DancingMuse and 7 others like this.
  7. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I just learned that Tim Miller was involved in the search for Maleah Davis, but that was suspended after 5 days so his team may be available now.

Texas EquuSearch still scouring for Maleah Davis, despite suspending activities

jash, Traymar, DancingMuse and 6 others like this.
  8. Sprockett7701

Sprockett7701 Well-Known Member

9. FindingJonRiley

FindingJonRiley Verified Insider - Jon Riley is my missing brother

KiKiD72, DancingMuse, human and 2 others like this.
  10. FindingJonRiley

FindingJonRiley Verified Insider - Jon Riley is my missing brother

Her phone isn’t empty. It doesn’t have GPS tracking apps.
    https://mauinow.com/2019/05/23/day-15-mpd-discloses-forensics-report-on-amanda-ellers-phone/

11. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Her car was still there. That tells me she never made it out of that forest. I believe she was assaulted and buried deep within the forest. She was smart and would not have put herself in harms way by falling, etc.

DancingMuse likes this.
  12. j_in_c

j_in_c Well-Known Member

As someone who has spent a lot of time outdoors, being smart doesn't protect you from an accident. As has been stated many times on this thread, being prepared can help, but there are no guarantees.

I hope LE is continuing to look at a possible foul play angle. But with the known public facts, her family and friends are doing the right thing by pushing to continue searching the forest reserve (IMO).

13. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I can assure you, the most prepared and skilled suffer tragic accidents outdoors.

Mother Nature while beautiful can be very unforgiving.

Although, I don't believe she would be ranked with skilled or prepared. Accidents still happen.

14. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

@gitana1 I can’t quote from last thread, but want to reply...

You run with KNIVES??? That’s kind of awesome! :D
    I used to run w/pepper spray until I forgot it was on my keychain & it was confiscated by TSA. :oops: Need to get a new one!

jash, Sunny123, crhedBngr and 9 others like this.
  15. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

i'm in the uk and run with nothing...headphones on.....thats it. only carry water for 7 miles upwards but don't have time for longer runs these days

key in leggings pocket

16. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

She’ll be hidden in plain sight. Not meaning anyone put her there. Still believing accident.

17. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 On Time Out

When I drive somewhere and go for a run I remove my car key from the other keys and pin it into the inside pocket of my shorts. My other keys are left in the vehicle.
    Once again we have some unfortunate wording in this article:

“There was no GPS track,” he said. “She wasn’t running any apps or GPS. All of her privacy settings had been turned off, so there was nothing on the phone.”

He didn't mean to say there was nothing on the phone or that she had no apps. People like to take words out of a sentence and use them out of context. He was speaking in terms of GPS. It's very clear. But folks are just running with it...

And in fact Sarah has walked back a few things she said. I can't find links, unfortunately. But this stuff about her phone being empty is just not true.

edit: oops, used incorrect name initially

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  18. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

He’s Houston-based and believe he uses his own horses. They would be not only be difficult to transport to Hawaii but might be subject to the 30-day quarantine law (assuming it applies to all animals). Otherwise a great idea, he does great work!

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't know. That video from YouTube is from 2016. I don't know how we can tell her mindset now.

Questions:

1. When she stopped at the store to buy stuff, what time was that?

2. She's not wearing running shoes. Did she have them in the car? Was that usual?

3. Was she's known to ever hike or run that side of the forest?

4. Had she told her boyfriend her plans to go for a hike/run and if not, is that unusual?

Finally, we have seen several cases of people who have walked off into a rural area and killed themselves. One was mentioned on here. Leanne Barden who died after a trip around the world with her husband. She was found weeks after she went missing and showed no signs of suicidal ideation. 'World Traveler' Woman Likely Committed Suicide

Another is a Linnea Lomax. She was a beautiful young woman whose body was found hanging (by her mother) in a tree, months after she went missing. Searchers searched for months and could not find her. She had abruptly deteriorated mentally and had walked away from a facility. Linnea Lomax's Mother Found Daughter Hanging From A Tree Near A Sacramento River | HuffPost

There have been many others who have taken pains to conceal their deaths from everyone and have walked off into the woods.

I don't know if that happened here but it's possible.

20. thomasn101

thomasn101 Member

Hey can you show me where it was confirmed her personal phone had nothing on it?

Thanks!

DancingMuse and human like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.