Found Alive HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

I'm sensing a book deal :cool:

/ fingers crossed

I want to know all the details!

jash, LadyL, Carja7 and 10 others like this.

2. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

I just woke up finding a text from my sister saying “Amanda Eller found alive!” Holy cow! I really thought this day would never come! Amazing! Welcome home Amanda!

jash, Traymar, TxMother67 and 10 others like this.
  3. Momof4RN

I love a happy ending!

4. Momof4RN

Omg! I just looked back and my last post was followed by she was found alive! I missed the news by 5 minutes when I fell asleep!
    So incredibly happy for her, her family, her boyfriend, her friends, and all the searchers out there! Thank you God for answering theirs and my prayers!

allboys, KiKiD72, gitana1 and 10 others like this.
  5. FindingJonRiley

FindingJonRiley Verified Insider - Jon Riley is my missing brother

Yes

6. Momof4RN

Just watched the video of them getting the news and it made me cry! Then watched the video of them in the hospital and made me laugh! Mr. Eller she’s a very lucky woman to have you for a daddy! You did good!

Sunny123, jash, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  7. FindingJonRiley

FindingJonRiley Verified Insider - Jon Riley is my missing brother

I haven’t read through all of the posts so I don’t know if it was previously mentioned ... but wanted people to know that Sarah H who worked so hard to find Amanda, lost her brother in 1981 to similar circumstances. Her brother went for a hike and vanished. My heart really broke for her when she underwent a lie detector test and was under suspicion bc she took such interest on finding Amanda. So great to see her in interviews now!!

Rural_PC, kimpage, Sunny123 and 30 others like this.
  8. Momof4RN

Yes there are a lot of people out there that owe both her and Ben mega apologies.

9. Alohaj

Alohaj Well-Known Member

Man, that is some mean infection! Over a week with no shoes, bug bites, contaminated water from streams (from animal feces), and walking on rough terrain. Might be staph.

I’m sure she’ll get good care, so glad she is safe and will be on the mend! Everyone on Maui is talking about it, I got 2 phone calls immediately and everyone is beyond relieved for her & her family!

jash, Traymar, HelpingHeart and 15 others like this.
  10. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Joyful Day!!!

Traymar, gitana1, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  11. Momof4RN

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Jca2930, jash, Traymar and 11 others like this.
  12. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

What a heartwarming picture!!! <3

Traymar, gitana1, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  13. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Thank God!

gitana1 and happyday like this.
  14. Alohaj

Alohaj Well-Known Member

The interviews on the MauiNow website are awesome, gives a good sense of the personalities of AE’s Dad, Javier, and Sarah, all very upbeat people. Sarah’s warmth I didn’t see in their initial press conference because it didn’t have good audio or video, but in her one on one in this interview on MauiNow her warm personality really comes through.

Chris Berquist lost his job because he would NOT stop searching and go back to work, now that’s some dedication. If I was ever lost I would want him looking for me! And I bet someone will offer him an awesome new job position!

What a truly happy hour ending : • ))))))

15. Lato

Lato Well-Known Member

Maui is a special place. I lived there when my children were young, and I worked at the hospital. The people from the island gave me such support....as
    I was many miles from home.
    Time to close the computer for a while. Prayers for all who were involved in
    finding Amanda.

16. Maljako

Maljako Well-Known Member

Just saw Sarah say this :eek: It would be great if Chris and Javier could get some of the reward money. They found her, after all, and they have put MASSIVE effort into this.

But oh my goodness, how amazing to get good news after such a long search. Amazing effort from the search team!

jash, KiKiD72, Traymar and 16 others like this.
  17. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

18. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Such great news. I'm happy, to say the least, she really did have the strength and ingenuity to stay alive for more than 2 weeks. No foul play, no bad guys in pick up trucks and white vans, genuine caring from people in her life. She was lost, and kudos to all those searchers who pressed on. What a story she (and they) have to tell.

cass523, jash, KiKiD72 and 16 others like this.
  19. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

I’m sure Amanda & Sarah will be Best Friends for life. You definitely want a Sarah in your corner.

20. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I‘m sooooo happy she was rescued! She was definitely out of the search area but they were pushing further out. They did not give up and kept their focus on the forest search.

Thank goodness they looked at other possibilities but remained level headed about what they did know and continued searching.

This was her private search team that found her. Those guys are incredible. Raise a glass to them!

I’m general, many people don’t realize that SAR volunteers are not paid, have full time jobs and many times use their vacation to cover search days.

The pictures being released are amazing. Amanda looks incredible! A little beat up, some skin issues but she will recover.

Big hugs to all, especially Sarah & Ben. I’ll say it again, Sarah is someone I would want on my team. Hold your head high!!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.