Found Alive HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

Doesn’t look like it to me as she doesn’t appear to have an ankle immobilized. However, may not be immobilized to allow access to her infected wounds.

Stripehaven, DancingMuse and human like this.

2. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

fractured tibia
    https://mauinow.com/2019/05/25/amanda-ellers-road-to-recovery-maui-hospital-press-conference/
    According to Dr. Bulatovic, Amanda has a fractured tibia that made it difficult to walk, and severe burns in her lower extremities from the sun. Doctors are also trying to get a skin infection under control as well as offering care for leg wounds.

3. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

This case has completely astonished me from the start. Not because of the people involved in this missing person case, but because of the public’s reaction to the personalities of Amanda/boyfriend/Sarah etc.

MOO but they all have done everything right in this situation and the outcome is a happy success story. Because some of the people involved may have a different personality or spiritual belief than others why is it justified to slander them?

I hope they can overcome this traumatic experience, as well as the undeserved negative comments from outsiders.

4. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

Those are scabs, not black Escher.

perfectingpink, DancingMuse and human like this.
  5. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

In your opinion.

In my opinion, they are black eschar and she's had to undergo debridement (painful), so those areas can start to heal. Eschar is common after burn injuries. Amanda's ankles and feet were severely burned from sun over exposure.
    Knowing the Difference Between Scabs and Eschar
    Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.47.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.34.58 PM.png

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    DancingMuse and FleurQualia like this.
  6. missingm

Black Escher is black. Not my opinion. Just fact. Those are scabs.

ETA: they are pretty big scabs, and she appears to have an infection, which is always serious and potentially deadly in itself. Black Escher is different.

perfectingpink, byo and DancingMuse like this.
  7. missingm

That interview didn't answer a lot for me. Sounds like she is saying she was on a jogging path, but the rest of the time she says she was hiking. Totally leaves out the heart / voices. She admits she was irresponsible, but sounds more defensive which could be a case of lawyers getting involved.

I wouldn't blame her as local first responders may be investigating or seeking reimbursements.

DancingMuse likes this.
  8. Gunslinging Granny

It's spelled eschar. With an "a". <modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2019
    yawningreyhound and DancingMuse like this.
  9. Gunslinging Granny

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.57.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.55.57 PM.png

10. FleurQualia

FleurQualia Searching Soul

Guys, do me a favor. If I ever go missing, and fortunately turn back up alive, never make a thread about me on WS. I would probably be traumatized, happy to be back with my family, and not want every bit of my words or experience picked apart just because my personality may rub some the wrong way. Thanks in advance.

11. human

human Well-Known Member

12. Gunslinging Granny

First responders and other government rescuers are not going to sue Amanda for reimbursement.

Hawaii still adheres to the free public service doctrine. This doctrine is built on the notion that a governmental entity may not recover costs of public services incurred responding to a tortfeasor’s act. Instead, these costs are presumed to have already been borne by the public as a whole through taxation, and to allow the collection of such costs would constitute double recovery for the governmental entity.
    First Responder Fees Claims Becoming Routine for Insurers

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  13. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Delete

14. FleurQualia

<modsnip>
    Mods already got onto them for tearing her apart for her conference, now they've moved on to debating whether her injuries were severe enough for their liking.

All the while, poor Maleah Davis' body has just been discovered today, 11 people were killed in Virginia Beach by a mass shooter a few hours ago, Abby and Libby's killer is still on the loose after 2 years, and there is a plethora of threads for the missing and unidentified in need of sleuthing.

Yet here we are. On the thread of a fortunate young woman miraculously found alive discussing if she was being too "defensive" in her apology, which quite frankly she didn't have to give to begin with, or if the injuries she sustained exist at all. I keep coming back because, by God, I'm a masochist and have the urge to defend Amanda because, whether people like it or want to accept it, she is a victim.

15. FleurQualia

ITA! I think it's time for this chapter to be closed. She is alive, but unfortunately there are others out there who are still missing.

kaen, DancingMuse, Eleven_11 and 2 others like this.
  16. Gunslinging Granny

DancingMuse likes this.
  17. missingm

I really love that approach actually. That's how I feel. :)

Eevee Pie likes this.
  18. missingm

No one is tearing into her. I think her press conference was authentic. Personally I think GG and I agree on many things. I just think that we need to get some facts straight. It seems like others agree. Unfortunately some people want to embellish the experience.

I just want to know some details on how she started off, to explain the dogs and other early search efforts. <modsnip: rumor>

Btw, I love Chris B and the family starting a joint venture.

19. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that is Chris Berquist's flip phone. She was not found in the same forest she got lost in. The area she was found in did have cell service.

20. Gunslinging Granny

FindAmanda FB page
    May 27
    Amanda is now in a wheelchair because of grueling medical procedures on her legs.
    Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.34.58 PM.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.