HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Well-Known Member

Reporter: no scent.

Scent info clear as mud:

The family believes she did make it to the forest because a dog did pick up her scent.

"The dogs followed her for some distance to an area they felt confident in, they have confidence in that that she made it that far to the park after that it gets a little less certain." said Eller.​

New developments in the search for missing Maui woman, Amanda Eller

2. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Hoping she is found alive and well and we are all wrong.

3. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

She was? I must have missed that. I thought they only saw her car leaving the post office but couldn’t tell who was driving it.

cass523, windrower, human and 3 others like this.
  4. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

*IF* this is Amanda's car, it appears to me that the driver is wearing a white tank top.
    Findamanda

Findamanda
    10 mins ·
    BREAKING NEWS/URGENT UPDATE.

AMANDA DROVE FROM HAIKU POST OFFICE TO HAIKU MARKET BY HERSELF. WE HAVE FOOTAGE OF AMANDA SHOPPING IN THE HAIKU MARKET AT 10:47AM. WE WILL RELEASE IMAGES SHORTLY, WHICH SHOWS THE OUTFIT SHE WAS WEARING. WE NEED SECURITY CAMERA FOOTAGE SHOWING IF SHE TURNED RIGHT OR LEFT OUTSIDE OF MARKET (TOWARD HOME OR TOWARD FOREST). IF YOU LIVE OR WORK ON THE ROUTE, PLEASE SAVE FOOTAGE IMMEDIATELY (TODAY IS THE 7TH DAY AND IT MAY RECORD/LOOP AT 1 WEEK). THEN PLEASE LOOK AFTER 10:47PM FOR FOOTAGE OF HER CAR DRIVING BY. IMAGE OF CAR LEAVING POST OFFICE ATTACHED. THIS IS THE CAR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BELOW.

WE NEED YOUR FOOTAGE!!! PLEASE SHARE IF YOU LIVE IN MAUI, ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN HAIKU OR MAKAWAO. CALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO LIVE ON TH ROUTE, SEE IF THEY HAVE FOOTAGE. RING DOORBELLS CAPTURE FOOTAGE 24 HOURS A DAY. WHO HAS A RING? HELP US FIND OUT. IF YOU HAVE FOOTAGE CALL POLICE & PLEASE ALSO TEXT OR CALL FAMILY REP AT 415-336-4591. PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO ASK QUESTIONS. WE ARE 100% DEDICATED TO FINDING FOOTAGE AND MUST KEEP THE LINE CLEAR

[​IMG]
    Findamanda

5. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

Update on the Find Amanda page- she is on video in her car by herself driving from the PO to Haiku Market.

She is on video shopping at the Haiku Market at 10:47 am.

They will release the images shortly on the Find Amanda facebook page.

You can see images of her car in the photos section.

6. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

So at 10:47 she was seen at the Haiku Market and her car was seen where it was found at noon that same day. This may have been asked, but how long would it have taken her to get to the forest area?

jash, cass523, human and 4 others like this.
  7. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Found 24 hours later-

IHAVENOCLUE, jash, cass523 and 3 others like this.
  8. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

I mapped it and it shows 20 minutes. I’m not from the area so not sure how accurate that is.

9. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

Went to PO. Went to market. Went to take a walk, (fell) maybe they could get drones out there and upload pics to crowd source.

10. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

It sounds like information is slowly coming in that will be very useful at establishing a valid timeline of events. I think the FB page is paying off and people/businesses are looking at what videos they have.

Didn't someone come forward (I believe) that also parked in the same lot that day, that looked through pics they had and her car was in the background? That would also be a timestamped bit of info that can be compared against this. Hopefully they can keep building from this timeline.

I honestly think she planned (or it was spur of the moment) a hike/run and set out on foot from that parking lot.

11. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

Yes, found the next day, but seen the same day at noon. I believe it said by a fire chief or something?

Curiousobserver likes this.
  12. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

It would be helpful if someone familiar with the area to post a map identifying the home, PO, market, and park where car was found.

Jackielee09 likes this.
  13. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

If this info is accurate and the Fire Chief recalls her car there the same day at 12pm. It's reasonable to assume from her post office and market run in the late 10am hour, that she didn't have much time to stop at home or go somewhere else. That her next stop was likely the park.

Did they ever say if she usually carried a backpack? I wonder if she stopped at the market to grab some food that she would later have on the trail while taking a break?

14. Jackielee09

Knowing what she bought would be nice to know.

15. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

I saw a response from the FindAmanda page that said she did not have a backpack. This was after someone thought they may have spotted her on a nearby road and said the person they saw had on a backpack.

IHAVENOCLUE, jash, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  16. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

@Jackielee09 Yes, I agree.

If she bought a cart full of fresh groceries and they aren't in her car or at home - that's a big deal.

If she bought a few items that could be for her hike, that's way less alarming.

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

That would work, right? She decided to go for a hike maybe spontaneously or that morning and did not go back home first, so she would stop at the market to get a drink and a snack. Then go to parking area for her hike with what she needed. How much she bought might indicate how long she was planning to be out hiking that day. And of course, if she was planning to go hike. JMO

18. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

I'm not in the area but have been studying maps of the area. Here's an interactive map of the shopping mall to the parking lot.

By the way, something I find quite strange is that the boyfriend said he felt Amanda was located to the Northeast of the parking lot but the hiking trails are all to the South. Makes zero sense.

edit: And since a previous post of mine mentioning the boyfriend was deleted, I think I should clarify that I do not suspect the boyfriend at all. She was driving around while he was at work. I don't get why folks are so hung up on the fact that he didn't report her missing until morning. He's weird. So what?

Google Maps

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Ragnarok likes this.
  19. Jackielee09

Like looking for a needle in a forest

IHAVENOCLUE, human and KatzEye like this.
  20. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

If she was a yoga instructor and liked to meditate, would she likely want to position herself on a high ledge that had a beautiful overlook? Did she tend to go off trail and explore? How was her sense of direction? What would she likely do if lost - stay put - keep moving? So many questions on likely behavior that I'm sure SAR asked family/friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.