ú

HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

I find his wideyedness odd. He's portrayed as a bit of an introvert, too. Then my mind went to well, maybe he's had a hit or two--you know, for nerves--then I wondered if a hit or two would help him pass a poly....I'm just still so stymied about the gap between store video and car sighting. Did she head home with her purchases, pack the gift, return to the PO, then the Park? Did she pack the gift in her car, mail it, and go straight from PO to Park? Was the car planted? Gosh I hope they swept the car for prints and matched up all the players around Amanda that day.

2. Moxie_McTavish

Moxie_McTavish Well-Known Member

That's where I live too. :)
    It's entirely possible to live on Maui and never have any contact with meth or its abusers. North of Lahaina, the communities of Kaanapali, Honokowai, Kahana, Napili, and Kapalua, are all amazing places to live, and I feel blessed to reside here. There's a lot less crystal meth here than there is in areas on the north side of the island IMO, and the "energy" (for lack of a better word) here just feels a lot more stable.
    However, if your brother follows Maui news, he should be aware that there's a meth problem on the island.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  3. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

I was going to say almost the same thing. Not saying he’s involved, but I don’t know how he stays so calm and relaxed. I know people are different. I would be stressed out and so nervous and cry. But maybe because he also practices mindfulness, he can stay more calm? Idk.

4. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

He has been publicly cleared by the police.

They mentioned at the PC that they cleared him.

cass523, Cortne, otto and 5 others like this.
  5. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

I still have a gut feeling she’s not in that forest and everything was staged. If it’s a 20-30 min drive to the forest and her car wasn’t seen till 12:15 and no one places her at the forest that still means she could have gone home or somewhere else been taken and someone else parked her car there. The police didn’t really want to elaborate on the scent the dogs picked up and then lost. Have to wonder if that was done intentionally to make it look like she was there. I do think the police know more than they are saying. I also think if it was an accident she would have been found by now. Even if she went there for a quick run it doesn’t Appear that she was dressed, prepped, and ready for a full day of hiking deep in the forest. Her water was even in the car. And the police are careful to say the boyfriend is cleared “at this time”. That doesn’t mean he’s completely off the hook. Hope i’m Wrong and still hoping she’s there and ok but I just have this feeling she’s no where near there.JMO

6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Welcome to WebSleuths @Hope2001 :)
    Good job sleuthing. Seems that body is not related to Amanda (sad for whoever it is) as others have posted here (male and on Oahu). It's always good to keep eyes and ears open for news. Thanks for contributing.

7. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

There are no versions of this where Amanda comes out OK unfortunately. People have said that water was too muddy to swim, but she may not have known that. People have said she wasn't dressed to run but she may have had shoes in her car. She may not have planned to run at all and just walked to her destination. Its seems odd that she would not be located but it also seems to be much more difficult to find people than most of realize. I am shocked by how often smart professional people walk right by missing people in many other cases where the terrain and foliage was much less challenging: Example, the missing 22 month old who was 1800 feet from his home and it too 36 hours to find him, and he was alive and crying out for help. An accident is the statistically most likely thing but of course I hope everyone looks out for any evidence to the contrary.

8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Respectfully disagree with much of this. Seeing her car around noon does not indicate it wasn't there earlier...just not seen. Also she changed from her flip flops into her hiking/running shoes and left the flip flops in the car. Could be she was only taking a short run or walk, maybe checking out some different trails, and planned to rehydrate after returning to the car, or even that she had a smaller water bottle with her. I doubt she planned a full day in that she didn't start until after she ran some errands that morning.

That she hasn't been found is also not proof that she is not there. Seems to be many steep and slippery areas, where searchers need technical training to get down into. It's still quite possible for her to be there, to have fallen and not yet located, deep down in a ravine or even in the massive cover of plant life.

Who would stage this and how would they get back from the trails if they left her car there. Now it's a conspiracy involving more than 1 person? Her BF has been cleared as per press release statement from MPD. I bet he's been thoroughly checked for alibi, motive, opportunity, means, etc. If she met with foul play, I'd believe it was a random misfortune rather than a planned event by people close to her.

JMO

cass523, j_in_c, La Louve and 9 others like this.
  9. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

I agree. Her running shoes were gone which to me indicates she was going on a run—not a big hike. I run and hike on CO trails all the time & they are two very different activities. I take nothing but my phone on runs and I look like a Sherpa with all my gear on hikes!

10. iluvmua

Who would stage this?

If the police have cleared him than that is good enough for me.

LietKynes, Cortne, happyday and 5 others like this.
  11. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

I agree. There were 3 groups of people who reported seeing someone who only looked like her in the morning yet no one saw her in the afternoon when she supposedly would have been there.

Tallulah. Lakkey and LietKynes like this.
  12. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

I thought the FindAmanda page determined those sightings were another woman, not Amanda.

13. iluvmua

That is what they said. The person who thought they saw Amanda was not her, only someone who looked like her.

But there were 4 people ( a couple hiking, man with 2 dogs and another man) who were there at hiking trails at the time and LE would like to speak with them.

14. missingm

His pupils actually look pretty dialated for someone looking into a bright light. And I thought it was strange he needed to take a sip of his drink so quickly after finishing. Not that drug use would be an indicator of any guilt.

15. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Remember, she supposedly took a less traveled trail (pig hunting area) than the main loop trail area. Possibly whatever happened to her, happened right away and no one was witness to her being on the trail, either due to that or to that fewer hikers choose that direction. JMO

HulaMum, happyday and Mistree like this.
  16. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Yes but that would mean she wouldn’t have been far from her car and in an area that has been thoroughly searched by hundreds of people, dogs and detection equipment. I’m just personally having a hard time overlooking lots of unusual behavior and details to get to this was a freak accident that happened to hide her so well she can’t be found or she just vanished. JMO

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

True. There is a bit of a mystery about it all. If she was killed though, I'd still be on the side of some random attack on the trail. Body hidden...though where? And how to move her to a hidden location? Slipping and falling seems the most logical option, but then that's not always how things turn out. Finding her is what needs to happen, to solve the mystery. JMO

KatzEye, happyday and Dre like this.
  18. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

IMO it would be extremely easy to hide her in that dense forest and vegetation. They need to bring in cadaver dogs.

MerBeach, Cortne, Mistree and 2 others like this.
  19. missingm

Staging would likely implicate someone who knew her, like a friend or client. Or to hide some other connection.

realanastasia, Mistree and happyday like this.
  20. Maljako

Maljako Active Member

Many details are eerily similar to a case I followed a few years ago. That turned out to be suicide but it took a month to find her in a popular nature reserve that gets plenty of visitors. I'm not saying this will turn out the same way, but I think someone successfully attacking Eller, disposing of her body and bringing her car somewhere she never went, all of this in the middle of the day in a space of a couple of hours, is much less likely than searchers missing her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.