GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Link on Findamanda from yesterday's search talks about dogs being called in now, professional dogs. Not sure if there are details about the dog that lost a scent though. Worth a read. See link above and in many posts here.

jash, realanastasia, cass523 and 2 others like this.
  2. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

Solid points. And I agree on all of them, hahaha!

The car key "under the tire", purse in the car; suggests one of two obvious things to me.

1) she typically does this when she runs/hikes so she doesn't lose it. So something happened to her once she left the car: lost, accident, abducted, or attacked.
    2) someone staged the car scene to look like she went off on the trail, when something happened to her before she arrived. This would be premeditated and involve coverup planning. The most likely person to do this wears a button up cardigan does not appear to be a suspect.

The first scenario seems like a much higher likelihood.

On such a short loop trail, getting lost seems difficult since the rugged terrain along the string of North-South parallel streams/valleys along would discourage lateral movement.

If it was an accident, I would expect her to have been found- they would look on the downward slope of the trail. There would be a limited number of places to search on a"moderate" trail.

Abducted or attacked? Possible and I don't think she is in the park anymore, as she hasn't been found. Not to be graphic, but 9 days in the heat would lead to odorous decomposition.

Which leads me to think that it might be most likely she was attacked shortly after she left the key (or returning to her car after hiking) and taken away, since this doesn't involve bringing her down the trail to take her away. Maybe another person with a vehicle in the parking lot. Amanda's scent could be picked up by search dogs and quickly lost, since the scent trail didn't go anywhere.

3. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

On the Find Amanda facebook page they stated that she typically leaves her car key on her tire hidden.

cass523, The Night Watchman and Dre like this.
  4. otto

otto Verified Expert

That is one messy map! When I opened the link, it actually just showed the original map. The map through the facebook page is very confusing. Maybe the colors correspond to search teams.

upload_2019-5-17_11-54-6.png

cass523, zecats and Dre like this.
  5. iluvmua

Does the parking lot have cameras?

6. Canadianmom2three

Canadianmom2three Active Member

I think each time someone uses GPS to search they can choose a color that will track them? Just a guess. So each color is a new GPS entry is my guess.

cass523, KatzEye, zecats and 2 others like this.
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Elizabeth Smart's dad was quite similar.

8. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

How in the heck do you hide a car key under a tire? I can't figure that one out. Just catching up but that caught my eye. Another thing. If I was going jogging all alone I would surely take my cell phone with me. I know there is not service out in the woods but who knows maybe if I was lost that could be my last hope. A ping, a satellite signal. Anything.
    Also seems like quite a bit of time passed before she was even noticed missing???
    These are my first impressions. I need to go way back and catch up more.

The Night Watchman and cass523 like this.
  9. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

On a desktop computer you can click on the various tracks and it tells you what they are. Each track just represents a search route that somebody took and uploaded. (Thanks for the link, by the way, I didn't realize this existed.)

10. Toodles5000

Toodles5000 Active Member

Not under the tire - rather, on top of the tire. I know that this is a common method that surfers use so that they don't have to take their keys with them.

realanastasia, cass523, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  11. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

The dogs lost her scent pretty quickly. Where on the start of the trail or in the parking lot? That would mean she did not hike, but was apprehended. Am I wrong??

12. human

human Well-Known Member

I am curious. If your loved on was not home, say by 2:00 AM would you think it is no big deal?

13. iluvmua

Reading the comments under the Findamanda topic of the PC leads me to believe she was accosted in the parking lot.

14. iluvmua

I don't know but the bf has been publicly cleared by the police.

kay74, Dre and yawningreyhound like this.
  15. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

They should look for those vehicles that were parked there. Get the description and look. At least these people could tell you if they saw her or if one of the vehicle owners, they talk to, seems uncooperative, question that person!! I'm beginning to wonder if she made it to the trail to hike.

cass523, KatzEye and Dre like this.
  16. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

So, in the interest of trying to clear the BF a little further in my mind, I searched a few photos of Amanda and found this. Do you guys think BF has the odd stance in his eyes because he's trying to minimize his lazy eye? Just a thought. And further searching images, it kinda looks like they had matching right eyes. Interesting. I keep refreshing my 'net hoping the headline comes up Found Alive.

Attached Files:

cass523 and Simply Caustic like this.
  17. iluvmua

Go read the comments under the PC topic on the Findamanda facebook page.

18. iluvmua

The boyfrin
    It doesn't matter because LE said at the PC that they cleared him.

They also mentioned that he took a polygraph test and passed.

Suglo likes this.
  19. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

He seems to have done everything right. He took a poly and let them search everything in their apartment to take the looking off of him and focus on searching for Amanda.

20. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Someone on FB said there was a blue pickup truck seen near her at either the P.O. or the market and then again parked next to her at the forest parking lot. They need to look for this. The areas can't be that big to look for it. Put it in the paper and tell people to look. Might be nothing but you never know till you check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.