HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_mar

T_mar Well-Known Member

I can’t view comments unless I’ve got a Facebook account. Anything you can say on here that’s allowed?

2. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Has anyone given thought to she disappeared on purpose? Whether by self harm or she just doesn't care?

I certainly don't know Amanda but her situation depresses the heck out of me. And by situation I mean.....living so far from family.....living with a man who is .......very different. Was money tight?
    Was she really happy? Was it possible she and the bf had a huge fight before she disappeared? (That would explain why he may not have called le earlier.
    Maybe he thought she was cooling off and he was giving her space.)

Maybe that's the angle LE needs to consider as well as all the other possibilities.

jash, puakenikeni, Maljako and 5 others like this.
  3. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Where did you get she was money tight? Please post supporting quote. She owned her own practice, just bought a new home, driving a nice car, and wearing high end workout clothes. No indication to me she was tight on money.

4. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

it's certainly worth considering. it just seems (to me, personally) that if she is the type that is thoughtful enough to buy and send her mom a mother's day gift basket, and even note it in her calendar to make sure she doesn't forget to mail it on time, then surely she is the type to never make her mom or loved ones worry about her in this fashion. MOO.

5. Mistree

Mistree Well-Known Member

Yes, along with other options as well.
    Such an odd case.

Razz and HulaMum like this.
  6. unionrigger1038

unionrigger1038 Member

Has there been a professionally trained mantracker as part of the search team? Is that why the police are ruling out foul play? They are able to see things in the geography that the untrained eye doesn't see. Also, have any of the people whose vehicles were mentioned as being at the trailhead come forward? I know a previous comment mentioned parking in the lower trail lot and then possibly walking or hitching a ride to the upper parking lot to finish her run where she parked. I know I personally do this when downhill mtn. biking or hiking. Its not uncommon to put your bike in the back of the truck of another mtn biker you don't know that you just link up with for the day to get a ride back to the top. Anyway, been following daily and hope she is found. What a terrible situation. Hope they find her soon.

7. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Living in an island paradise, in a world where you can talk for hours with family, any time you want, as part of your basic phone bill.

Living with the man you live, with no signs of discord. (Lots of people love other people who seem strange to me.)

No signs of money trouble.

However, this all being said, many people commit suicide for no discernible reason. It always has to be taken into consideration.

8. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Razz posted it as a question, not as fact. Big difference.

9. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 On Time Out

This is a touchy subject, unfortunately. Most people do not understand suicide and feel you are disparaging the missing person just by mentioning it as a possibility.

It's always among my leading theories because it happens far more often than people realize. It doesn't matter how lovely her life seems to us, depressed people are depressed no matter what. And if there were signs it often doesn't get mentioned by friends and family because of the stigma involved. Friends and family do not want people to know, and when a death is ruled a suicide there is often a backlash. Take the Rita Maze case as a prime example.

I feel at this point we have no strong indication of anything. Accident, foul play, and suicide are all still very much possibilities. As time goes on without them finding her I'm leaning more towards foul play, but there have been many cases where it has taken longer than this to find someone who went missing in the woods and was there the whole time, having had an accident.

10. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

This is where I am in my thinking today. She had her flip flops on at the store. Left them in car after changing into hiking shoes. I feel like if foul play is involved then it most likely happened as she was getting out or very shortly after she left her vehicle.

But I am still hanging onto hope that she’s in that forest waiting for help. Sigh.

Traymar, jash, sassyblue and 6 others like this.
  11. Bat Girl

Bat Girl Member

Her neighbor saw her leave around 8:30.

cpeacock1 and Elsa Johanssen like this.
  12. Astro71

Findamanda

It’s a public page. You should be able to see without an account?

However, I don’t see any family comments.

cryscrys likes this.
  13. thomasn101

thomasn101 Member

They asked was money tight? A lot of time people having new things and making payments can be stressful, and being money tight for example has A LOT of different meanings from person to person. But again, they seemed to be questioning what I would consider realistic possibilities

14. rk23

rk23 Member

I know that if I want my phone to remind me to do something, I have to assign a time to it. In fact, I have "return jacket" on my schedule at 7:00pm last Thursday, not because I wanted to go at that exact time but because I wanted to prompt myself to find the receipt when I got home from work. If Amanda wanted to remind herself to be sure to go to the post office in the morning, that's exactly how I would have done it.

15. Tallulah. Lakkey

Tallulah. Lakkey Well-Known Member

For anyone who's ever worked with tracking dogs, how does it affect them searching out the person they're looking for, if another person is playing with them and rubbing all over them just before they go to look? Does it cause confusion with their senses or does it make no difference at all?

Hann likes this.
  16. Astro71

In my brief experience with a missing person the dog will be given an article that belonged to the missing person to track. That is what they will be focused on. If you’re referring to the video on FB where people are petting the dogs at the base of the search, then no. It doesn’t make a difference.

17. Tallulah. Lakkey

Tallulah. Lakkey Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I did not know it was at the base of the search (which I assume you mean is the end of the search) it didn't state that which is why I asked.

Astro71 likes this.
  18. mikeymagee

mikeymagee New Member

I think any and all of that could be included. People can appear to have wealth only to be living off credit. We don’t know.

I agree in that I think that LE should be looking at all avenues.

happyday, KiKiD72, La Louve and 2 others like this.
  19. otto

otto Verified Expert

These are some of the maps I found:

This is the marked and official hiking trail, speculation is that she was on a hunting trail

upload_2019-5-20_11-50-55.png

upload_2019-5-20_11-51-12.png

These are the two parking lots, as far as I can tell. She would have parked at the top lot.

upload_2019-5-20_11-51-39.png

upload_2019-5-20_11-56-31.png

This location for the hunting trail is an assumption based on some of the findamanda search trails

upload_2019-5-20_11-52-16.png

This is a screen shot of the findamanda search trails overlay on the hunting map. The black line is definitely a hunting boundary, I'm guessing that the colored lines are completed searches

upload_2019-5-20_11-53-42.png

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    sassyblue, Stella8, zecats and 2 others like this.
  20. Elsa Johanssen

Elsa Johanssen Forensic Astrologer

I think that in general, if you did it one time, you would do it for many things. So police might look at other times Amanda would have added a menial task to her calendar in the past. If she did, it might make it seem less odd. So that would be interesting to know. But in general I think they need to look inside her home first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.