HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

Do you have a source you can post?

human likes this.
  2. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to think the specific time of 10am doesn't hold a lot of relevance. I think you need to choose a "time" for the "reminder" to alarm or beep or whatever it does to remind you of the event. Meaning she probably meant to be reminded of the need to mail the package THAT DAY, not necessarily AT 10am. Hope that makes sense...

Traymar, altissima, human and 6 others like this.
  3. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

This! So much. A service called Google Timeline will literally track the phone minute by minute. It be able to tell if she took the phone from the drivers seat to the passenger seat. If she has google services on her phone, then all they would need is her username and password to look up this info online!! They would know exactly where she went from 730am to 10am and when exactly she made it to the hike and if she made any stops a long the way. I feel like Police and even the FBI don't know about this service sometimes as it is not highly publicized because people don't like that there every move is tracked.

You can see for your self here

Also you could delete, wipe, and destroy the phone and this info would still be there up to that point.

human, windrower, scarletstar and 4 others like this.
  4. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Now that that has been mentioned by her friends, I hope they start finding new hiding spaces for their keys! ;)

Traymar, human, windrower and 3 others like this.
  5. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

You can turn off Google Timeline.

And they're not necessarily going to tell us when they tracked her phone or what they found. I'm sure it's been done by now.

6. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the police, especially the FBI, know about these services.

Traymar, shelbsmom1, Maljako and 18 others like this.
  7. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

It happens. Look up the Jennifer Huston case. Missing Jennifer Huston killed herself near SUV and left suicide note for family | Daily Mail Online
    "Our hearts ache today. We have lost our first born child. We have lost a wife and a mother. We don’t know what lead Jennifer to this dark place and to this end and perhaps never will understand this,’ said the Huston family in a statement.

The 38-year-old had last been seen taking cash out at a bank, filling up her car with gas and then buying snacks and non-lethal sleeping pills at a Rite Aid in nearby Newberg around 6.22pm on July 24. An autopsy carried out on the body of a missing Oregon mother of two found dead on Tuesday morning has listed her cause of death as suicide.

Traymar, La Louve, human and 3 others like this.
  8. MauiCare

MauiCare Well-Known Member

During the May 16, 2019 police press conference these were Detective Dennis Clifton’s words:

“As far as we know she had no plans for that day. Nothing in her phone. Nothing in her calendar.”

(part of answer that begins at 22:30)

On a May 14, 2019 FindAmanda post it says:

"However, we have just gotten ahold of Amanda’s work calendar. She had scheduled “post office” For 10 AM Wednesday, May 8. We are confident she planned to send a package at the right day and time to make sure it arrived her mothers house for Mother’s Day. There was nothing else scheduled on this day.”

Direct link to that MAy 14th post:
    Findamanda

jash, human, windrower and 2 others like this.
  9. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I agree but I think if they found any information regarding her location before her car arriving at the forest they might be extending their search and those living and following the case would surely note that on SM.

human likes this.
  10. msnewzealand

msnewzealand Member

From the Facebook group regarding the no contacts in her phone. I have to run out sorry if I do this wrong! It's in the pinned post

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      371.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      351.7 KB
      Views:
    jash, human and Mistree like this.
  11. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Thanks it worked. But who is that person? Where r they getting their info? I just don’t think i’d Consider that verified information. Sounds more rumor to me.

human and erk like this.
  12. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

(deleted request for info)

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  13. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Why is it so quiet on the FB page today? Not a single post which is so unusual. There have been daily posts starting first thing in the am until today.

Traymar, jash, MerBeach and 5 others like this.
  14. puakenikeni

puakenikeni Well-Known Member

Yes, and the actual context was explaining why they immediately did full crime scene processing on her car and had it towed to do that.
    Clearly (to me) they didn’t want people to fixate on the foul play angle and calmed it down with the unplugged comment, whether it made complete sense or not, it redirected the focus somewhat.

Then they say, well, if she’s not found in the forest, CID has done work on it, so they’ll be able to pursue that because they preserved the evidence (but maybe not her laptop computer?).

Seems to me LE was covering the bases properly, and probably doing more. They canvasses Haiku for camera footage of that morning, which would have no bearing really on locating a hiker who had a fall in the forest reserve.

human, SaintGirl, CoolJ and 3 others like this.
  15. puakenikeni

Maybe, or maybe the other shoes are missing because they got “damaged” by foul play.
    Nobody knows if she herself was ever there, if she changed the shoes. What is known is she wore those flip flops to the store in Haiku, and Thursday they are in her abandoned car, and Ben reports that her running shoes are not in their home.

human, KatzEye and brookesmith like this.
  16. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

Question for people familiar with the park and trails where Amanda's vehicle was located. Are there streams significant enough to carry someone away due to normal flow or swollen from rain? Thanks.

human, Suglo, Dre and 1 other person like this.
  17. brookesmith

brookesmith Well-Known Member

Didn't the video of her in the store come from Sarah? I believe she went to local stores and requested video. I can't find a time stamp on it, but it may be there.

This paragraph is unrelated, but has always seemed off to me.

'At approximately 12:12 p.m. on Wednesday, May 8, 2019, police say Amanda’s Toyota Rav4, license plate number LEZ110 was observed within the gravel parking lot near the “Hunter’s Trail” at the Makawao Forest Reserve by off duty Maui Fire Department personnel, who had gone for a hike.'

https://mauinow.com/2019/05/19/boyfriend-of-missing-maui-woman-asks-for-prayers/

human, Dre and puakenikeni like this.
  18. puakenikeni

But it didn’t arrive for Mother’s Day. The report of its arrival said Monday. The parents had no word of what it contained yet when they did the first press in Hawaii, because it was opened next day.
    Maybe it didn’t matter to Amanda with her parents on vacation, or maybe she miscalculated the travel time, or the postal service was a day slow.

human and Dre like this.
  19. puakenikeni

So as of right now, we have no source for the neighbor seeing Amanda leave the house Wednesday, or stating her car was there until a certain time? It likely doesn’t matter because of the Haiku Store video, but we should be careful what we repeat or just state we don’t remember the source.

Mizzamzz, Dre and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  20. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

scroll and roll if you have already answered this but I'mma ask anyway: she had 2 phones now? A work phone and a personal phone? and both were found? her personal one in her purse and the work one where? at work? (PO calendar entry was on her work phone?)

Dre and Mistree like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.