HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

They already searched her home and found nothing suspicious.

2. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

Still no update on the Facebook page for today. I did get sucked into the hundreds of comments and my head hurts.

Where are you, Amanda?!

3. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

I remember reading it on the Findamanda Facebook page.

whitelilac and Mistree like this.
  4. tigerteeth

tigerteeth Well-Known Member

True, but a lot of people just don’t do that. My cousin once left her car unlocked and running with her purse in it in my state’s biggest city because “it was only for two minutes”. Her purse was stolen.

HaikuMommy and HelpingHeart like this.
  5. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Unless she was abducted just as she was about to head out: I simply see nothing nefarious

I also don't understand the obsession @ the post office: it's Hawaii, things don't go as fast as the mainland, & it may be common knowledge you need to get your parcel there before 10. It's also possible, considering she had previously going to spend time with a friend that day: she made a note to get that parcel off before she was busy the rest of the day.

Please keep in mind there is a bit of a time difference in Hawaii - as of right now, it's only noon there....

Anyone who has been on those wet, rainforest trails knows: it can be super slick, leaves on the ground, roots of trees everywhere - you have to watch your step. Any kind of incline can spell disaster. Just a fact in that type of terrain

songbrd, human, j_in_c and 8 others like this.
  6. puakenikeni

puakenikeni Well-Known Member

I would agree that MPD doesn’t like to do media press. They did one on the “two missing women” and public concern about missing women during the Carly Scott and Mo Monsalves investigations.

I’m pretty sure they did one when Charli was declared a homicide victim.

They did not do updates regularly.
    Certain evidence was never released to the public pre-trial: cell phone forensics, DNA results, other pathology, details of found clothing, what they had learned from the ex in interviews, whether he passed or failed the polygraph, what they got from camera footage, forensics on her truck and his, and more.

The only story out there about what happened that night was from an interview that Capobianco did with Mileka Lincoln. Much of his story was lies, but they stuck in people’s heads because no other story was out there.

Some really weird details came out in pre-trial motions submitted that the press summarized for the public, in a whole year.

Do not expect MPD to release where her phone or car went, but do pay attention to their requests for information relating to locations, or any search warrants they file and execute.

7. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

Probably no update because the trolls on that page are awful. The family put out a statement asking to basically back off the BF and the girl Sarah running the page and that’s all that seems to be going on. I wouldn’t post updates for their benefit either, only if it helped with the search and public help was needed.

At least I hope that’s the reason and bad news isn’t about to come.

Mizzamzz, Astro71, KiKiD72 and 5 others like this.
  8. tigerteeth

tigerteeth Well-Known Member

So she could be somewhere else or in the forest.
    If she is alive out there, would she be passed out and that’s why she’s not responding to yells for her or yelling for help? Too far in to hear yells for her? Amnesia?
    If not alive, in these temps/this location, how long before “smell” like someone mentioned? I wonder how much water would effect that if she’s in water. Sorry to go there but just thinking of the multiple possibilities and when clues would become more obvious if she was in the woods.
    Luckily, I have read with the amount of water there she could stay alive for a long time if hurt, etc.

Nerissa and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  9. erk

erk Member

I've been trying to hold off posting my theories but I don't see how this can be anything but foul play. Unless some total freak accident happened like a tree fell on her. So many people have visited the forest lately but she is the only one I'm aware of who is missing. She's in shape, she's intelligent. I know accidents can happen but I'm skeptical. It really bothers me that her valuables were left out in the open. I've often run in my local forests without my phone or water (I hide them in the trunk), but I always take my key fob as cumbersome as it is. I'm hoping the lack of updates on the FB page means some lead is being pursued and they aren't ready to share details yet. I tend to believe the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, but at this point we just don't have much to go on, and there are a lot of questionable details surrounding the mystery. I've never been to Hawaii but I'm traveling to Maui in a few weeks which is how I first heard about this case. If I was there now I would be out there searching even if I had to take more time off work.

Traymar, jash, T_mar and 8 others like this.
  10. Xxxx83

Xxxx83 Active Member

The FB page has more deleted posts than I've ever seen. I know it's against the rules for me to state it, but the opinion of the locals is worth a listen.

Traymar, jash, bkgregg5 and 7 others like this.
  11. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I have to ask (sorry).

Locals: would there be any legitimate concerns that if a person did die in that preserve of them being consumed by the wild pigs?

jash, wary, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  12. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

But possibly she has more than 1 pair. Maybe the ones in her car were just another pair since she lives in Maui.

13. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

New update on the facebook page, request for doorbell camera footage

jash, Hazelnutty, Momof4RN and 3 others like this.
  14. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

From findamanda FB page:

URGENT: EXPANDED REQUEST FOR FOOTAGE FACING THE STREET ON MAY 8 FROM 5AM-8PM.

* SEE NEW ZONES/STREETS BELOW.

* RING DOORBELLS CAPTURE FOOTAGE 24 HOUS A DAY (even if you only get short clips, they have it all. we just need your permission for them to send us your footage)

* ANY ALL SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE NEEDED.

Letter from the family...

Aloha -

We are the parents of Amanda Eller writing to her beloved community for your assistance:

• DO YOU HAVE SECURITY FOOTAGE OR A RING DOORBELL THAT FACES STREET? (in your home or workplace)

• IF SO WOULD YOU PLEASE QUICKLY SAVE ALL DAY MAY 8TH, FROM 6AM-8PM (BEFORE IT ERASES), THEN CONTACT US?

While we continue to search the forest, we are covering all possibilities by looking for surveillance footage/pictures of vehicles coming in and out of the area.

We are especially focused on the following areas:

• Coming in & out of Makawao from all directions, allm access roads
    • the streets between Haiku and Makawao
    • the streets between Pukalani and Makawao
    • the streets between Paia and Makawao
    • the streets between Olinda and Makawao

These are the specific Access Roads, Streets and Avenues we are especially seeking:

• Piiholo Road
    • Kaupakalua Road
    • Makawao Avenue
    • Kokomo Road
    • Baldwin Avenue
    • Olinda Road
    • Hana Highway from Huelo to Kahului

REMEMBER TO SAVE FOOTAGE FIRST, CALL US AFTERWARD.

We can come see it, or we can send the police over- whichever you prefer. You may also load the file online if you prefer no one comes to your home. Or drop it to us at any location of your choosing.

IF YOU HAVE FOOTAGE, please caller or text 415-336-4591 (this # for footage only please). Or you may call the Maui Police Department at 808-244-6421. The family appreciates being aware of all footage, so please use the 415 # as well.

Mahalo for your continued support to find our daughter, Amanda Eller. We see why she loved Maui so much, the outpouring of love & support has been unbelievable.

~ John & Julia Eller

mspepper, Traymar, La Louve and 15 others like this.
  15. LadyLexx

LadyLexx Member

I just have to add that I frequently hike or run and always leave my valuables in the car and my car unlocked with keys under the seat or console. I’m not saying it’s the prudent thing but just saying I’m terrible about leaving things in view, not because I’m in distress or in a hurry, it’s just what I do. I don’t find her backpack in view to mean anything for this reason.

Maljako, K9Enzo, Dre and 3 others like this.
  16. Moxie_McTavish

Moxie_McTavish Well-Known Member

Drove to Kahului today and had my eyes peeled the whole time for white Toyota van. Saw lots and lots of older white vans:

Ford: 10+
    Chevy: 10+
    Dodge: 2
    GMC: 2
    Toyota: 1

There was a rough looking white van backed onto the beach sand, it was at Papalaua or Ukumehame Beach (they blend into each other). Looked like a homeless person maybe lived in it or camped out there. I looked at the front grill and did not immediately recognize the insignia...but I just got home and it appears to match the 2004-2005 Toyota Sienna, so it was a white Toyota van. There may have been a scarf on the inside side window, IIRC. I saw no dogs or person, but I was just driving by on the highway staring hard at the front grill of the van. This area is close to where the girl said guy in white van w/ 2 dogs tried to get her to talk to him.

Maui people
    : The person may be gone now, I saw the van at 1:30 PM...but if anyone is going to be driving the Pali, when you drive by Papalaua & Ukumehame Beaches, look out for the old white van with this distinctive Toyota insignia on the front grill (the van is BACKED in onto the sand, so front faces the highway). Maybe someone can just scope it out, but don't harass anyone. ;-)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  17. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

It's not so much her backpack in view as much as she didn't take it with her.....that's the rub for me...
    However, she may have a smaller pack, one that fastens around hips/waist, to use when she goes for a run versus a hike......

Rural_PC likes this.
  18. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the thing is that white vans are just very, very common. I remember the DC sniper attacks, which had authorities chasing white vans or box trucks, because they were reported in the area of shootings, and it turned out in the end the perps were using a blue car.

No matter what happens, it seems there are always white vans near by.

19. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

So, this implies to me that perhaps the family is now thinking that she is not in the forest and that is was foul play.

Traymar, Astro71, human and 6 others like this.
  20. Alohaj

Alohaj Well-Known Member

In my opinion, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.