HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerteeth

tigerteeth Well-Known Member

I have been reading about Sarah but who is she in relation to Amanda?

Hazelnutty likes this.
  2. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

She is Amanda's boyfriend really good friend who runs the Findamanda facebook page.

She has done a great job looking for Amanda etc.

tigerteeth, Astro71, Suglo and 4 others like this.
  3. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Y'all here know more than I - but....in my experience the folks that are innocent are constantly out there: hammering away at the case, keeping it in the public eye, taking that lie detector test, speaking to the press...

Those who are guilty or have secrets clam up: they say nothing, do nothing, lawyer up...they hope to hell everything just goes away in a poof of fairy dust....if they've money they sue the crap outta everyone (or if they want to make $) - oh, now lemme think: oh right: just like the Ramseys.....

Sarah and BF are out there, keeping Amanda present in our minds, as is her family.....if anything nefarious happened it IS NOT the immediate family, BF or Sarah....

4. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I didn't want to bring it up but following another missing case I learned that is how mafia used to get rid of their enemies. Pig farm.

Olivia522, cass523 and Nerissa like this.
  5. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Yes, and i’m Hearing the desperation. My heart just breaks for them. Still hoping they can find her in time and she’s reunited with soon.

6. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think so too. There's 1.5 hours between errands and her vehicle at the park. Did something happen in that time frame and her vehicle was just parked at the lower parking lot, perhaps the better option to avoid the higher traffic at the hiking trail parking lot?

7. puakenikeni

puakenikeni Well-Known Member

not wanting to be argumentative, but in the Charli Scott case, her guilty ex consented to a poly, went to MPD for an interview without an attorney, let them search his vehicle, gave a long detailed interview to Hawaii News Now, went out publicly searching.

He stopped because he said people were acting hostile towards him, and he did withdraw later. In that case, there was a long history of tension between him and her mother and older sister, but yet he still inserted himself right away.

Was that a mistake for him? Yes.

8. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

That has happened in many cases we've followed here in the lower 48! Cars parked in apartment parking lots, side streets and Wal-Mart's! The victims are never inside those establishments.

9. puakenikeni

A civilian who has no real connection to a missing person should not be on her computer or in bank records or be given passwords. MOO.

btw, even family or spouse has no legal right if they are not on the account. (I used to work in banking.)

Olivia522, kay74, MerBeach and 17 others like this.
  10. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

But he failed his poly, correct?

KiKiD72 likes this.
  11. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

no worries about being 'argumentative' - I think we are all here to put our collective brains together.....
    I appreciate your thoughts & insights...I go yadda yadda yammer yammer blah blah all the time here just hoping someone gets some sort of a lightbulb moment.....not because what I say is right - maybe they think it's all wrong! Or somehow it triggers some idea in someone......
    Personally there is NOTHING I find suspicious...now, knock me over with a feather & I'll eat crow pie if wrong... ;)
    Thing is: I'm not attached to any of my theories: I just want justice...either way: let's find Amanda....

12. iluvmua

Her own brother went missing back in 1981 and was never found.

The family is obviously OK with whatever Sarah is doing to help bring Amanda home.

13. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

https://mauinow.com/2019/05/21/day-13-lets-keep-this-search-going/
    Day 13: ‘Let’s Keep This Search Going’
    May 21, 2019, 6:21 AM HST · Updated May 21, 11:57 AM
    MAKAWAO, Maui–Team leader Chris Berquist described for Maui Now the Makawao Forest Reserve search for Amanda Eller to date, and outlined search plans for the coming days. Eller has been missing now for 13 days—since May 8.

Volunteers conducted 210 search hours on Monday, May 20, 2019; the GPS search saturation map is continuing to fill in.

On Monday, a second dog team relieved the team from Kaua‘i that has worked for the past two days.
    [...]
    The Maui Police Department is also bringing a search-and-rescue dog on Tuesday to help clear some of the lower area on the map where human volunteers aren’t going to be as effective.

But the team still has a few spots in the immediate area to clear and they are going to be putting a lot of energy into clearing the Waihou Spring Trail area.
    [...]
    Plans include continuing use of infrared (FLIR) paired with the helicopter to scan the forest pushing out to Ha‘ikū and Hāna.
    [...]

14. iluvmua

The Findamanda fb page is becoming a troll fest.

Now they are complaning about Sarah again.

15. Momof4RN

That’s just awful! That poor family!

16. puakenikeni

Yes, big time, thought he was more clever than he actually was.
    I was just speaking to the point that being high profile in a missing person’s case doesn’t necessarily demonstrate innocence.

17. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Happens every single time no matter who runs it. The trolls are not content to form their own FB groups to sleuth and slam people but have to have their voices and opinions heard even if it hurts the family of the missing person and/or investigation.

18. puakenikeni

Bank records are private, and she should stay out. Police investigators check those.

I’ve just been through two deaths of close family, mother and spouse. There are no shortcuts for access to banking info, even for the spouse or next of kin or parent. Unless they are joint accounts, and there must be a death certificate, and notarized affidavits regarding the estate.

If someone is missing, that does not give anyone other than police the right to access the records. Husbands and wives don’t even have that automatic right in Hawaii.

19. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

IMO she did drive to the parking lot herself. She was spotted on camera around 10:20 and then the off-duty firefighter said he saw her car by the forest around noon, but that doesn't mean it pulled in at noon. Her car could have been sitting there since 10:45; this is just the first time that we know of that someone remembers seeing it there. I believe whatever happened to her, happened to her after she got to the forest. MOO

20. Momof4RN

They are desperate to find their daughter and LE was pulling back and certainly have been taking their sweet time. If it was my daughter i’d Stop at nothing, so I don’t blame them for accessing her info. She’s single. A lot of single people have a parent on their account. Perhaps this was the case with her and that parent provided permission for Sarah to access the info. JMO but don’t think we should be judging the actions of desperate parents.

CalmSeas, songbrd, Suglo and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.