HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Sorry for your losses. That must have been tough to deal with for you.

What I want to say about banking accounts though, is there may be no need to actually get permission or go through the bank itself. For example, my accounts are all online, and if my laptop were not password protected itself, then anyone (hubby, mom, daughter, etc) could log onto my account. Passwords are saved and fill in automatically. From a phone, one needs a fingerprint, but not from laptop. So open account (credit cards too) and pull up auto-password and user name, which both fill in, and there is the account - wide open and available.

Does not imply it's proper, just simple.

songbrd, Suglo, jash and 5 others like this.
  2. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

Don’t many cameras erase after about a week or something?
    Forest question: is this the type of forest where she could have gotten turned around and lost & they still can’t find her, being that vast? Or if she is in there, would it purely be because she had an accident, and isn’t lost? I’ve seen pictures, but hard to tell how large this forest truly is.

Mistree, Tripod and Astro71 like this.
  3. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

If my daughter was missing and I could access her accounts or had someone who I trusted that could, I would ask them to do it, law be damned. I think God would forgive me and I would gladly face any legal consequences to find my girl. She is a missing human being, for goodness sake!
    I would leave no stone unturned to find a missing family member. I would use the media, knock doors and solicit private surveillance footage.

Law enforcement agencies have limited human resources. They have to jump through hoops to access vital information which can be used in court. I get it. LE can’t only focus on finding a missing person, they have to document every step, justify every move they make or criminals will walk free.

Kudos to Amanda’s family and friends for taking an immediate, active approach to find Amanda. I think that John Walsh would be proud.

My Opinion Only!

4. human

human Well-Known Member

I read on here that Amanda just purchased a home.

I wonder how the mortgage will be paid.

What kind of job does the boyfriend have?

Tallulah. Lakkey and windrower like this.
  5. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

We don't know what kind of job he had.

Suglo and human like this.
  6. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Not always....Jodi Arias comes to mind. Guilty as sin and loved the cameras.

7. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

I’m close to abandoning the Find Amanda Facebook page due to the commenters there. One in particular who I would’ve banned by now. Incredibly inappropriate behavior by some of these know it all commenters. I would he seething if I were family of Amanda. And I would have a field day banning people. Unbelievable.

8. Astro71

Astro71 Well-Known Member

I just posted about this then saw your post. It’s infuriating! Who acts like that?! Ugh!

9. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

I believe the dogs yesterday were pig-hunting dogs and that was their goal to find pig dens and pig hangout places and see if they found anything.

10. iluvmua

It is getting ridiculous over there.

11. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

Carpentry work . . .
    'I really feel she's alive and we're going to find her,' says boyfriend of missing Maui woman
    Updated: May 17, 2019 06:29 PM HST
    HONOLULU (KHON2) - It’s been nine days since Maui woman Amanda Eller disappeared.

She was last seen by her boyfriend Benjamin Konkol on May 8, 2019.

And Konkol believes she's still alive.

Konkol said he met Eller on Maui about a year ago and they moved in together shortly after.

"I was doing carpentry work on her house and was just struck by her presence,” he said.
    “It took me a while to get the courage to ask her out but I finally did and ever since our first date we've been together."

The couple moved into their new Haiku home about four months ago.

[...]

MerBeach, Suglo, human and 8 others like this.
  12. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

And she runs a rescue for farm animals which she moved to Maui to do. I know I'm a very suspicious person because I've followed a couple Colorado cases with family involvement. However, this person sounds lovely and has experience with a missing brother and saves animals wherever she is, before and after moving to Maui. The rescue she's been building up slowly with good outbuildings and fencing and whatnot, and I believe the BF is/was a workerbee on some of her projects. Color me naive, but I don't see any clues she and BF would've colluded. I was researching Maui rescues and discovered all the great rescuing going on by several people on the island, this woman one of them.

I'm leaning toward foul play. The missing hours of the day have me stymied. The absence of local PD updates is frustrating but from what I've read, normal. I guess if the Islands start giving frequent updates, that's all they'd be doing is giving updates on missing people. Fact. Not snark. Snarky fact, maybe.

Hawaii dropped to 8th from 9th for missing per capita a/t one of the local newspapers just yesterday.

Our work is moving there soon so I've been taking all the e-newspapers. It's Paradise, but it's still an American state. Surrounded by water. I wonder how many of the missing are fed to the ocean. There was a local Big Island guy who was likely taken by a wave while picking a mussel-like creature off the seawalls and he disappeared to a presumed tiger shark right in front of people. Just last month.

I feel so sorry for Amanda.

13. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

14. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

It's a nice love story. So sad that so many have to pick it apart. He's just a guy whose girlfriend went missing. I see nothing whatsoever that suggests his involvement in her disappearance.

HaikuMommy, SaintGirl, Suglo and 4 others like this.
  15. Moxie_McTavish

Moxie_McTavish Well-Known Member

I don't believe Amanda owns the home, I think they rent. I base this on the fact that home prices are quite high in Haiku -- even in Rice Camp, which is the not-so-nice area of Haiku -- and there's also a monthly-updated document on the county of Maui website containing all homeowners' names & properties on Maui. I have the version from March 2019 saved on my computer and didn't see Amanda's name. I saw the other Amanda Eller on Maui....but not "our" Amanda Eller. BF said they moved into current home 4 months ago, so her name should have been on the March 2019 document if she owned.

The boyfriend works construction.

Regarding Facebook, I know which commentor y'all are talking about. I'm not into social media but I try to read the posts & comments on FindAmanda. That one lady is so hateful, I think she has serious issues. lol

16. FactFinder3000

That is very, very true. The majority of our info is via the findamanda page. In general the police release *nothing*. I've followed so many cases where they release nothing at all, "to protect the integrity of the investigation."

edit: In this case they had a press conference where they basically confirmed everything we already knew via the findamanda page. That's how they operate. They only release information when it is to their clear benefit.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    SaintGirl, human and sassyblue like this.
  17. FactFinder3000

Oh wow, I just noticed a fecebook screenshot I posted was deleted. Apparently this is against the TOS. Sorry about that.

Are we allowed to quote facebook?

Simply Caustic likes this.
  18. iluvmua

Some of those comments are brutal.

I feel SO sorry for the family who might be reading the Findamanda page.

Sarah has gone above and beyond trying to help find amanda.

19. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

Does Websleuths have a thread for her brother?

Those of us who have been on WS for many years have seen many “nice love stories” that turn out to be not so nice.

Yes, Amanda’s parents must be worried beyond belief, and I don’t fault them at all for their decisions. But if my child were missing, I’d be questioning everything and everyone.

The parents are in the know, are privy to information I do not have. I may be very cynical and have a suspicion or two, but I’m hoping Amanda’s parents are operating off of truthful information.

20. iluvmua

At this point, I do not suspect anyone.

I do not think the bf could pull this off without someone seeing him. Jmo.

SaintGirl and Suglo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.