HI HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Moxie_McTavish, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moxie_McTavish

Moxie_McTavish Well-Known Member

<modsnipped visitor comments from social media are not allowed>

And this is kind of weird:

"We know police have Amanda's car and cellphone to look for clues. Her friend Sarah whose been helping lead the search operation got ahold of Amanda's laptop today, and is looking for clues, like her banking records."
    New developments in the search for missing Maui woman, Amanda Eller

I mean, I guess Amanda's family handed it over to Sarah, but it just seems so odd that this random "friend" is openly scouring her computer when that's what the police should be doing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
  2. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

So many people look like so many people

human and happyday like this.
  3. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

Poor policing thus far if they handed over electronics TO ANYONE.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
  4. SD123Me

SD123Me Member

Amanda sounds like she has a heart of gold. She rescues sick animals... I wonder if that extends to people?

5. SD123Me

SD123Me Member

When was the last time Amanda was actually seen in person on video camera? I don’t care about the friend or bf anymore.

6. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

I am not buying the story that she went off on her own without telling anyone, that she went off without her phone, that her boyfriend wasn't so worried that he let it go 24 hrs then knew exactly where she was, that the acquaintance is so worried she is driving the search efforts. None of it.

7. Detectivediva

Detectivediva Well-Known Member

Is anyone else now considering self harm? When I read about the mother's day package...I started kinda feeling like it is possible. Do many send gifts and talk excitedly about their own future? She could've been saying goodbye in a way but also maybe she was feeling a bit guilty about having certain thoughts (if contemplating self harm). At first I conclusively thought accident but not sure now. I'd love to see what the card said.

StarrChance, jash, cass523 and 10 others like this.
  8. Curiousobserver

That is an excellent question

9. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

It’s definitely a possibility they should be looking into. And another reason NOBODY but LE should have her laptop right now.

10. happyday

There is NO reason in my mind that ANYONE but LE should have her laptop. That is just insane!!

11. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

I agree, this is looking more like self harm. Moo. Maui would be a good place to do it. Lots of drop offs where no one could find you. Unless of course you knew exactly where to look. Even then I’d imagine it’d be pretty tough.

12. happyday

And this could be why friends and family are sounding so mysterious. They could suspect self harm but they think more people will search for her if they think an accident or something else. I don’t know but I don’t think the whole real story is being said.

13. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling that way. It was, after all, Mother's Day and she lived far from her mom. It would be natural to send a gift and a loving message, even a small letter of how things are going, thanks for raising me, etc etc.. My daughter only lives an hour or so from me and she sent flowers and a message. Typical stuff if you can't spend the holiday with the parent. IMO

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please be sure to read our social media rules and post accordingly:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

• ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.

15. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Amanda Eller is missing in Hawaii. Here's what we know. | Boston.com

Sarah again, commenting on what seems like 50-50 chance between falling and being injured; and accosted by someone on the trail or in the parking lot. Has this been reaffirmed by MPD?

Mention of her career in PT here as well. Sadly her mom had to fly on Mother's Day to Hawaii to look for her missing daughter.

"Volunteers have prepared for all possibilities as they escalate the search.

“Generally speaking, it’s highly likely she’s lost or injured in this forest and it’s equally as likely that she was intercepted by someone in the parking lot or on her run,” friend and volunteer Sarah Haynes told Maui News.

“As the days go by, and more and more people are in the forest, we get closer and closer to foul play.”

Eller, who lives outside the reserve in Haiku, is a physical therapist. But her deep ties as a yoga instructor on the island have propelled volunteers to join the search effort."

16. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

17. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

Ominous IMO that the dog lost the scent on a trail.

18. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Can we talk about actual evidence that makes the friend/spokesperson and boyfriend suspect? I'm just failing to see this. It just sounds like a ton of reaching and stretching to make that puzzle fit. I'm not talking about feelings or hunches that people have or even a bone to pick with one or the other. Help me out here.

For the record, I do not know any of these people and hope this poor woman is found.

IHAVENOCLUE, CoolJ, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  19. Curiousobserver

Also for the record I do not know any of these people and this is just my opinion.

For me its the time to report- he left at 7:00 am, didn't see or hear from her all day, she was also gone all night, then he reported her missing the next day. They live together in the same house. I know I don't understand their relationship but its not ordinary in any sense if she could be gone that long and not be missed.

Add to that the fact that she didn't tell him where she was but he knew right where to look.

20. MauiJen

MauiJen Well-Known Member

The only evidence or information coming out to the public is being controlled and issued completely by Sarah and Ben. There is nothing coming out to the media or from MPD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.