Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

Hawaii's Missing Children

“It does get harder. It gets so crazy,” said biological aunt Lana Idao

“We feel for Ariel and we feel for her ohana,” said volunteer Amber Franco. “She’s a keiki of Hawaii and it feels right to help the family search, look for her, family gets peace of mind.”
6-year-old’s biological family tells community: Don’t give up on search

“The social worker said she didn’t want me to get overwhelmed,” Kumai said. “Every time she came to visit, I had just come home from the hospital and I was tired.”

“I’m hoping something will surface,” Kumai said. “Someone will crack and say something. I’m sure it haunts them if they did something to her. They got to worry every day if they get caught, I’m hoping, if they have any conscience.

There’s virtually nothing that you have to do to warrant your application for homeschooling to be approved,” child abuse investigator Steve Lane said. “Nor is there any supervision provided for children once they are placed in home school.”
Isabella Kalua: Grandmother Says ‘Something Wasn’t Right’ After Missing Hawaii Girl Was Placed with Adoptive Parents
Dozens rallied outside of the state CPD offices this morning to call for action in the disappearance of a 6-year-old Waimanalo girl, Isabella "Ariel" Kalua.

The thing is that I am not sure what has actually been found that would cast suspicion on her parents since I keep seeing people asking if they are suspects or POI? Why would they be? I’ve looked and looked and I do not see where the police ever confirm that the contents of the bag or photo album were associated with her. Rumors I see but I don’t see the polices statement regarding these items. If someone has this please share. I know she had 2 past injuries of a broken finger and leg but these incidents were investigated for what it’s worth (and I understand that doesn’t necessarily mean anything) but also kids do have accidents. The police have stated that the parents have been fully cooperative. Maybe some people think they aren’t doing enough but also we don’t know what they are doing or not. As my granny said, only the spoon knows what’s stirring in the pot. I guess my point is I’ve seen so many people making assumptions and I am wondering what I am missing? Very little has really been released regarding things so I feel there is a lot we don’t know. It bothers me that people keep making statements (in various places) about the adoptive parents and I would understand if I could see facts backing that suspicion up. My gut feeling is the suspicion comes from the word adoptive. I adopted both mine and I’m their parent. Period. I would give my life for theirs. It rarely crosses my mind that they are adopted. So while there are rotten adoptive parents and foster parents there are just as many rotten bio parents. I would like to see facts released from the police guide people’s thoughts and comments because as we’ve all seen time and time again in these cases the salt often looks like the sugar. My fear is always that assumptions and rumors cloud the investigation and could affect the ability to find Isabella. JMO:)

My gut feeling is the suspicion comes from the word adoptive.

RSBM
I honestly think it has nothing to do with them being adoptive parents. People here are just generally suspicious of family (considering how often we see kids going missing and the reason being close to home, I don't blame them) and would be just as wary of bio parents, if she were not adopted.

The thing is that I am not sure what has actually been found that would cast suspicion on her parents since I keep seeing people asking if they are suspects or POI? Why would they be? I’ve looked and looked and I do not see where the police ever confirm that the contents of the bag or photo album were associated with her. Rumors I see but I don’t see the polices statement regarding these items. If someone has this please share. I know she had 2 past injuries of a broken finger and leg but these incidents were investigated for what it’s worth (and I understand that doesn’t necessarily mean anything) but also kids do have accidents. The police have stated that the parents have been fully cooperative. Maybe some people think they aren’t doing enough but also we don’t know what they are doing or not. As my granny said, only the spoon knows what’s stirring in the pot. I guess my point is I’ve seen so many people making assumptions and I am wondering what I am missing? Very little has really been released regarding things so I feel there is a lot we don’t know. It bothers me that people keep making statements (in various places) about the adoptive parents and I would understand if I could see facts backing that suspicion up. My gut feeling is the suspicion comes from the word adoptive. I adopted both mine and I’m their parent. Period. I would give my life for theirs. It rarely crosses my mind that they are adopted. So while there are rotten adoptive parents and foster parents there are just as many rotten bio parents. I would like to see facts released from the police guide people’s thoughts and comments because as we’ve all seen time and time again in these cases the salt often looks like the sugar. My fear is always that assumptions and rumors cloud the investigation and could affect the ability to find Isabella. JMO:)
This is what has caused suspicion on the adoptive father and justifiably so. It has nothing to do with her being adopted. Hundreds of volunteers continue search for missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl, Isabella Kalua | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

"Adoptive" in front of the word "Parent" means nothing to me. God bless the people who adopt children and love them as their own.

The reason I am suspicious, are the circumstances our little Isabella went missing under, and the details released later regarding the adoptive mom being investigated. I haven't given the bio parents a pass either, but I have compassion for them. Addiction is ugly. Should they get the kids back, no they should not. That ship has sailed and left the harbor. But as adults, the kids can seek them out for a relationship if they desire to do that.

The duty of care was on the AP's, she went missing on their watch.
Missing girl had serious injuries investigated by state in past 2 years

Last edited:
Ariel should have been out trick or treating tonight. The focus is on the AF because of the specific circumstances, their history and their lack of help in the search and failure to be forthcoming, nothing else. This needs a more intense media spotlight!

The police have sealed their lips here and are refusing to provide any substantive updates. That is a huge problem and is not helpful to finding Ariel at all.

Search for recent stories about requests for the Honolulu police department to be put under DOJ scrutiny. Also, search about the "interim" Honolulu police chief and how ineffective he has been and his "blue wall of silence" on other recent cases.

Put this together with the stories of local CWS putting children in dangerous situations and their supervisors not being very accountable and it paints a very disturbing picture. This needs attention, for Ariel's and other children's sakes.
JMO MOO

What the heck. I am so mad about these missing children. 5 year olds and 6 year olds are not so easy to kill. These kids are real people with real relationships and personalities. We need answers and I am angry. Grrrr

Thank you for sharing @Dave99

253555388_4859150864095310_1658905239211975846_n.jpg

253602750_4859150554095341_6800756557155808782_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member