GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

rumor (posted by KS), maybe his aunt?
I looked at the court site and she had a traffic crime citation on 1-29 for no license or insurance. This new thing might not be charged yet, but it will show up online when they do.
Aunt happens to be 49 ...

Thinking about this today and our old debate over Steven's smarts and whether he would or would not do something because of the chance of getting caught.

At this point, with all that came out at trial, and his early days showing up at police station with a concealed weapon, and now the contraband handoff -- I feel it's safe to say that whatever general intelligence he may have, he's not too bright when it comes to avoiding getting caught and in deep trouble. He does what he wants and desires and he has an arrogant disbelief that he will get away with it, and/or he has a self-destruct impulse guiding his behavior.

Remember the weapons charge from 2014, the knife in the buckle?
The pre-trial conference was today, a hearing set for March 15, Cardoza NOT trying this one. Judge Richard T. Bissen.
Tomorrow (2/23, Thursday) is pre-trial conference for the Burglary and Theft from Taylor Farner. Judge Peter T. Cahill.

March 6 - hearing on motion on murder/arson conviction (for new trial?).
March 15 -
hearing on weapons charge.
March 20 -
jury trial on burglary and theft.
March 24 -
sentencing on murder and arson convictions.

And that's not even including the contraband charges yet ...
March will be a busy time for SC.

Anyone know what time the hearing is today?

I found one video up already from Akaku and am starting it now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXaGh8xR2c

KHON had sent me a notification to watch the hearing live not quite an hour ago, but I missed it and just now I could only find regular news there. But Akaku seems to be on it.

Cardoza will hear arguments today and jury will not be questioned yet. Yet.

Apo is stating there was jury misconduct and prosecutorial misconduct.

He is starting out with the jury, says they disobeyed instruction about how to communicate with themselves and to the court, after announcing they were divided and were hung.

Says the jury went rogue and communicated with each other after they went home, with every juror EXCEPT the foreman, then phoned the court when instruction says all must be in writing.

Adding notes:
Juror #1 communicated with at least nine other jurors, and did not inform the court.

During the approx one week recess, almost all the jurors broke rules by communicating with each other, and at least two jurors had regular exposure to news headlines on the trial.

It only took one day when they returned to reach a verdict.

Now Apo is talking about ligature marks being considered as cause of death. (I don't know where this is coming from.). Something about the jury and an expert.

Also saying the jury conducted some experiment on their own on the fit of the jeans on SC.

Redaction of Phaedra's phone records was contrary to a stipulation. Apparently Easter analyzed the records while thinking it was Steven's phone?

Says that Phaedra's phone hit the same towers as Steven's (I don't understand the implications), but this was redacted. Says that either Phaedra lied or Easter's work was faulty.

Finally, that Rivera told jury that Charli's jawbone was speaking to them.

Yes Thanks Pua!

So Cordova will have his answer in a couple of hrs!

Darn it, the page reloaded and ate my whole post on Rivera.

How does Apologetics's even know what the juror did or didn't do anyway??

Yes,thanks jewel, for posting that, and you're welcome HGO.

I saud in the post that was eaten, be sure to watch the video to be the the fine points. My notes are just off the cuff as it was going, and would need correction to be a good record, but there is a video so I am not going to fine tune them.

Cardoza said court to reconvene at 11:30, less than half hour from now.

Apparently the defense contacted jury after verdict. Apo says that is OK and Rivera says it is not. The declaration of facts is from Nardi.

Apo says the best thing for appellate record is if judge denies evidentiary hearing from jury, because that supports the appeal. So he thinks it's a win win I guess.

Rivera came off as irritated.

Cardoza said court to reconvene at 11:30, less than half hour from now.

Apparently the defense contacted jury after verdict. Apo says that is OK and Rivera says it is not. The declaration of facts is from Nardi.

Apo says the best thing for appellate record is if judge denies evidentiary hearing from jury, because that supports the appeal. So he thinks it's a win win I guess.

Rivera came off as irritated.

Who is Nardi?

Yes Rivera seemed quite irritated and he was right that Apo was more on the misconduct side than him! I just don't think you can legally claim Defense misconduct.

Nardi is the co-defense counsel, the short quiet guy.
on LIVE now on Akaku.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back