HI - Expectant Mom Dana Alotaibi Stabbed to Death by U.S. Marine Ex-Husband in Honolulu

scdiv

Reaction score
Marine allegedly kills estranged pregnant wife on Hawaii highway

An active duty Marine is suspected of killing his pregnant wife during an argument on a Hawaii freeway, according to Honolulu Police.

Witnesses claimed the Marine, identified as Bryant Tejeda-Castillo, allegedly stood over and stabbed 27-year-old Dana Alotaibi before he fled into a nearby wooded area on July 20.

Alotaibi, a Virginia native, was pronounced dead at a Hawaii hospital following the horrifying attack.

Alotaibi was three months pregnant at the time of her murder, according to KITV4. She reportedly documented the alleged abusive relationship on YouTube and other social media platforms.

ejeda-Castillo, who turned the knife on himself, was taken into custody and is being treated at a Hawaii hospital for self-inflicted wounds.

He was charged with second-degree murder, and his bail was set at $1 million.

more at link: Marine allegedly kills estranged pregnant wife on Hawaii highway

"...
Alotaibi posted several videos and messages on her social media accounts talking about her abusive relationship, claiming her husband hit her, pulled her hair, choked her, cheated on her and threatened to kill her.

A YouTube video posted in January shows Alotaibi sobbing on the phone with the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, claiming the military did nothing after she reported multiple cases of violence and infidelity.

“It’s haunting me, like, all the incidents that he’s hit me and done horrible things to me,” she tells the hotline responder. “Even when I reached out for help, like nothing was done at all. And I’m thinking like, what can I do, why is he so untouchable?”

“Why isn’t he getting jail time? Why isn’t he getting demoted in rank? Why isn’t he getting kicked out?” she said on the call...."

^^rbsm
I'm a bit confused, if the divorce was granted last month or June, she's no longer his wife, right?

Red alert here -- do not travel alone with your former-spouse weeks after your divorce. MOO

From the link:

In November of 2021, Tejeda-Castillo filed for divorce, and it was later granted by a court last month, according to court records gathered by KITV.

The couple had been married for three years.

7/23/22

Alotaibi’s mother said she advised her daughter to report Tejeda-Castillo to his command and police.

“She sent me, like, a picture with all these bruises all over her body,” Cespedes said, adding that Alotaibi was brave to speak out.

She said Alotaibi was able to get a no-contact order on her husband, the military’s version of a restraining order. But Cespedes says she’s disappointed more wasn’t done to protect her.

“Probably because she’s a woman they don’t care, or she looked crazy, they don’t care,” Cespedes said.

Now that her daughter is gone, Cespedes says she is feeling the same helplessness as she tries to get answers from the military about what happened.

“I feel like nobody wants to help, nobody wants to say nothing,” she said. “Probably if I go there, they will help.”

Cespedes says she’s flying from Virginia to Honolulu on Saturday.

“I cannot stay here waiting. I have to go there. Bring my daughter home,” she said.

The tragedy unfolded in the public eye, on the side of the H-3 Freeway westbound just before the Kamehameha Highway off-ramp near Kailua, at 6:18 p.m. on Thursday.

"Witnesses observed a male standing over a female stabbing her multiple times," said Lt. Deena Thoemmes, Honolulu Police Department.

One of those witnesses was a man driving to work. He did not want his name identified. He said initially he thought it was just a fight when he pulled over to help.

"Whenever I got there, I pretty much froze out of fear and shock," he said.

But after that moment of fear, he and others stepped in -- some calling 911, and others doing what they could to help.

"Witnesses tried to restrain the male and render aid to the victim," Thoemmes said.

The witness said he was trained in CPR, but quickly realized the victim was fading fast.

"You know obviously when we're doing CPR there's no pulse, they didn't get a pulse the whole time, and it was just her face, she just looked past the point of no return, you know," he said.

[..]

Police said the suspect fled into the nearby brush with the knife in hand. Officers searched the area and found the suspect. Police say the suspect also cut himself.

The victim, Alotaibi, was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The suspect was also taken the hospital in serious condition.

Alotaibi's friends told Hawaii News Now that she was 13 weeks pregnant with her current boyfriend's baby.

"He was afraid to reach out for mental health [help], because he was in the military," a friend said. "But, you know, she was reaching out for help as a wife."

The 29-year-old Kaneohe Marine, accused of stabbing his 27-year-old ex-wife to death on the side of the H-3 freeway, pleaded not guilty this morning to the charge of second-degree murder.

U.S. Marine Sgt. Bryant Tejeda-Castillo was indicted July 27 in the death of Dana Alotaibi, who was found July 20 on the side of the H-3 westbound lanes near the Kamehameha Highway off-ramp.

Tejeda-Castillo appeared by video teleconferencing, at his arraignment this morning before Circuit Judge Christine Kuriyama.

He pleaded guilty and asked for a jury trial.

Trial is set for Oct. 3 before Judge Catherine Remigio.

The case seems solid -- at least two independent witnesses saw the defendant stab the victim. Case being heard in Circuit court (not military trial). Defendant locked up, no danger/threat to the community/witnesses.

Aug 4, 2022

Tejeda-Castillo appeared by video teleconferencing, at his arraignment this morning before Circuit Judge Christine Kuriyama.

He pleaded guilty and asked for a jury trial.

Trial is set for Oct. 3 before Judge Catherine Remigio.

Alotaibi described herself as a musician, artist and adult content creator. She had a substantial presence on social media, with over 169,000 followers on her social media accounts.

The judge denied his request for a reduction in bail, and he remains in custody at the Oahu Community Correctional Center, unable to post $1 million bail.

A witness traveling near the scene saw a man, later identified as Tejeda-Castillo, slit a woman’s neck with a knife while standing over the victim, then stabbed her numerous times in the face, neck and head, according to police in court documents.

Another witness said she saw a man and woman apparently fighting outside a vehicle, then saw the man stab her with a knife. The woman, who was identified as Alotaibi, was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back