HI HI - Jeffrey Meek, 43, Keaau, 8 November 2014

That's one of the things that makes no sense. And (per video) his nephew left, thinking JM had walked home (?) and would show up the next day (at church?) His nephew didn't seem too concerned that JM wasn't at the truck.

Just a note: the reporter interviewing JM's family has been doing local reports about the lava flow in Puna. Normally, there wouldn't be anyone sent from HNL to interview people in a missing case on the BI.

Was it nephew or a worker who came to the truck to find it locked up?

I have been reading it as if it was an employee or co worker

Listened to video again

Clearly the nephew went to the truck

The quote about calling a worker confused me

They've scoured a 20 acre parcel that his family recently purchased at Pepeekeo Point, as well as the coastline about half a mile away. He headed out to clear weeds and trees from the land on Saturday. He later called one of the workers at his plumbing company for help saying his truck was stuck in the mud.

"When he arrived the truck was there locked. Jeff was gone. Tools were in the truck and no Jeff," said his mother, Sandra Meek, who lives in Hacienda Heights, California.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...business-owner

The nephew did not seem concerned , I agree

That's one of the things that makes no sense. And (per video) his nephew left, thinking JM had walked home (?) and would show up the next day (at church?) His nephew didn't seem too concerned that JM wasn't at the truck.

Just a note: the reporter interviewing JM's family has been doing local reports about the lava flow in Puna. Normally, there wouldn't be anyone sent from HNL to interview people in a missing case on the BI.

The "walking home" does not sound like a viable option at all. He was a plumber, had lots of clients, friends, fellow church members that surely could have given him a ride home on a Saturday morning.

Map:

Pepeekeo Point to Keaau
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pep...7e6e9f4bed1!2m2!1d-155.041667!2d19.621111!3e2

anyone could have sent the text purporting to be JM walking somewhere... convenient

http://www.hawaiipolice.com/missing-jeffrey-meek-update-11-14-14

Update on searches and how the ping at the cave came about.

News reports about “pinging” the location of his cell phone were based on the family’s use of a website that has a disclaimer stating that the information may not be accurate. Police are using more reliable methods to track the location of the phone.

That makes more sense that the ping wasn't an actual one from the phone company. Hopefully LE can get accurate information that might be of some use.

I see there is not much news.
We need details

I keep coming in here expecting new information.
Not a lot of press on this one.

About accidentally getting too close to the cliff...
Would the boots be so scattered?

About accidentally getting too close to the cliff...
Would the boots be so scattered?

I don't think so. It is not at all a treacherous path and the second boot was wedged between rocks as if purposely stuck there.

Probably not related to Jeff's disappearance, but there have been numerous helicopters hovering around in the distance in the direction of the Wailuku River. Some could be taking tourists but I have never seen two at the same time like that.

It took me a few days to get approved to post. It seems now as there is no more news coming from the Island regarding this story. This is upsetting. I grew up with Jeff. Very close friend with him and his entire family. He moved to Hawaii and we did not have contact as much as before. There are some things bothering me and I wanted to know if anyone else noticed these things or had any ideas.

As Plumeria5, Lucky181 and many others on here have already asked some of these questions I apologize if they are repeats.

Here is the latest news report I saw. It was the interview with his nephew, wife, and mother. It states the following.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/clip/10849325/search-continues-for-missing-big-island-man

As one person states. We are not being given enough information to put a decent time line together. Due to not having this information I dont know if anything we assume can be anywhere near accurate. It is frustrating.

Interview with nephew. Nephew states he got a call from uncle stating his truck was stuck in mud and he needed some help.

When nephew got there he found the truck locked up so he assumed Jeff had walked home or somewhere so he went home.

Who would do that when someone calls you for help? Why would he have not called Jeff to ask him where he was at? Or called Mary, the wife, and said hey has Jeff got a hold of you? This makes no sense.

Then we dont know the timeline so cannot say if the text he received at 918am was after he went to the truck or when he was on his way or what.

THIS IS THE QUESTION I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE ELSE BRING UP YET!!!
In the video they show the text that they say the nephew received from Jeff. If you look at the text it has jeff's wife's name Mary at the bottom of it. I dont understand this. It does not look like an auto signature. So in the video if you look at the text it states. "I am walking someplace to cools down" and it says Mary at the bottom of that text. I do not understand this at all. Did anyone else notice this? It is as if his wife Mary is sending that message from Jeff's phone. Or am I seeing it wrong?

That text could also have two meanings, as another person who posted stated. That the person who sent it is hot, temperature wise, and going to find a cool place to get out of the heat, or that they were hot, meaning angry, and needed to go find someplace to let their anger subside.

It is always hard to say how someone is going to react in this situation but the nephew does not seem to upset. But once again its hard to say how anyone may react under these circumstances.

As Plumeria5 states:

1. Someone was not happy he had plans to build on that property. (But, there are many projects going up in the area so that seems unlikely.)

2. Meth heads roam around this area looking for money. (His truck was locked and nothing amiss.)

3. He left voluntarily or ended his life. (New baby coming, young son he adored. Plans to build.)

4. The consensus of those I talked to lean towards someone he knew (someone in particular), that had a grudge of some sort.

My opinions on these are agreeable with Plumeria5.

1. Someone not happy about him building on that property. Unless they were living on that land how would they have known that

he was going down to clear it on that Saturday morning? I dont see that likely.

2. Meth heads roaming the area. Truck locked and nothing amiss. credit cards not charged on per reports I read.

3. Ended his own life. I dont see it with what he had going on but we can never know for sure what a person is thinking.

4. Foul play. Someone he knew in particular. I have to agree with this statement. It is at this point in time the only one that makes any kind of sense to me. Who knew he was going to be down at the property? Just the nephew? Or others also?

I dont know if this is of any importance but Jeff was a regular Facebook poster. Nearly every day or every other day he would post something. I see that his last post before he went missing was on November 3. That is 9 days before he went missing. That is very out of the ordinary for him.

I am wondering if the police took the computers out of the house and his company's books and so forth to review that information to see if they could find anyhting helpful or is that not something that is normally done?

Why were there no tracking dogs used? Its seems the most logical thing to have used?

One person at the end of an article I read stated that Jeff had a problem with the police a while back and two officers ended up quitting after they were found lying in court. I have no other facts on this matter or to even know if it is true but if that is the case then the police may not being doing the best investigative work possible.

Please let me know your thoughts. I will be checking back often. I will add anything else I may have questions about or find out.

Thank you.

It took me a few days to get approved to post. It seems now as there is no more news coming from the Island regarding this story. This is upsetting. I grew up with Jeff. Very close friend with him and his entire family. He moved to Hawaii and we did not have contact as much as before. There are some things bothering me and I wanted to know if anyone else noticed these things or had any ideas.

As Plumeria5, Lucky181 and many others on here have already asked some of these questions I apologize if they are repeats.

Here is the latest news report I saw. It was the interview with his nephew, wife, and mother. It states the following.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/clip/10849325/search-continues-for-missing-big-island-man

As one person states. We are not being given enough information to put a decent time line together. Due to not having this information I dont know if anything we assume can be anywhere near accurate. It is frustrating.

Interview with nephew. Nephew states he got a call from uncle stating his truck was stuck in mud and he needed some help.

When nephew got there he found the truck locked up so he assumed Jeff had walked home or somewhere so he went home.

Who would do that when someone calls you for help? Why would he have not called Jeff to ask him where he was at? Or called Mary, the wife, and said hey has Jeff got a hold of you? This makes no sense.

Then we dont know the timeline so cannot say if the text he received at 918am was after he went to the truck or when he was on his way or what.

In the video they show the text that they say the nephew received from Jeff. If you look at the text it has jeff's wife's name Mary at the bottom of it. I dont understand this. It does not look like an auto signature. So in the video if you look at the text it states. "I am walking someplace to cools down" and it says Mary at the bottom of that text. I do not understand this at all. Did anyone else notice this? It is as if his wife Mary is sending that message from Jeff's phone. Or am I seeing it wrong?

That text could also have two meanings, as another person who posted stated. That the person who sent it is hot, temperature wise, and going to find a cool place to get out of the heat, or that they were hot, meaning angry, and needed to go find someplace to let their anger subside.

It is always hard to say how someone is going to react in this situation but the nephew does not seem to upset. But once again its hard to say how anyone may react under these circumstances.

As Plumeria5 states:

1. Someone was not happy he had plans to build on that property. (But, there are many projects going up in the area so that seems unlikely.)

2. Meth heads roam around this area looking for money. (His truck was locked and nothing amiss.)

3. He left voluntarily or ended his life. (New baby coming, young son he adored. Plans to build.)

4. The consensus of those I talked to lean towards someone he knew (someone in particular), that had a grudge of some sort.

1. Someone not happy about him building on that property. Unless they were living on that land how would they have known that

2. Meth heads roaming the area. Truck locked and nothing amiss. credit cards not charged on per reports I read.

3. Ended his own life. I dont see it with what he had going on but we can never know for sure what a person is thinking.

4. Foul play. Someone he knew in particular. I have to agree with this statement. It is at this point in time the only one that makes any kind of sense to me. Who knew he was going to be down at the property? Just the nephew? Or others also?

I dont know if this is of any importance but Jeff was a regular Facebook poster. Nearly every day or every other day he would post something. I see that his last post before he went missing was on November 3. That is 9 days before he went missing. That is very out of the ordinary for him.

I am wondering if the police took the computers out of the house and his company's books and so forth to review that information to see if they could find anyhting helpful or is that not something that is normally done?

Why were there no tracking dogs used? Its seems the most logical thing to have used?

One person at the end of an article I read stated that Jeff had a problem with the police a while back and two officers ended up quitting after they were found lying in court. I have no other facts on this matter or to even know if it is true but if that is the case then the police may not being doing the best investigative work possible.

Please let me know your thoughts. I will be checking back often. I will add anything else I may have questions about or find out.

Thank you.

Welcome to Websleuths! You have made some very good points. Hopefully, some of the group on here can answer your questions and help bring Jeff home.

As Plumeria5 states:

Thank you.

I am so glad you are posting! It seems there has been nothing for days. Thank you for posting that video because somehow I missed seeing the text message when I watched it before. I think it is unusual to sign one's name on a text message unless they are not accustomed to texting. It just ended "Mary"...That is strange. Very good point. Jeff seemed very articulate from reading his posts on message boards. I am wondering if texting his family was something he did on a regular basis or did he usually just call...Was it customary for him to use slang..."cools"... We never know who the author of a text is which is frustrating. When was the last time he was seen out in public..I am asking that because of the lapse in his FB posts that you brought up. I believe he went missing on the 8th so it would have been five days since his last post before he went missing. BUT, are we certain he disappeared on the 8th... Yes, we definitely need a timeline to narrow the window of time that he disappeared. It is raining and the helicopters have subsided for now but they were out for several hours.

I am so glad you are posting! It seems there has been nothing for days. Thank you for posting that video because somehow I missed seeing the text message when I watched it before. I think it is unusual to sign one's name on a text message unless they are not accustomed to texting. It just ended "Mary"...That is strange. Very good point. Jeff seemed very articulate from reading his posts on message boards. I am wondering if texting his family was something he did on a regular basis or did he usually just call...Was it customary for him to use slang..."cools"... We never know who the author of a text is which is frustrating. When was the last time he was seen out in public..I am asking that because of the lapse in his FB posts that you brought up. I believe he went missing on the 8th so it would have been five days since his last post before he went missing. BUT, are we certain he disappeared on the 8th... Yes, we definitely need a timeline to narrow the window of time that he disappeared. It is raining and the helicopters have subsided for now but they were out for several hours.

My mistake about the days between his posting and when he disappeared. I had the 12th in my head because that is when his wife posted the missing person article on his page. Regarding the text the nephew said it was a text from Jeff. But to me it looks like a text from Mary (jeffs wife) using Jeffs phone. Anyone else have an opinion on that one?

Deleted accidentally posted up twice. Computer had a hiccup, or maybe the owner of the computer not sure which.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back