HI HI - Jeffrey Meek, 43, Keaau, 8 November 2014

As we were walking towards our cars 2 policemen pulled up and asked what we were doing. The friends told them they were searching and upon sharing some of their thoughts who might have done this, the police seemed very interested and anxious to take the information.

Do you by any chance remember the nephew being there?

Do you by any chance remember the nephew being there?

No, I don't think he was one of the 4.
I do think the police were tucked in somewhere watching as they were waiting for us when we got to the top of the entrance but weren't around when I went down.

I didn't know BJPenn had a site. Interesting comment. Just a heads up, you can share the link and then just say check out the comment under the article rather than quote it. (I have learned the hard way. :)

[modsnip]

I apologize once again. Not following the rules. I will review them again so you are not having to spend your time editing something I should not have copied and posted. I know its been 10 days but my mind is still not in the right place. Thanks for your patience have a good day.

Interesting about the Mary part of the text.
Wonder if the nephew noticed that

I would like to see a timeline .. not only that day but the day or so before.
Who was he in contact with, what was he doing?

I am assuming that JM's wife was the last person to see him.. but that is an assumption as I don't recall reading anything about that

Interesting about the lack of FB posts before his disappearance

In one of the original reports, it said that Jeff called a worker
Its still a bit unclear to me if the worker was the nephew
It sounds like they are one and the same

I agree with all above who find it strange that JM would call for help, send a text that stating he was going for a walk to cools off but not mention where he was going.
Its also mind boggling to me that his nephew came to help him, couldn't find him and just left without calling anyone to inform them Jeff wasn't there or to find out if he made it home safely

Here is the post I found stating the Police may have had issues with Jeff. I doubt we will ever know how this may have effected the investigation.

one one site where an article was posted here is the comment a person made after the article.

[modsnip]

http://bjpennhawaiinews.com/missing-jeffrey-meek/

Am I the only one who can't see the comments? I've been all over the HI news outlets and no comments on any articles.... one outlet had the comments section disabled. Hmmm... my PM box is all cleaned out.

Am I the only one who can't see the comments? I've been all over the HI news outlets and no comments on any articles.... one outlet had the comments section disabled. Hmmm... my PM box is all cleaned out.

In the link above I can see one comment

Yes I can still see the one comment when I click on the link. I made the mistake of copying and pasting the comment when i first posted it. My mistake for not reading the rules closely enough. But if you click on link you should be able to see the comment.

Whether or not LE is taking this seriously.. and we don't know that...
The fact remains there are things in this case that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm
The boots being found a distance apart
The phone call
The text
Nothing taken from the truck

BJPenn must not like you or I because I can't see the comment either.

ETA: that's strange - when I clicked on the link just now, I could see the comment. Maybe it was just slow loading the first time around.

BJPenn must not like you or I because I can't see the comment either.

ETA: that's strange - when I clicked on the link just now, I could see the comment. Maybe it was just slow loading the first time around.

I give up! LOL... I'm at work. The boss probably has it blocked or something and is sitting back there laughing at my frustration.

Back on topic - the interview video disturbs me. I would think a family member would be pulling a timeline together, with or without LE. I hope now that his mother is there, she will be able to get something started.

I give up! LOL... I'm at work. The boss probably has it blocked or something and is sitting back there laughing at my frustration.

Back on topic - the interview video disturbs me. I would think a family member would be pulling a timeline together, with or without LE. I hope now that his mother is there, she will be able to get something started.

A timeline would be helpful
Who saw him last and where was he seen?

Lots of mystery surrounding this case, but that phone text is what I wanted to address. Odd, all right. "I'm walking some place too cools down." Strange grammar there. And then, like dav7070 pointed out, why does it then say "Mary" under that, as if it was she who wrote that and not her husband? Then again, does she even go by that name, as her name seems to be a compound name--one word--Marylou. And what is the photo above the text...I can't make it out. A water heater, maybe? I could be wrong, but, to me it didn't look like a kind of picture one would use for a company ad, so why is that photo included there?

dav7070, you asked who else knew he was going to be down at the property. In that news report you linked, the reporter says, "His wife Marylou, said she knew something was wrong within hours of him leaving the house Saturday. The plan was for him to work on their 20-acre parcel, then join her and his 2-year-old son at the beach. But she couldn't get ahold of him." So, we know his wife knew he was going to the property, too.

Yes, very strange grammar and I simply don't understand the "Mary" at the end
There was no explanation given for it on the video

The photo does look like a water heater, not sure
Strange pic

In the video of the text, it says "messages (3) Jeff" at the top of the phone. I assume that those 3 texts from Jeff were....the picture, the cools comment and the third text was "Mary." What we don't see are any text responses from his nephew. Could his nephew have texted something and Jeff's answer was "Mary." Could his nephew have deleted his own texts and just Jeff's would have remained?

In the video of the text, it says "messages (3) Jeff" at the top of the phone. I assume that those 3 texts from Jeff were....the picture, the cools comment and the third text was "Mary." What we don't see are any text responses from his nephew. Could his nephew have texted something and Jeff's answer was "Mary." Could his nephew have deleted his own texts and just Jeff's would have remained?

Nice catch! That makes since.

Hmm, good questions
It is so quiet.
I keep checking for new news

My wife was asking me the same questions. It seems strange that he would have just deleted his side of the texts. Possibly he never responded to any of those three texts. The thing that I dont understand is that we are seeing three texts. 1. Hot water heater? 2. ......cools down and 3. Mary. It could just be the reporter making a mistake but she states that the last text jeff sent was to his nephew stating he was going to cools down. But that is not actually the last text sent from what we are looking at. There was one after that. The one that says Mary.

Ah I am so confused. I watch Hawaii Five O and Mcgarret and Danno always seem to find the answers. Why could real life not be so simple.

Every day several times throughout the day, more times than I can count, I am asking myself "what happened to you Jeff. Damnit give us some clues."

I appreciate the fact that even with the "zero" amount of information we are receiving from the press that members on this site are still trying to post up their thoughts on some of the questions that are being asked.

I had asked Jeff's mom a couple questions through Facebook chat about how she was doing and just giving her my support. Then I sent her a message yesterday asking if there had been anymore updates. Explaining I was not seeing anything in the press and I was hoping that the private investigators were still turning over new clues and leads that I was just not hearing about. I dont want the investigation to stall and it looks like it has from my end. I told her I did not want any details but if she could at least let me know if there was still progress being made. She saw my question but never answered it. So really I am left in the dark and I dont have the heart to ask her again since she did not respond the first time. I cant imagine the emotions she is feeling and I just dont want to bother her. So I am in this forum airing out my questions, emotions and feelings in these posts. I appreciate everyone taking their time to discuss. This may sound silly or corny but I had not realized until now how much this site has actually helped me to get through each day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back