High profile atty Mark Nejame

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by ketel0ne, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ketel0ne

ketel0ne The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'

HIGH-PROFILE ORLANDO ATTORNEY CONTACTED

Only Eyewitness News has learned one of Orlando's most prominent defense attorneys, Mark Nejame, has been contacted in the case, but he hasn't decided if he'll take it over.

Nejame has decades of experience in high-profile cases. He's being very tight-lipped about the case. He didn't tell Eyewitness News why he hasn't decided whether or not he will take on the case and didn't say whether or not he may take on the case pro bono.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. bunnyphoenix1

bunnyphoenix1 Former Member

I hope this is true...I am so tired of JB and believe she deserves competent representation (like any accused person).

4. MD MOMMY

MD MOMMY New Member

Totally saw that coming although I thought she would wait so they could ask for a continuance. JB just isn't experienced enough for this case IMO.

5. BeagleMom

BeagleMom New Member

CA met with him today. Is requesting that he and his entire firm do this case pro bono. She wants it for FREE!!!!

This woman has guts!

BeagleMom

6. Aleve N Fla

Aleve N Fla New Member

Mark NeJame is the best in Orlando by far. His firm has represented many a high profile case and is a highly regarded criminal defense law firm. If I did a criminal act there is no one else I would want representing me.

My thoughts are that things are getting a bit too close for comfort and the Anthony Family knows that Casey needs the best representation in Orlando. I doubt Mark NeJame would do it probono (he does not need the publicity) and I honestly hope he wouldnt either. If she wants the best then pay for it like the rest of us would.

7. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

I said it a few days back that Baez was not competent for what was coming, Cindy is finally realizing that this is not going her way (kidnapping,stolen,etc) that jig is up.The question is how will they pay.

8. catherineb

catherineb New Member

Who's gonna pay the bill? Pro bono my ass - she would have to be innocent I think for him to take it. I hope no one worthy takes it....

9. Elley Mae

I guess this goes back to what came out last Wednesday,and the interview with Nancy last night was not favorable.

10. TimeWillTell

TimeWillTell New Member

:clap::clap::clap: Thank you for saying this! Cindy for some reason thinks that everybody owes her something!!! :furious:

11. Fandy

Fandy Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll n

i also theorized this was coming a couple of weeks ago, JB is way out of his league. I'm not familiar with Mark NeJame, has he represented anyone famous? Or is he mostly defending local FL persons?

12. BeagleMom

BeagleMom New Member

I tried to post this earlier, but have been having problems.

Two nights ago I was up all night with a sick pooch. I ended up watching the initial bond hearing (I think July 23rd) and was completely surprised at how inexpirenced JB is.

First, throughout his arguments, he said "okay" and "uhm" so many times that it was very conspicuous. I do not care for him and I felt sorry for him. He needs to take a public speaking class. I don't care what he advertises or what he says, he is not an inexperienced trial attorney.

Also, in his closing he went on and on about how it is CA's right to bond. The prosecutor said that they agreed. There wasn't an argument there, prosecutors just wanted the bond to be high. After this, JB continued to fight for bond. It was as if he could not be interrupted from his prepared speech.

A top notch trial attorney (a good friend of mine is one in Orlando and I have watched him in court many times) knows how to "drop back and punt." Knows how to roll with anything new that is brought up. JB was not capable of doing this.

However, I will be really surprised if a top notch attorney does this case for free. It's beyond free publicity now.

JMO
    BeagleMom

13. diz39

diz39 This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!

He is very well known, and very good. However, I hope he does not take the case. What can any attorney do with essentially a hostile client? Besides, who would want the pain in the ass family to deal with?

14. boogiebear

boogiebear New Member

Per Channel 9
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

"HIGH-PROFILE ORLANDO ATTORNEY CONTACTED

Only Eyewitness News has learned one of Orlando's most prominent defense attorneys, Mark Nejame, has been contacted in the case, but he hasn't decided if he'll take it over. Late Wednesday afternoon, Eyewitness News learned Cindy Anthony was meeting with Nejame at his office.
    Nejame has decades of experience in high-profile cases. He's being very tight-lipped about the case. He didn't tell Eyewitness News why he hasn't decided whether or not he will take on the case and didn't say whether or not he may take on the case pro bono."

This is interesting news.

15. Elley Mae

I just Googled Criminal defense,Immigration,Business. That's what she needs CD

16. zadari

zadari New Member

what happened to baez? i must have missed something ..

17. BeagleMom

BeagleMom New Member

I lived in Orlando for nearly 30 years and then moved to the Daytona area 10 years ago.

Nejame handles mostly local FL cases that are pretty famous. I don't think he has ever been on CourtTV. I remember a rape case and a illegal alien employment case. But, I could be wrong.

BeagleMom

18. Star12

Star12 New Member

And if he even hints that Caylee is dead, then what?

19. jbar

jbar Just My Opinion

20. brighidin

brighidin remember me as a time of day

I though Cindy said Casey didn't do anything wrong. Do you need high power attorneys for telling "mistruths"? :rolleyes:

21. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Can we merge this with the other thread on cindy meeting with a new attorney and maybe the one that just says "Cindy"? It's getting so hard to wade through!