Highway Serial Killings Initiative

Discussion in 'Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls' started by vlpate, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Justiceforever

Justiceforever New Member

[​IMG]

Brothers Anthony and Nathanial Cook were both long haul truck drivers who killed at least nine people in the 70's and early 80's in Toledo Ohio.

Investigators believe there may be more. They were known to travel Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Texas.

More here...

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/cook-brothers.htm

I will put this one in the Dr No thread too because they were known to have killed people in Ohio.

2. Justiceforever

[​IMG]

James Robert Cruz Jr. Long haul trucker known to have killed 1 but thought to have killed more.

" Investigators were unable to obtain any SOLID evidence linking Cruz to any of the murders, although, there is no doubt in any of their minds that Cruz was in fact the killer. After Cruz's arrest, the string of prostitute murders along the highways of Northeastern Ohio stopped just as abruptly as they had begun."

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/cruz-james-robert.htm

Since he was investigated for the Ohio murders I will post this on the Dr. No thread also.

3. Justiceforever

4. Justiceforever

5. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Here's another creep to add to the list. He's not suspected of murder yet.

Utah truck driver accused of keeping sex slaves
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-accused-of-keeping-girl-hostage-for-sex.html

The girl was a relative who he'd hurt before. A lifetime protection was issued against him in 1999, presumably by the girl's parents. She must've needed money very badly, and he promised her she'd be safe with him. After he was arrested, a second woman went to the police with her story.

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/timothy-jay-vafeades-utah-trucker-accused-of-keeping-sex-slaves

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/03/17/5051692/vampire-trucker-who-kept-sex-slaves.html

Attached Files:

6. Justiceforever

I came across this on the LISK thread.

"The FBI's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime launched in 2004 an initiative dubbed "The Highway Serial Killings," to identify and investigate murders committed along truck routes. The victims in those killings, said Special Agent Ann Todd, "are primarily women who live high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving drug/alcohol abuse and prostitution."

Since the project was launched, FBI crime analysts have compiled information on 580 victims and 275 suspects in sexual assaults, kidnappings and homicides near highways, rest and truck stops, gas stations and restaurants off travel routes. Those victims included 19 from New York State."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...rated-with-missing-prostitute-cases-1.2682508

7. LR1

LR1 Well-Known Member

8. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Bessie, my sister was engaged to this creep, back in the late 80's early 90's. She gets updated from the FBI on his status and how the case is shaping up or not.

9. Crwilso6

Crwilso6 New Member

What kinds of things did she say about his personality and treatment of her?

10. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Here's a recent update: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...-slaves-and-grinded-their-teeth-with-a-dremel'

Another news article about the "Vampire Trucker"
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13720...-as-sex-slaves-and-grinding-down-their-teeth/

11. Nocturnal 911

Nocturnal 911 Active Member

I'm unable to read this Newsday link, of the 19 in NY~ Curious if Tammy Jo Alexander is mentioned?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. honesty

honesty Active Member

I cannot read the full article either. I too would like to know of Tammy was mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

13. Evianna13

Evianna13 New Member

I worked as a 911 Police Dispatcher in Pompano Beach, FL from 2003-2011. There is a large truck stop in this city. Once I received a call from a Sex Worker calling from the truck stop to report a truck driver attempted to strangle her to death. I dispatched a unit but he soon closed out the case a "Public Assistance" no report. I don't know if he even made contact with the caller.

I was shocked by this. After years of taking 911 calls you can start to tell who is telling the truth. I totally believed this woman. Now I wonder if the deputy had taken a report if the license plate and suspect's name would be in a data bank now.

The truck stops could prove to be a treasure trove of information if authorities did regular interviews with the people associated in this business.

This truck stop was notorious for being a hang out for prostitutes and drugs along with stolen merchandise. So I wonder if any valuable information could be acquired by interviewing Sex Workers at all of the major truck stops

14. Nocturnal 911

Thank you for this post twinsie ...I feel your pain 😉... (not often thankfully) I'm a tad to invested, bossy & biotchty w my guys for the "3,2,1 and I"m clear crap lol.
    I'd be all UMMMM, NO! Landline STAT!

* FYI--up until approx 2 weeks ago I was CLUELESS about the nefarious side of trucks stops. Deer outnumber us 5:3 in my neck of the woods.

#TruckStop? Like where I get 3 meals to go?

15. Nocturnal 911

PS.. I CAN spell, my phone is just being an a$$

16. Just Jake

Just Jake New Member

I feel like I am so late to this website. The long haul theory specifically. I have always had an idea that the Robin Hill Murders were a product of this. How do I research similar killings of the same MO along the I 40 and 55. Has there been a work up already done or profile on a killer for the Robin Hill murders other than the Three. My thoughts are that the kids were over at the truck stop and witnessed something or walked into the creek while something was happening. The 55 goes north and south along the river and the river could also play a part as well.

17. honesty

honesty Active Member

Welcome to WS.
    I've spent probably thousands of hours scouring every case I can and more or less just having to draw my own conclusion as to which cases I believe are the work of a truck driving serial killer. I wish we were more privy to the information contained on the map put together of over 500 cases the authorities believe to be the work of truck drivers. Until then it's really just sleuthing and trying to piece things together. It's very interesting and can lead you down many rabbit holes.of information and invigorate your sense of imagination trying to figure out the logistics of how the case happened from start to time of discovery.
    I see you have found some of the other threads here that are used to discuss cases that are either known or suspected to be the work of truck drivers.
    A great way to get started is to look up cases along the areas you are interested in researching. We have a section here for unidentified John and Jane does as well. You'll find in reading those threads a lot of those cases are of people found along interstates.

18. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat New Member

Doing a search on newsday for the name shows nothing so probably not?

19. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

20. honesty

honesty Active Member

I seen on the news where a message was written on a pilot truckstop bathroom. In black ink it said t.s.k. find her body at mm 168 you guess the state and highway t.s.k

This was written on the wall in a men's restroom and according to the reporter someone found it and told the manager and also contacted the news agency. The news agency showed a highway patrol who says they are taking this serious and investigating but are hoping it is just a hoax.