ú

Hiring a PI...?

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Kahli, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Kahli

Kahli New Member

I'm not sure where to post this -- please reroute if necessary.

I'm a published fiction author currently working on a (non-fiction) book about a murder that took place in Whitehorse, Yukon in 1992.

I'm working with a former reporter in Whitehorse, who's got a thorough account of the facts here: A Yukon mystery

In essence, we know who murdered Krystal Senyk, but he escaped. An information card with his name on it turned up in Mississippi in 2015, and I feel strongly it was him. (Prints didn't match, but I've talked to the reporter who knew the informant -- who lived with him for a year -- and she described his hands as completely mutilated. I think he burned off his prints.)

I plan to go down to Mississippi in the fall to speak with those who knew the man in question (alias at the time: Barry Spencer or Barry Spencer Clark.) But I also have a sense of stumbling out of my depth. If Ronald Bax is still alive he's likely elsewhere in the US, or Mexico or central / South America, with a new alias.

I would love to work with someone who has more experience than me with this sort of thing... it's not that I aim to catch Bax, per se, but I've been preoccupied with this case for four years, and I want to look under every rock. (As a note -- it's technically still an active investigation, so we have no access to RCMP files, but they transferred their lead investigator off the case 2 years ago... so Myles and myself are the only ones looking into it.)

Does anyone have advice on hiring a private investigator? Anyone here interested in helping?

PatLaurel, teedie2 and dotr like this.
  2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wondering if it might help to start a thread about this wanted man and see if any posters and/or Pi's come forward to help? imo.
    ETA started a thread, hope it somewhat helps..
    CANADA - Krystal Senyk,29,Whitehorse, shot dead by RCMP's most wanted,Ronald Jeffrey Bax, 2 March 1992

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Kahli, Jaanniss, Laughing and 3 others like this.
  3. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Do you know & ideally trust any PIs in your area? Ask them for recommendations. There is likely a professional association of reputable PIs.

I understand from reading here that there are different types or caseloads, a PI super for a cheating-spouse divorce may not be a good fit for your murder investigation.

Kahli, Jaanniss and dotr like this.
  4. Kahli

Kahli New Member

Thanks for starting the thread @dotr . And for the recommendation @Laughing . I've thought about that... the trouble is I live nowhere near where the murder occurred or where he turned up 4 years ago. But maybe that doesn't matter... most of the PIs I've seen in my area specialize in business or domestic affairs... I'll keep digging though.

dotr likes this.