His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I'm just stunned with Judge Perry's decisions. Why was he so easy on Casey today? I don't get it at all. This is more shocking to me than the Jury's decision! I've just lost all respect for him.

I'm sorry, but I'm just stunned with Judge Perry's decisions. Why was he so easy on Casey today? I don't get it at all. This is more shocking to me than the Jury's decision! I've just lost all respect for him.

He gave her the maximum allowed by law, did he not? What more could he have done?

JP treated this jury with the utmost respect . I think they could have atleast took this seriously & reveiwed everything before making a decision.
I don't know what JP is thinking but I know if I was in his shoes I would be very disappointed. He was so busy trying to make sure there wasn't an appeal & probably was just as shocked as the world that the unbelieveable happened.
This whole case was about winning at all costs for the defence.
It was never a search for the truth.

I think HHJP did a fantastic job, not perfect, but I think people want someone to blame. He isnt the one though.

JP made many mistakes during this trial and jury selection was one of the biggest!

I was very disappointed the he didn't give KC the maximum amount of jail that he could have. He could have factored in the check charges and added more time. No, it wouldn't be nearly enough justice for Caylee but it would have sent a message. Everyone has let Caylee down.

From what I understand he had her charges served concurrently with the Amy check fraud charges and he didnt have to do that.

He specified the charges would run consecutively. It's my understanding that beyond that, it is up to the sheriff to determine how long she serves.

I want to say JP did a good job but, frankly I am not so sure he wasn't just in too much of a hurry that he neglected the MOST important factor of this case...the Jury & their competency.

Is it customary that a Judge would monitor that the Jury was keeping notes, asking questions, etc. I wish there was a course that would be required of Jury members to attend and pass to qualify them as to their competency.

There is something gravely wrong with a system that allows the life of those accused to be so carelessly decided upon. This goes either way, too. Even for those who are accused and truly innocent.

This system is flawed...

Being from Florida I was aware of Judge Perry before this trial. JP has an impeccable reputation and can you imagine how hard that was for him to earn? But having seen him run an almost impossible to run court with this particular group of players has raised him in my esteem even higher. He gives new meaning to "Honorable"

I am not a fan...have not been since jury selection...I know my view is not popular....I'm off to find peace and understanding with the verdict.....that just might take me the rest of my life.

He gave this verdict away to the defense with his over riding Jury selections, not allowing evidence the Jury needed to see and letting JB walk all over him.

I agree. He pushed the PT and DT into picking a jury to quickly because of Florida's budget problems in that the longer it took the more money the State would have to spend. They(the State of Florida) should have allowed JP as much time as neccessary so that 12 **** (I'm being kind) wouldn't end up on the jury. Also, he should not have allowed JB to walk all over him as you stated. His babying of JB I believe aided in the verdict.:mad:

I knew the instant JP looked at the verdict that we were not going to like it, for the most part...anyone else catch that?

I wonder what JP said to the jurors in private...

Do you all speak English

I was never a "fan", he proved to be the exact type of judge I said he was from the start.

He specified the charges would run consecutively. It's my understanding that beyond that, it is up to the sheriff to determine how long she serves.

The sheriff?!?! Are you serious?! Florida is messed up!

I noticed your tag line and just wanted to take time to thank you for your service to our country! :blowkiss:

Thanks so much....it's hard to fight for frredom and then she gets away with murder...I'm having GREAT difficulty with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23