HISTORIC BACKGROUND FOR LISK

hawkshaw

Reaction score
While many of you reading this will probably think what has to do with LISK. Even though this story begins more that 35 years ago I will tell you it has everything to do with LISK because it is about a culture developed all those years ago and many years before that. It told them they could do most anything they wanted and get away with it.

Suffolk County had a very major drug dealer HF that pretty much ran the drug racket in Suffolk County. He lived in the Babylon area with Oak Beach as one of it's premier communities.
The Suffolk County Narcotics Bureau ran the investigation on him and his family. it took them almost 5 years to bring this fellow to justice. Now that is an enormous amount of time to run any investigation, much less an investigation where constant criminal activity keeps the case active and solvable. A murder could be a one-off situation but drug dealing is not.

This case was written about in 1985 by a top notch Newsday Reporter named Richard (Rick) Firstman, in 1985. The title of that story was: "All in the Family". it got that title because HF's brother was involved and even his own father then living in Florida with a new wife of Colombian extraction. The wife went to Colombia and brought the brought the cocaine back to the US and the father sent it to HF. They were all arrested, tried, convicted in Suffolk County. HF got 10 years in prison and one would expect he served his time in a NYS prison. BUT it appears he did NOT. Instead it appears as though the FEDS took over and got him involved with serving his time in some sort of Federal situation, He has a prison number in the /federal system but not one in the /state system. Did he spend ANY time in a prison or was the just there on paper to do what he was supposed to do - inform?

Now let me get back to the original prosecution. As you can expect such a long and important investigation was conducted with MANY wiretaps, legal, or otherwise. Many people were caught on those wiretaps. One such person was the child of a VERY, VERY HIGH LE OFFICIAL. The child was captured many, many times on the phone with HF buying cocaine, in some case with Felony Weight. The assumption is the caller was not only buying for personal use, but for re-sale to others.

The FEDS appear to have HF in their custody and now they want to proceed with mopping up the whole crew. They want the SCPD wiretaps of the investigation so they can proceed with their own case. When they asked for the taps of the child of the HIGH RANKING LE OFFICAL they were told the wiretaps were destroyed ! So much for that. One would think this would be the end of this person seeking employment. What else could this person be qualified for? How about a Suffolk County judge who remains a judge to this day.

While many of you reading this will probably think what has to do with LISK. Even though this story begins more that 35 years ago I will tell you it has everything to do with LISK because it is about a culture developed all those years ago and many years before that. It told them they could do most anything they wanted and get away with it.

Suffolk County had a very major drug dealer HF that pretty much ran the drug racket in Suffolk County. He lived in the Babylon area with Oak Beach as one of it's premier communities.
The Suffolk County Narcotics Bureau ran the investigation on him and his family. it took them almost 5 years to bring this fellow to justice. Now that is an enormous amount of time to run any investigation, much less an investigation where constant criminal activity keeps the case active and solvable. A murder could be a one-off situation but drug dealing is not.

This case was written about in 1985 by a top notch Newsday Reporter named Richard (Rick) Firstman, in 1985. The title of that story was: "All in the Family". it got that title because HF's brother was involved and even his own father then living in Florida with a new wife of Colombian extraction. The wife went to Colombia and brought the brought the cocaine back to the US and the father sent it to HF. They were all arrested, tried, convicted in Suffolk County. HF got 10 years in prison and one would expect he served his time in a NYS prison. BUT it appears he did NOT. Instead it appears as though the FEDS took over and got him involved with serving his time in some sort of Federal situation, He has a prison number in the /federal system but not one in the /state system. Did he spend ANY time in a prison or was the just there on paper to do what he was supposed to do - inform?

Now let me get back to the original prosecution. As you can expect such a long and important investigation was conducted with MANY wiretaps, legal, or otherwise. Many people were caught on those wiretaps. One such person was the child of a VERY, VERY HIGH LE OFFICIAL. The child was captured many, many times on the phone with HF buying cocaine, in some case with Felony Weight. The assumption is the caller was not only buying for personal use, but for re-sale to others.

The FEDS appear to have HF in their custody and now they want to proceed with mopping up the whole crew. They want the SCPD wiretaps of the investigation so they can proceed with their own case. When they asked for the taps of the child of the HIGH RANKING LE OFFICAL they were told the wiretaps were destroyed ! So much for that. One would think this would be the end of this person seeking employment. What else could this person be qualified for? How about a Suffolk County judge who remains a judge to this day.

The corruption is so deeply ingrained that the LISK case will never be resolved until the depth and breadth of nepotism and cronyism have literally died off.
LE considers serial killers and dead mutilated victims collateral damage in order to keep their own nefarious network a secret.

The late Federal Judge David Trager was the Chairman of the once NYS Investigation Comm said in 1989, after concluding the investigation of corruption in the SCPD and DA, said something like this: If things aren't fixed fast it will infect the entire criminal justice system.

I'm a newer poster, but long-time reader. I'm revisiting what little I knew about Shannan Gilbert's case, as well as the greater LISK materials and information. What you said Hawkshaw is concerning. But, that being said--not at all surprising, to me, at least. May justice be done.

Can someone plz explain to me the reasoning that Dna genealogy isn’t being done for the unidentified victims?!
Cases are getting solved all over the country with this and we are still questioning who is Asian male, peaches etc. This is such a huge case….bigger than the Golden State killer and yet the main ways of solving this are not being utilized!!!

Can someone plz explain to me the reasoning that Dna genealogy isn’t being done for the unidentified victims?!
Cases are getting solved all over the country with this and we are still questioning who is Asian male, peaches etc. This is such a huge case….bigger than the Golden State killer and yet the main ways of solving this are not being utilized!!!
Maybe it is being used to identify the unknown victims. Former SCPD Head Geraldine Hart referenced that it was going to be used. We (the public) won’t know until somebody tells us. If SCPD and FBI are serious about solving this case, then it’s already been done/or is in progrrss of being done. The smart thing to do would be to NOT release the IDs to the public until every bit of potential evidence that can be obtained (phone records, computer records/email etc., interviews of family members, acquaintances and the like have all been completed and potential leads resulting from this info followed up on).

It had been authorized in this case, in fact Valerie Mack was the first person to get her name back using genealogical testing, she was identified through her aunt, who had submitted DNA to a site.
The overall is is that New York State has exceptionally high resistance to the use of familial testing outside of the requirement of sexual assault cases, they cite civilian privacy as the main reason.

So now that we have a new Governor of NY, who is a woman from the Buffalo area (where Melissa Barthelemy was originally from, and where her family still reside), what is the likelihood of the Gov. Hochul tapping the NYS Attorney General for an independent investigation of SCPD’s LISK investigation?

So now that we have a new Governor of NY, who is a woman from the Buffalo area (where Melissa Barthelemy was originally from, and where her family still reside), what is the likelihood of the Gov. Hochul tapping the NYS Attorney General for an independent investigation of SCPD’s LISK investigation?
Zero…unless everyone tweets, messages and emails all of her social media sites including official state sites as well.

It seems that there is a circle of men in power who grew up in this area and want to protect each other’s interests and keep that money flowing. It 100% mirrors stories of other killers who def were a product of their environments and inherited habits, vices, misogyny, and the most important to what caused these particular cases to happen; money.

Desperate people will do desperate things to keep up appearances and pat their buddies backs.

It seems that there is a circle of men in power who grew up in this area and want to protect each other’s interests and keep that money flowing. It 100% mirrors stories of other killers who def were a product of their environments and inherited habits, vices, misogyny, and the most important to what caused these particular cases to happen; money.

Desperate people will do desperate things to keep up appearances and pat their buddies backs.
Yes, I read that as well recently (re: a possible ring of suspects related to LISK investigation. The new SCPD Chief Rodney Harrison alluded to it. Harrison has claimed that solving the LISK case is a top priority for him. The fact that he is from NYPD, and is not ingrained in Suffolk County politics is reason for hope, I believe, as it pertains to investigation. He also has pledged to release the infamous 911 calls if it does not impede ingoing investigation. Of course, those calls are most certainly tied in to the investigation, so release to the public seems unlikely. Would like to know if anyone else sees his appointment as a good sign for investigation?

Yes, I read that as well recently (re: a possible ring of suspects related to LISK investigation. The new SCPD Chief Rodney Harrison alluded to it. Harrison has claimed that solving the LISK case is a top priority for him. The fact that he is from NYPD, and is not ingrained in Suffolk County politics is reason for hope, I believe, as it pertains to investigation. He also has pledged to release the infamous 911 calls if it does not impede ingoing investigation. Of course, those calls are most certainly tied in to the investigation, so release to the public seems unlikely. Would like to know if anyone else sees his appointment as a good sign for investigation?
I disagree with you. He did not offer up info. He was asked a question. The question was not a yes or no answer. He was left with possibly. I don't think he has any real info.

..... as long as it doesn't impede the investigation......If Harrison doesn't know this by now then why does he say it?
Hawkshaw— that’s exactly what I meant. Isn’t he kind of letting the public know that if the 911 call is not released it’s specifically because it in fact IS tied to the larger LISK case? And I’d be curious to get your take on his appointment, specifically as it relates to LISK case, if you’d like to share it…
I could be totally misguided, but I think he has already clarified a few different things on record:

1. That the rumors of an SCPD cover up of some type are groundless and false

2. That it is possible that there is not one suspect but a ring of suspects

3. That the 911 call is definitively linked to the LISK investigation (if the call ends up not being released to the public)

Hawk, not sure how I missed this post months ago, but this is a good one. And I like how you say it has everything to do with LISK. As you know, this is exactly my theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back