HLN Coverage On Baby Lisa This Hour 10/17/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am catching up and am shocked that Deborah admits to drinking perhaps 5 glasses of wine but not 10. Now i read medication??? Could somebody direct me to the link or what interview she admitted to combining medication with alcohol. Many thanks in advance.

I am catching up and am shocked that Deborah admits to drinking perhaps 5 glasses of wine but not 10. Now i read medication??? Could somebody direct me to the link or what interview she admitted to combining medication with alcohol. Many thanks in advance.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7241518&postcount=1185"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show[/ame]

I'm sorry that I don't remember which clip. Fox isn't available yet (i don't think) but there are 2 of the 3 interviews from this morning.

There was also a family presser too.

I am not afraid to jump off the fence, as someone who strongly suspects Kyrons stepmom. This case reminds me a lot of that case and even the mom.. But that said I am more convinced she is innocent and here is why.

She is very willing to talk. She has admitted she was drunk but can't figure out why it matters. She seems to be convinced shes done nothing wrong. That is up for debate- but being irresponsible doesn't tell us where Lisa is. Also, if she was drunk, how could she pull off the perfect crime? She doesnt evev drive. She does not set off my hunky meter at all. She actually seems very simple and naive. I know a lot of suburban moms that I feel drink too much but they feel they can drink and still be a responsible parent. Here's my theory-

Lisa and her neighbor were outside partying and someone was watching them. Lisa went in and fell asleep in bed forgetting to turn off lights, lock doors check on Lisa etc.. Someone noticed that the house was wide open and took their chance- either for nefarious reasons (I hope not) but maybe even because they felt she wasn't a good enough mother.

I have a gut feeling that Debbie is telling the truth and probably messed up her LdT because she is still trying to piece together the bits and pieces. I pray Lisa is found alive. I don't think this woman hurt her child and feel that even in a panic from an accident I feel she would not discard her in the middle of the night in a drunken stupor and have no regrets. JMO

So far I've been listening and reading - listening and reading about this case.

But the news today goes a long way to me in explaining what was going on with the husbands body language since day one. I remember watching the initial interview thinking - so what's up with him? Why is he holding himself so tightly next to his wife - and why is he not responding to her...What am I not seeing/hearing. Bring five - ten glasses of wine into the picture and looks to me to be a big "tell". I'd say there is a drinking problem going on in this family and it's not a new one. Just IMO...

I am not afraid to jump off the fence, as someone who strongly suspects Kyrons stepmom. This case reminds me a lot of that case and even the mom.. But that said I am more convinced she is innocent and here is why.

She is very willing to talk. She has admitted she was drunk but can't figure out why it matters. She seems to be convinced shes done nothing wrong. That is up for debate- but being irresponsible doesn't tell us where Lisa is. Also, if she was drunk, how could she pull off the perfect crime? She doesnt evev drive. She does not set off my hunky meter at all. She actually seems very simple and naive. I know a lot of suburban moms that I feel drink too much but they feel they can drink and still be a responsible parent. Here's my theory-

Lisa and her neighbor were outside partying and someone was watching them. Lisa went in and fell asleep in bed forgetting to turn off lights, lock doors check on Lisa etc.. Someone noticed that the house was wide open and took their chance- either for nefarious reasons (I hope not) but maybe even because they felt she wasn't a good enough mother.

I have a gut feeling that Debbie is telling the truth and probably messed up her LdT because she is still trying to piece together the bits and pieces. I pray Lisa is found alive. I don't think this woman hurt her child and feel that even in a panic from an accident I feel she would not discard her in the middle of the night in a drunken stupor and have no regrets. JMO
To the media, sure. To LE, not so much.

Her willingness to talk to the media doesn't mean a darn thing to me.

Personally, if my 5 year old went missing, I'd have my face in LE's until he was found. I would cooperate with them every step of the way, even if they accused me. I'd get a lawyer to keep myself from being railroaded, but I'd never for a moment stop communicating with LE.

DB may have done this, dunno, but if I had a sick kid missing, I would be on the news telling the kidnapper how to care for the child. Medicines, dosing, foods.

DB may have done this, dunno, but if I had a sick kid missing, I would be on the news telling the kidnapper how to care for the child. Medicines, dosing, foods.

Me, too. And begging for any message at all - any proof - that my baby was okay...

So far I've been listening and reading - listening and reading about this case.

But the news today goes a long way to me in explaining what was going on with the husbands body language since day one. I remember watching the initial interview thinking - so what's up with him? Why is he holding himself so tightly next to his wife - and why is he not responding to her...What am I not seeing/hearing. Bring five - ten glasses of wine into the picture and looks to me to be a big "tell". I'd say there is a drinking problem going on in this family and it's not a new one. Just IMO...

Yep. Can you say co-dependents? DB and JI both drink and are covering their azzes. JI wasn't at all shocked about Deborah's drinking on the night the Lisa went missing. He defended her, saying that "drinking doesn't change a person enough (to cause harm to the child)." WTF!! jmo

JP on Fox News today said the name of the neighbor. Is it ok to post her name, here?

Thank you everyone for the updates. Dear bf is watching antiques roadshow so I cannot watch. (dang it) I appreciate you all very much!

wm

Unless the neighbor has spoken out we don't sleuth the neighbor or put her name here. Now if there is a transcript you can link. But that is as far as it goes.

Me, too. And begging for any message at all - any proof - that my baby was okay...

Absolutely. And not withholding any information about the night the baby was allegedly abducted, including the drinking and what time you last saw your baby. Changing stories doesn't bode well to make her believable.

MOO

I think I understand what is meant by "hinky meter" and here is why mine is blaring loudly....
Mom says she hasnt discussed details of the night her daughter disappeared with the neighbors.
Mom says she hasnt discussed details of that night with her own children who were in the house, past a little bit the first day.
Mom is not letting LE talk to the boys except for in the very beginning.
There was something else but now I can't remember it!
These, to me, are not small points when added together and considering the fact that their baby daughter who they love so much is missing and in grave danger. I can't think of one stone...not one...that I would leave unturned if this was my child. They just don't seem that desperate to get her back.
I have a question...have we heard from any grandparents, aunts, uncles or very close friends of the family? I know there was a female relative spokesperson at first but what about recently? If this were any of your children, don't you think some relative or friend would be the very public face of this search if the parents were just too upset to be helpful?

I think I understand what is meant by "hinky meter" and here is why mine is blaring loudly....
Mom says she hasnt discussed details of the night her daughter disappeared with the neighbors.
Mom says she hasnt discussed details of that night with her own children who were in the house, past a little bit the first day.
Mom is not letting LE talk to the boys except for in the very beginning.
There was something else but now I can't remember it!
These, to me, are not small points when added together and considering the fact that their baby daughter who they love so much is missing and in grave danger. I can't think of one stone...not one...that I would leave unturned if this was my child. They just don't seem that desperate to get her back.
I have a question...have we heard from any grandparents, aunts, uncles or very close friends of the family? I know there was a female relative spokesperson at first but what about recently? If this were any of your children, don't you think some relative or friend would be the very public face of this search if the parents were just too upset to be helpful?

Well, they did have Ashley - iirc an aunt of Lisa's - as their spokeswoman for a while. A lot of people (including me) found her less than helpful. Now, I believe, another extended family member - a Marine? - is filling that role.

On Joy Behar's show now.

:)

Thank You ... just turned it on ...

omg ... Linda Kenny Baden on ... wish they would get someone else instead of LKB - had enough of her from the Casey Anthony case ...

MOO ...

Ok sorry I did not know about the Marine. I don't have tv...at all. I am getting my info mostly from internet news sites and here. Which, by the way, I've been lurking here awhile and have found you people pretty amazing.

I was firmly on the fence at first, although I don't know how much of that was wishful thinking...it just tears out my soul when I learn parents have harmed their children. It really does bother me that I sense little or no desperation from these parents. Desperation to find their daughter, I mean. But thats my viewpoint. I hope I'm wrong.

Ok sorry I did not know about the Marine. I don't have tv...at all. I am getting my info mostly from internet news sites and here. Which, by the way, I've been lurking here awhile and have found you people pretty amazing.

I was firmly on the fence at first, although I don't know how much of that was wishful thinking...it just tears out my soul when I learn parents have harmed their children. It really does bother me that I sense little or no desperation from these parents. Desperation to find their daughter, I mean. But thats my viewpoint. I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you, Flutterby80, and Welcome to WS!

Yep. Can you say co-dependents? DB and JI both drink and are covering their azzes. JI wasn't at all shocked about Deborah's drinking on the night the Lisa went missing. He defended her, saying that "drinking doesn't change a person enough (to cause harm to the child)." WTF!! jmo

Agree especially the WTF and I can tell you - if I had five glasses of wine - at home kind of glasses of wine - I definitely would not be able to tell you how many I've had....:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee