Hoax Revealed? Family proves they tipped gay waitress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you laugh at someone (Saldana) whose only fault was doing something kind? If this was a hoax, the fault lies with the perpetrator. I find it disturbing that people will point and laugh at others because they tried to do a kindness for someone.

I laugh at her just like I laughed at mike tyson and don king for giving tawana brawley a rolex watch and offer of free education before they allowed the truth to come out. It's not about race, or sex preference it's about people that want to jump in on something before the truth is allowed to come out. I don't feel sorry for them, sorry. jmo

YOU

If you see the above word in your posts it may be wise to go back and review your post before hitting submit. At Websleuths we do not allow personalization of posts and the use of the word YOU is a good gauge as to whether a post is addressing the post and not the poster.

:tyou:​

People love to get their panties in a wad anytime they think a gay person is being wronged and a server not tipped....put them together and my my.......

People really should stop and think before they get their knickers in a twist about things on the Internet. Thanks Sonya!

Scary that you can go to a restaurant these days, and then be accused of racism, sexism or whatever else if waiter wasn't pleased with you.
And most eat it up with a spoon.

I vote that she should have to prove she donated the $2000.00 plus to the Wounded Warriors Project that has been given/sent to her.

I'd be looking into what kind of charges I could press.

I first saw it and knew it was a hoax because things like this usually turn out to be a hoax. The handwriting looks different.

People fall for it each time. They seem to believe the accusations without any reservations. Even though there have been other similar questionable cases.
I personally don't find it endearing.

Yep. I would do that too after I first confronted the waitress n restaurant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Uh, I'm so glad HER faith in humanity is restored, because she is helping to destroy everyone else's.

If the restaurant owners don't fire her they are idiots. Who wants to eat at a place where this sort of thing goes on AND waiters threaten to spit in customers food? Sheesh! Heck even if they DO fire her they are going to lose business.

And this place is not cheap...word will get around...menu here: http://gallopbistro.com/?page_id=774

[bbm]

how do any of us know this isn't just all an elaborate hoax put on by the restaurant for publicity? or anyone else - a disgruntled employee, customer ... whatever (not saying that's a likely scenario but we just do not know at this point)

I admit I had a knee-jerk reaction to the original story but now I see people criticizing those who fell for it while making the exact same error themselves of instantly believing the revised story from the family

none of us know the truth yet or which side, if either, is telling the truth

I'm so confused.

I thought the waitress/server made the whole thing up.

I don't understand the animosity towards the family here -- the ones who supposedly didn't leave a tip, but instead, an anti-gay comment..but then it was found to be a hoax, and the family actually did leave a tip, and say that they actually support gay marriage...

What am I missing? Is anyone else confused?

I'm so confused.

I thought the waitress/server made the whole thing up.

I don't understand the animosity towards the family here -- the ones who supposedly didn't leave a tip, but instead, an anti-gay comment..but then it was found to be a hoax, and the family actually did leave a tip, and say that they actually support gay marriage...

What am I missing? Is anyone else confused?

All I know is there is a waitress in jersey that might spit in your food if she suspects you might not agree with her lifestyle.
:fence:

[bbm]

how do any of us know this isn't just all an elaborate hoax put on by the restaurant for publicity? or anyone else - a disgruntled employee, customer ... whatever (not saying that's a likely scenario but we just do not know at this point)

The restaurant putting on a hoax where their servers talk about spitting in the food and they accuse customers of writing nasty insults on checks and not tipping?

You think they would do that for PUBLICITY??

Maybe their cooks could claim they urinate in the food, I bet that would draw even MORE publicity!

Maybe people are just tired of rabble rousers being able to get away with perpetuating a hoax like this....so that when actual discrimination occurs, no one takes it seriously. Rather like the boy who cried wolf.

I, for one, am sick of the displays of mock "injustice".

Actually, some people don't take discrimination against gays seriously because they are homophobic, not because of some hoax.

All I know is there is a waitress in jersey that might spit in your food if she suspects you might not agree with her lifestyle.
:fence:

Well. I'm safe, then, since I have no plans to travel to NJ. As to the lifestyle choices...I'm finding I'm more or less clueless. :D

Actually, some people don't take discrimination against gays seriously because they are homophobic, not because of some hoax.

Ahhh...gotcha. Kind of like a misogynist who scoffs at domestic violence against women.

The restaurant putting on a hoax where their servers talk about spitting in the food and they accuse customers of writing nasty insults on checks and not tipping?

Maybe their cooks could claim they urinate in the food, I bet that would draw even MORE publicity!

it's my understanding that the server talked about spitting in the food after the fact

if a restaurant wants some free publicity, supporting a politically charged issue is the way to go

it could be a myriad of things ... including that a family who refuses to be seen on camera, even though they say they're in the right, is lying now

my point was WE DO NOT KNOW what the real story is but thanks for the sarcasm - that never gets old

it's my understanding that the server talked about spitting in the food after the fact

if a restaurant wants some free publicity, supporting a politically charged issue is the way to go

it could be a myriad of things ... including that a family who refuses to be seen on camera, even though they say they're in the right, is lying now

my point was WE DO NOT KNOW what the real story is but thanks for the sarcasm - that never gets old

Did you watch the interview with the family? It was in their home and they're shown in shadow/silhouette. They turned over their bill and their credit card statement, and they sounded pretty po'd...saying that it's fraud and "disgusting" and they'll never go there again even though they were frequent customers previously. Anything's possible, I suppose, but I doubt they're in on it in this case. jmo

That would make me not want to go there. I would avoid it period.

I wouldn't go to any restaurant where the customers are obviously talked about behind their backs whether it was to draw business or just cause they're catty trouble makers.

I get the impression that when the family thought the hostess said "Dan" and Dayna was their waitress, they made the comment about being surprised (because of misunderstanding the HOSTESS) and Dayna took it to mean more than it did. JMO!

Another fishy thing about this part of the story is that Dana (of which I assume "Dayna" is a variant) has traditionally been a name given to both males and females. So even if the couple took Ms Morales to be male, there was no reason for them to express surprise on hearing her name.

Well, it sounds like they misunderstood her name to be Dan based on hearing the Hostess say it. Dan would sound really a lot like Dayna in a noisy atmosphere -

It seems possible that someone else at the restaurant wrote that on the check. I would be interested in seeing a sample of Dayna's handwriting, though -

Hm. How embarrassing.

Another fishy thing about this part of the story is that Dana (of which I assume "Dayna" is a variant) has traditionally been a name given to both males and females. So even if the couple took Ms Morales to be male, there was no reason for them to express surprise on hearing her name.

The hostess told them their server's name would be Dan, not Dana. Or at least that's what they heard.

jmo

Well, it sounds like they misunderstood her name to be Dan based on hearing the Hostess say it. Dan would sound really a lot like Dayna in a noisy atmosphere -

It seems possible that someone else at the restaurant wrote that on the check. I would be interested in seeing a sample of Dayna's handwriting, though -

Hm. How embarrassing.

Dayna Morales, a Marine and server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., made headlines earlier this month when she posted an anti-gay receipt note on Facebook. In her post, she claimed a family came into the restaurant, called her by the name "Dan" and neglected to leave a tip. She claimed she found a note on their bill, reading, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle & how you live your life."

bbm she took a picture of the receipt and posted it to her fb.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/family-anti-gay-receipt-hoax_n_4343563.html

They said they thought the hostess who sat the family told them their server would be "Dan," and when Morales showed up at their table, the wife exclaimed "whoa, you're not Dan."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gay-Server-Tip-Lifestyle-Receipt-Discrepancy-233040811.html

Dayna Morales, a Marine and server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., made headlines earlier this month when she posted an anti-gay receipt note on Facebook. In her post, she claimed a family came into the restaurant, called her by the name "Dan" and neglected to leave a tip. She claimed she found a note on their bill, reading, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle & how you live your life."

bbm she took a picture of the receipt and posted it to her fb.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/family-anti-gay-receipt-hoax_n_4343563.html

They said they thought the hostess who sat the family told them their server would be "Dan," and when Morales showed up at their table, the wife exclaimed "whoa, you're not Dan."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gay-Server-Tip-Lifestyle-Receipt-Discrepancy-233040811.html

I just watched the last video in this post. That waitress is disgusting to me. Not because of her lifestyle -- but because, when explained the situation (that the couple had copies of their credit card statement that shows they gave a tip), and the reporter asks her (Morales), "Can you see how they would be upset by this?" Morales just shrugs, and has a ignorant look on her face, and says...."Uh...well....I .....guess." She appears to not believe the story. She's like a petulant 2 year old.

All she knows is, she didn't get any tip. Personally, I'd be looking at that manager. Maybe he pocketed the tip. He seemed kind of suspicious to me...."How you know they not make a copy of this??" (Yeah, a quick answer, buddy)..to which the reporter replies, "Because I have a copy of their credit card statement." Amazingly, the manager has no answer to that (at least, not one that we are shown).

And really...Morales was "offended" that they called her Dan? Apparently, the wife, being told the server's name was Dan, upon seeing Danya, or Dana, or whichever her name is, said, "Whoa! You're not "Dan"!" Where is the offense in that?

Something isn't right with this whole situation.

[bbm]

I admit I had a knee-jerk reaction to the original story but now I see people criticizing those who fell for it while making the exact same error themselves of instantly believing the revised story from the family

none of us know the truth yet or which side, if either, is telling the truth

Back on the original thread about this incident, I did a bit of research before posting. The family was already claiming Dayna was lying. I provided a link to the article. I've claimed fraud from day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member