HODGE-PODGE - LISK-related

CHRISTAL JONES 2001

On January 3, Christal Jones, a 16-year-old girl from Burlington, was murdered in New York City. (Burlington Free Press, 2/7/01) According to news reports, she was recruited in Burlington to move to New York and become part of a prostitution ring, and she was motivated by a desire to get money to buy heroin. (WCAX, 2/1/01, Free Press, 2/7/01) When she died, drugs were found in her body, although they were not the cause of her death. (Free Press, 2/7/01) And Christal Jones’ tragedy apparently is not unique – as many as a dozen Vermont girls may have been involved in this New York ring. (Id.) And since her death, others have come forward to say that teenage girls in Burlington are prostituting themselves to get money to buy heroin. (WCAX)

Christal had this man's name tattooed on her body (her stomach) "ROMEO"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53907"]NY NY - Murder of Christal Jones, 16, Bronx, Jan 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

WOODROLPH ROMEO the pimp from Long Island

Woodolph Romeo, 25, of Elmont, L.I. made the 13- and 14-year-old girls have sex with as many as 15 men a night, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown charged.

The unidentified girls were Romeo's virtual slaves from October 2001 until May of this year, working the seedy area on Rockaway Blvd. in Jamaica known as "the track," prosecutors said.

District Attorney Brown identified the defendant as Woodolph Romeo, 25, currently of 2270 Baylis Avenue in Elmont, New York in Nassau County. The defendant pled guilty to Attempted Promoting Prostitution in the Second on November 16, 2004 before Queens Supreme Court Justice Dorothy Chin-Brandt who imposed today’s sentence of two to six years in prison.

http://queensda.org/Press Releases/2005 Press Releases/01-January/01-14-2005.htm

** 2-6 years??!

BEVERLY HOLLAND

Last month, Beverly Holland, 39, was charged in an 11-count federal indictment accusing her of using an apartment in Burlington (VERMONT) to solicit and train girls and young women to work for her as prostitutes in New York, where she rented another apartment.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=89962&page=2

Jurors found Beverly Holland guilty of eight of the 11 original counts of transporting and conspiring to transport and entice adult and juvenile females across state lines to become streetwalkers in the Bronx. Holland faces up to 100 years in prison. She was arrested 48 times in New York City between 1987 and 1994 on prostitution and related charges.

**I'm unsure of Beverly Holland's sentence

VERMONT/NEW HAMPSHIRE/NY

From 1970 to 2004 nearly 30 women vanished in the tiny states of Vermont and New Hampshire. Of that number, 10 eventually were found, most having been brutally murdered. In total, 19 women remain unaccounted for between the two states. By most authoritative counts, there are over 60 unsolved homicides in Vermont and New Hampshire that occurred during that period.

At the same time, Vermont State Police Capt. Bruce Lang, chief criminal investigator of the Criminal Investigation Bureau, said, “There is no serial killer on the loose in the area.”

Jose “Ritchie” Rodriguez, 25, a convicted felon who lived between Vermont and New York, eventually was arrested and charged with operating a prostitution ring and statutory rape. He also was a suspect in the death of a 16-year-old girl, Christal Jean Jones, who at the time was a ward of Vermont’s Social and Rehabilitation Services agency.

http://www.wnd.com/2006/03/35310/

Rodriguez, 26, pleaded guilty in May and is serving a 10-year sentence related to the prostitution ring.

** And, as far as I know Christal's murder remains.... unsolved.

** And, I guess LE still maintains there is no serial killer.

http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2674/UNSOLVED-CHILD-MURDER-CHRISTAL-JEAN-JONES#.Uge8B9KHuSo

** A dozen years pass without many changes.

http://nymag.com/news/features/30018/

Money and drugs almost always serve as the base for these girls making the decision to go into prostitution. Usually it's money for drugs.

Give people the ability to seek rehab instead of prosecution. Legalize prostitution, regulate it, and make tax revenue off of it. That will make it safer for the majority.

Can anyone figure out who owns Big Al's Fitness? I've looked, but keep coming up empty.

I didn't research into it too much just did a quick search. =)

Can't figure how to post link for YouTube trailer as I'm using my Galaxy Note 2.

..movie premieres on 11-12-13 in NYC. There is an unofficial trailer for it on YouTube.

Tix on sale $17+

Announcement online:
World Premiere of THE GILGO BEACH MURDERS, next week, Tuesday, Nov. 12, 7:30 PM in NYC. Come watch the film and hang out with the cast and crew at this very special event.
Timeline Photos · Yesterday at 8:38am ·

wasn't sure if this was posted before about the LISK movie coming in OCT

https://www.facebook.com/liskmovie

WTH...they sound like they are asking people to come out and party!

They are. It isn't a documentary. In IMDB an actor is listed as the 'killer' so I can only assume it is very loosely based on what we discuss on here. Plus we can only imagine the lawsuits from families if the story in the movie was even close to actual events.

For the sake of my sanity, and blood pressure, I'm going to try very hard to forget that this thing exists.

For the sake of my sanity, and blood pressure, I'm going to try very hard to forget that this thing exists.

I don't know. This case seems to be getting pretty cold. I think the SCPD should just arrest the actor who plays the killer and declare this case solved. Close enough, right?

I don't know. This case seems to be getting pretty cold. I think the SCPD should just arrest the actor who plays the killer and declare this case solved. Close enough, right?

Don't give them any ideas!

I honestly hope the release of this flick is all over the newspapers. If anything it will remind people that this is unsolved and a killer is still on the loose. Something needs to stir this up before it gets even colder.

I watched most of the trailer. They certainly didn't have much of a budget, and I have to wonder if anyone in the production company is also involved in low-budget *advertiser censored*?? (Could they know Tony or Big Al and have an inside scoop?)

I watched most of the trailer. They certainly didn't have much of a budget, and I have to wonder if anyone in the production company is also involved in low-budget *advertiser censored*?? (Could they know Tony or Big Al and have an inside scoop?)

I watched the trailer and it made me sick to my stomach.
This man who had the nerve to actually spend money to make this production is absolutely disgusting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back