HODGE-PODGE - LISK-related

Imo, his notably questionable views are arguably due to a combination of confirmation bias and lack of formal forensic psychology training. It reveals itself in his repeated, yet unsupported, sweeping generalizations... for example, in TKS, that serial killers *always* revisit dump sites, that they're territorial, etcetera.

In any event, here is the article about JT's remains.
"These [remains] are so old that roots were growing around the vertebrae and the skull," a source said.

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20110413/NEWS90/110419892

Correct, there is no such thing as an "always" with a serial killer. Perhaps an almost-always. They are fairly territorial in my opinion, meaning they are in the sense where they kill and leave bodies where they are comfortable.

Correct, there is no such thing as an "always" with a serial killer. Perhaps an almost-always. They are fairly territorial in my opinion, meaning they are in the sense where they kill and leave bodies where they are comfortable.

When I first lived in Alaska I went to a “safety session” that the local Fire Rangers would give. A woman in the audience said, “I understand brown bears will attack and black bears will leave you alone.” The ranger looked at her as if she was nuts. He said, “M’am, they are wild animals… you cannot predict what they will do.”

We can study and try to categorize serial killers in order to make them predictable -- but ultimately they are a different species and we don't know what they are going to do.

When I first lived in Alaska I went to a “safety session” that the local Fire Rangers would give. A woman in the audience said, “I understand brown bears will attack and black bears will leave you alone.” The ranger looked at her as if she was nuts. He said, “M’am, they are wild animals… you cannot predict what they will do.”

We can study and try to categorize serial killers in order to make them predictable -- but ultimately they are a different species and we don't know what they are going to do.

One of the first things I learned about the human species about a hundred years ago when I first started nursing school - take these three words out of your vocabulary: never, always, and assume. (although sometimes it's better to "assume the worst first" - my phrase.)

I just joined and I didn't know where to post this...... has anyone thought about whether there was a relationship between ,ex SCPD police chief James Burke and Peter Hackett the suspect who was a police surgeon? Maybe that is why no one is talking. Maybe it is one of their own?

A lot of people have been looking at a connection with Burke and many others whose names popped up on Boards such as this. It would be noteworthy if Burke can be connected to Brewer and Bissett. One person I know has heard Burke had SG's number on his phone.

We know that Burke got very close to a major fat cat. He got wined, dined, and traveled with him. This fellow died and Burke moved right in on the wife. They were an item in the social set, both here and Palm Beach Polo Pony set. That lasted until the woman's friends saw the story about Burke and the Prostitute.

What I find very odd is the people we are talking about all have their names beginning with a "B" - Bissett, Brewer, another "B" with a l of property and businesses throughout LI, and the Big "B" that died.

The Slippery One called Burke always seems to be near the money.

A lot of people have been looking at a connection with Burke and many others whose names popped up on Boards such as this. It would be noteworthy if Burke can be connected to Brewer and Bissett. One person I know has heard Burke had SG's number on his phone.

We know that Burke got very close to a major fat cat. He got wined, dined, and traveled with him. This fellow died and Burke moved right in on the wife. They were an item in the social set, both here and Palm Beach Polo Pony set. That lasted until the woman's friends saw the story about Burke and the Prostitute.

What I find very odd is the people we are talking about all have their names beginning with a "B" - Bissett, Brewer, another "B" with a l of property and businesses throughout LI, and the Big "B" that died.

@Hawkshaw, did you miss another "B", in fact a JB if you will, one who's currently serving time. It is odd a lot of leads centre around "JB", just a quirk of coincidence.

Interestingly there is another 'JB' I found through archives and it is Joseph and Nicholas Brooks, Joseph was an award winning producer in New York, but was charged with 11 but it was founded he attacked more than 100 women using Craigslist and also used prostitutes for many years.
Nicholas Brooks, his son who many others said was severely abused by dad, the father getting prostitutes together with son since age 14, kept him from his mother. The son strangled a short term girlfriend after drugging her. He used many prostitutes. He was known as pretty messed up from his upbringing, vacant..empty.
The father committed suicide and the son in jail 25-life. The timeline could fit either two as the killer. The son for GB4. The father could be all if connected.

Brooks was born Joseph Kaplan[SUP][1][/SUP] on March 11, 1938 in Manhattan, and grew up in Manhattan and Lawrence, Long Island, New York.[SUP][3][/SUP]

In June 2009, Brooks was arrested on charges of raping or sexually assaulting eleven women lured to his East Side apartment from 2005 to 2008. His female assistant, Shawni Lucier, was charged with helping him.[SUP][24][/SUP] At least four of the women accused him of sexual assault. He allegedly lured the women to his apartment to audition for movie roles.[SUP][25][/SUP]According to Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau, the women responded to a notice that Brooks had posted on Craigslist seeking attractive women to star in movie roles, and flew to New York from Pacific Coast states or Florida, usually at Brooks' expense.[SUP][26][/SUP]
He was indicted on June 23, 2009. He was to be tried in the state Supreme Court for Manhattan (a trial-level court) on 91 counts of rape, sexual abuse, criminal sexual act, assault, and other charges.[SUP][26][/SUP] In December 2009, prosecutors indicated that they would ask the grand jury to consider adding even more charges, in part because "additional victims" had come forward.[SUP][27][/SUP] However, Brooks died on May 22, 2011, before he could be tried.

At the time of Brooks' death, Nicholas, a former student at the University of Colorado, was awaiting trial in New York City, charged with the murder of his girlfriend, swimwear designer Sylvie Cachay, in a Soho House hotel room on December 9, 2010.[SUP][7]

Ties to hurting women, ties to prostitution, and ties to Long Island. One can imagine if he was assaulting non working girls, he may have gone further with working girls. It is odd that there were so many 'JBs' in New York at that time who were messed up and suspicious characters.

[/SUP]

Not sure of the correct thread to post this, but concerning LISK operating in other areas like Kentucky.
Also posted this in missing woman, Crystal Hall's ( mp 2009) thread..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?81569-KY-Crystal-Gayle-Hall-(Branham)-24-Pikeville-1-March-2009&p=12998392#post12998392

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ikeville-1-March-2009&p=12998392#post12998392
https://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ce-since-2009/
attachment.php

Where are these six beautiful petite women, how could they just disappear, no cell phone activity, no credit card activity, nothing. It appears that the families of the missing women, Crystal Hall, Paige Johnson, Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, Kateyln Markham and Karen Swift, are in the dark about any leads in their cases from the cops, See CNN headline news VIDEO CLICK HERE
Dates & times when the six petite young women were reported missing and/or abducted;
1). Karen Swift………..Sunday @ 5:00 am October 30th 2011 Dyersburg TN…5′ 5″tall & 136 lbs
2). Kate Markham….Saturday @ 11:00 pm August 13th 2011 Fairfield OH…..5′ 3″ tall & 128 lbs
3). Lauren Spierer …Friday @ 4:30 am June 3rd 2011 Bloomington IN……….5′ 0″ tall & 90 lbs
4). Holly Bobo ……….Wednesday @ 7:40 am April 13th 2011 Darden TN………5′ 3″ tall & 110 lbs
5). Paige Johnson …Thursday @ 1:00 am Sept 23rd 2010 Florence KY……….5′ 1″ tall & 110 lbs
6). Crystal Hall………Tuesday March 3rd, 2009, Pikeville KY…………………..5′ 3″ tall & 105 lbs.

To put the distances between the 6 abducted petite women in perspective, it is only 30 miles from Florence KY to Fairfield OH, it is only 80 miles from Darden TN to Dyersburg TN, it is only 130 miles between Bloomington IN and Florence KY and the same for Fairfield OH.

For some reason all the dates when the six petite women go missing have a 3 in it, like the 3rd, the 13th, the 23rd and the 30th, also the 3rd and the 13th are repeated twice, very odd?

@Hawkshaw, did you miss another "B", in fact a JB if you will, one who's currently serving time. It is odd a lot of leads centre around "JB", just a quirk of coincidence.
Yes, the JB doing time is not one I know about. Please advise.

Burke always seems to be around when a gal's life is turned around. He tries to zoom in on a gal that ran with a pack of criminals after one of the guys had an attempt on his life and skipped to Florida.

The other "B" guy was a very wealthy and influential LI businessman. You see his properties all over LI. He took Jimmy under his wing and introduced him to all sorts of players. Jimmy starts hobnobbing with the guy and his lovely wife. The man dies, and who is there to console the wife? Jimmy, of course. He is bouncing all over the Globe with her. Palm Beach for the Polo games. Jim is with all the swells - A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Then the story about Jimmy and his girlfriend Lowrita hit the papers. All the Swells see the story and the widow B gets a call. And that is the end of that story.

I just joined and I didn't know where to post this...... has anyone thought about whether there was a relationship between ,ex SCPD police chief James Burke and Peter Hackett the suspect who was a police surgeon? Maybe that is why no one is talking. Maybe it is one of their own?

Welcome to WS! It has been established in earlier (circa 2011) threads that Burke, Hackett (as SCPD ME), and Hackett's next door neighbor at Oak Beach, whose initials are also JB (rhymes with Drunkard), were all working at SCPD at some point in their careers and probably at the same time. If you watched TKS (Ep 3, I believe) and the interview with Scalise Senior and Jr., they state that CPH had ties to politicians and higher ups. Coincidentally, an ex-poster on WS (IIRC he had a fishy handle) also pointed out that CPH, in the capacity of SCPD Chief ME, would know Burke as they worked major cases together back in the day.

The other "B" guy was a very wealthy and influential LI businessman. You see his properties all over LI.

For those of us who have never stepped foot in Long Island, could you please provide a more elaborative HINT?

Welcome to WS! It has been established in earlier (circa 2011) threads that Burke, Hackett (as SCPD ME), and Hackett's next door neighbor at Oak Beach, whose initials are also JB (rhymes with Drunkard), were all working at SCPD at some point in their careers and probably at the same time. If you watched TKS (Ep 3, I believe) and the interview with Scalise Senior and Jr., they state that CPH had ties to politicians and higher ups. Coincidentally, an ex-poster on WS (IIRC he had a fishy handle) also pointed out that CPH, in the capacity of SCPD Chief ME, would know Burke as they worked major cases together back in the day.

I don't believe a thing JR says since he can't even own up to his username around the LISK related sites. He's just an attention seeker.

Whilst i thought it was odd he wouldn't admit to it, perhaps he genuinely feels threatened by the fact he may be outed. Its only a forum for goodness sake.

I do agree though, a lot of what he contributed appeared to be just hear'say or runour.

Whilst i thought it was odd he wouldn't admit to it, perhaps he genuinely feels threatened by the fact he may be outed. Its only a forum for goodness sake.

I do agree though, a lot of what he contributed appeared to be just hear'say or runour.

What I found from listening to him was not one part of his obsession (newspaper clippings all over walls) befriending these killers was to benefit the victims or families. He did not profile, gather clues and evidence, discovery, or anything related. He mentioned how enamored he is of these deviants. I find that morbid and it makes me wonder what ticks beneath. Is there a potential for harm.

Also, would he aide or help these killers if asked?

What I found from listening to him was not one part of his obsession (newspaper clippings all over walls) befriending these killers was to benefit the victims or families. He did not profile, gather clues and evidence, discovery, or anything related. He mentioned how enamored he is of these deviants. I find that morbid and it makes me wonder what ticks beneath. Is there a potential for harm.

Also, would he aide or help these killers if asked?
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about flukeyou aka 'supposedly' as JS Jr. He never confirmed it.

I was wondering if by admitting to it he feared for his safety, which was odd considering he went on TV and aired his claims anyway.

If it wasn't him why not just say no rather than 'i'd rather not say'. It was just odd all round to me.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about flukeyou aka 'supposedly' as JS Jr. He never confirmed it.

I was wondering if by admitting to it he feared for his safety, which was odd considering he went on TV and aired his claims anyway.

If it wasn't him why not just say no rather than 'i'd rather not say'. It was just odd all round to me.

There are so many obscure POIs, I misidentified. I read a forum about Fluke and still do not understand who he is. I saw on the show the very odd expression when questioned at the end of the interview. On the forum, there seemed to be people who knew one another and everyone was arguing and nothing made any sense.

There are so many obscure POIs, I misidentified. I read a forum about Fluke and still do not understand who he is. I saw on the show the very odd expression when questioned at the end of the interview. On the forum, there seemed to be people who knew one another and everyone was arguing and nothing made any sense.

It was relentless, pointless digital warfare between neighbors for a period of time. It was more like a daytime soap opera (the sands of OB) than a true crime sleuthing forum. You've arrived just in time for LISK 2.0.

It was relentless, pointless digital warfare between neighbors for a period of time. It was more like a daytime soap opera (the sands of OB) than a true crime sleuthing forum. You've arrived just in time for LISK 2.0.

:D Thank you for the laugh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288