Holland Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion*

Discussion in 'International Case Index' started by imamaze, May 9, 2013.

1. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Links to Holland cases on Websleuths

Add headline of case with a link to the case where its being discussed on Websleuths

2. Loading...

3. Jo99

Jo99 New Member

Is it possible to feature the cold case of Cassandra van Schaik from Almere? I'm not related to or do not know anyone connected to it, but this case really grabbed me. I really want it solved. I went through all the information including forums etc, sort of trying to solve this case on my own, with a local map in my hand, tracking the places etc. Had my own theory which later proved to be what other's think too. Maybe there is international aspect to it, at least I think it deserves a try. It will require lot of translations of the materials about it but I can do that. Not sure if there will be anyone interested on here, because it's mostly US but who knows...

4. Muy Curioso

Muy Curioso Member

Can you provide a link with english information? Or maybe you can briefly explain the case here or send me a message. I am interested.

5. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anything in English, but here's the complete public police file about her case in Dutch. http://www.politie.nl/gezocht/dossiers/2013/03-cassandra-van-schaijk.html

She went missing in March 2007 after going to a concert. Her body was found a few weeks later in a lake near her hometown. Witnesses say she was under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs (a wrapper with unspecified narcotics was found on her) and she spoke with two men at a bus station. They think she went with these men (they 'offered her a ride'), because she missed the last bus. These men never came forward.

That's it in a nutshell really...

6. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

7. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

8. Jo99

Jo99 New Member

Here's the link to the official Facebook website:
    https://m.facebook.com/ColdcaseCassandraVanSchaijk
    It is in Dutch, hosted by the Dutch police therefore official.
    The case is from 2007 about then 17 year old Cassandra who didn't come home after the night out at the disco club. Three months later her body was found in the water in nature area of the city. There is CCTV footage of 2 persons of interest as well as witnesses description (very basic). The case is still actively investigated by the police, although it's a cold case. This case gripped hearts of many people and is very mysterious. Several documentaries were made for tv (all in Dutch). My thinking is that it's possible that the person's involved might be put of the country as they were not from Dutch origin.
    I can try to translate the dossier to English and publish here. I started thinking about this case a lot when I found out about it, had my own little theories what and where could have happened, later some of my theories were shared by the journalists who came to similar conclusions. That's how I became a sleuth even though I didn't know it at that time :)
    I really want justice, I still think there is hope that this case will be ever solved.

9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

10. dutchhelp

dutchhelp New Member