Match! Holloway-Taylor, Joy born 9/15/1915 Found 9/17/2010 # 185

If I have the right Joy Holloway Taylor of Michigan, then this case file confuses me because it is listed for a male and the records I can find are for a female, including this birth record (same birthdate, but listed as female).

If I am correct, her mother is Cora Bliss Taylor (1889-1986), a locally well-known artist in Saugatuck, MI who ran an art school. If you do an internet search on her, there are quite a few people who have posted their memories of her.

Joy Holloway Taylor herself has several copyrighted art works and there are people still looking for her works.

In her mother's artist biography on this site, another daughter named JTB of Lenexa, KS is mentioned. I believe she is married to BB and lives in Overland Park, KS.

Finally, on this site, BM says Cora Bliss Taylor is his great-grandmother and leaves an email so perhaps there is a connection that can be made there.

I have found that people entering into NamUs are not always 100% accurate. With the first name of Joy, born in 1915, it is most likely a female. Please PM raine with the information you have found. Which is very interesting, by the way.

Raine, can we ask the ME if the gender is listed correctly? If not, then it makes sense to bring up the information found?

In her mother's artist biography on this site, another daughter named JTB of Lenexa, KS is mentioned. I believe she is married to BB and lives in Overland Park, KS.

I think I have a phone number and address in Overland Park, KS for this other daughter - and potential sister of Joy Holloway Taylor.

PM'ing raine and NM the information.

Happy to hear this! Thanks for taking my research and making sure it was acted upon, raine! :)

Great job everyone!!!​

1sm180congrat.gif

www.photobucket.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member