Holly Bobo Case Status Hearings, 12/17/2014

From JB:

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 23s 23 seconds ago

District Attorney Matt Stowe to Judge McGinley about the evidence:

"We hope to present you with a very clear picture." #HollyBobo

Brittany Nicholson ‏@WBBJ7Brittany · 6m6 minutes ago
Judge grants all three men more time to furnish an alibi, if they have one. #HollyBobo

From JB:

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · now

Jason Autry and Dylan Adams will appear in court again on Jan. 14.

Zach Adams will appear again on Jan. 21 #HollyBobo

:dunno: I am left with an uneasy feeling. Sort of disappointed in the State. I really really hope they don't screw up this case. :gavel:

The cameraman was zooming in and out so fast I got a little dizzy. Who is the woman in the black leather jacket?

Proper attire in a courtroom does not include jeans.

Thanks everybody for the posts and tweets!

From WSMV:

Zach Adams leaves the courtroom on Wednesday morning.

6239606_G.jpg

Jason Autry enters the courtroom.

6239899_G.jpg

Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27650560/suspects-in-holly-bobo-case-appear-in-court

From NC5:

Attorneys For Holly Bobo Suspects Plan To Ask For Change Of Venue

The attorneys for both of the suspects in the Holly Bobo murder case said they plan to file requests for a change of venue.

During a hearing Wednesday in Decatur County, Zach Adams appeared first with his attorney. The state said they planned to try him first.

Attorneys for both Adams and Jason Autry said they will ask the judge for a change of venue when the trial date is set.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Hearing-For-Holly-Bobo-Suspects-286080801.html

From NC5:

Zach Adams' brother, Dylan Adams, was also in court Wednesday. He has been charged with two counts of rape of Holly Bobo. The judge said his case was different because he was only indicted in October.

Another court date was set for January 14 for both Jason Autry and Dylan Adams. Zach Adams' next court date was moved to January 21 due to scheduling conflicts for his attorney.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Hearing-For-Holly-Bobo-Suspects-286080801.html

From WKRN:

3 Holly Bobo suspects in Decatur County court Wednesday

A visibly frustrated Judge Creed McGinley scolded prosecutors and defense attorneys in the Holly Bobo kidnapping and murder case in court.

Zach Adams, his little brother Dylan, and Jason Autry all appeared in the Decatur County court room Wednesday for a final hearing. It is the last time attorneys can file motions in the case.

Judge McGinley said his scheduling order, which sets the pace for the cases to move toward trial, has been largely disregarded.

image3.gif

Decatur County, Tenn.

Link: http://wkrn.com/2014/12/17/3-holly-bobo-suspects-in-decatur-county-court-wednesday/

The right to a fair and speedy trial is one of the most basic that our judicial system offers. IMO The "change of venue" should have been done long ago. Whether or not these men are guilty, their rights are being abused. Delay after delay - for what?

I also think the extra security outside the court was overboard and serves to further bias potential jurors against the accused. (they are still accused, not convicted). On what evidence (besides hearsay ((informant testimony)) are they being held? This should have been given to the defense team so that they have time to prepare a defense!

Wow - just wow over this whole three ring circus. My heart is heavy for Holly's family, that they should have to wait for all this time to even hear what evidence the state has!!!

<walking away> disgusting mockery

From Jordan Buie
Crime/Breaking News Reporter at The Tennessean

Jordan Buie retweeted Megan Smith @megan_kristin · 60m 60 minutes ago

Jason Autry, Zach & Dylan Adams appear in Decatur Co. court in #HollyBobo case.

@JSunNews @Tennessean @JordanBuie

B5EuXe1CcAEdQ6E.jpg:large

From Jordan Buie:

Jordan Buie retweeted Nichole Manna @NicholeManna · 2h 2 hours ago

Autry's attorney said he doesn't believe the new DA's office understands what they do/don't have as far as evidence. #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie retweeted Nichole Manna @NicholeManna · 2h 2 hours ago

Franks said the death penalty is part of the discussion. Judge says no motion has been made asking for death penalty. #hollybobo @JSunNews

I have been very leery of this DA all along, and even more so now. He talks a good game, but talk is cheap, and the actions continue to raise lots of questions.

The right to a fair and speedy trial is one of the most basic that our judicial system offers. IMO The "change of venue" should have been done long ago. Whether or not these men are guilty, their rights are being abused. Delay after delay - for what?

I also think the extra security outside the court was overboard and serves to further bias potential jurors against the accused. (they are still accused, not convicted). On what evidence (besides hearsay ((informant testimony)) are they being held? This should have been given to the defense team so that they have time to prepare a defense!

Wow - just wow over this whole three ring circus. My heart is heavy for Holly's family, that they should have to wait for all this time to even hear what evidence the state has!!!

<walking away> disgusting mockery

Have these defendants even requested a speedy trial? Its only a constitutional right if it is exercised by the defendants/attorneys. The request has to be made by their attorneys. Evidently they did not seek a speedy trial which is also their right to do. In most cases of this magnitude the defense attorneys ask for repeated delays hoping the publicity and passions will subside some in the general public. I haven't seen where any defense attorney has asked the Judge for a speedy trial. Many inmates prefer to stay in jail as long as they can rather than speeding up the process, and if convicted, being transferred to a maximum security prison.

Change of venue is usually decided close in time to the trial date which one has not been set yet. I really don't know where they can try this case in Tennessee since it is one of the most publicized cases in their history. I think it would be much more cost effective if the Judge brought jurors in to that county from another county. That way transporting the defendants and witnesses a long way wouldn't be necessary nor would they have to put the witnesses up in a hotel. Also the entire DAs team, Presiding Judge, and DT would also have to have lodging provided if the trial is moved.

I don't find anything wrong with making sure all of these defendants are safe when coming into and leaving court. The police knows why security was tight and necessary. These three aren't the most liked people anyway.

I really don't find the delay in this case any different than other cases which are not even this involved. It hasn't even been a year yet since they were arrested and DA was recently arrested for his charges.

If Stowe does decide he is going for the death penalty on the two main suspects then I don't think this case will come to trial even in 2015.

Casey Anthony's case took over three years.
Jodi Arias' case took 5 years before she was convicted and is still ongoing 6 years after murdering Travis.
Guy Heinz Jr's mass murder case took four years to come to trial.

I have been very leery of this DA all along, and even more so now. He talks a good game, but talk is cheap, and the actions continue to raise lots of questions.

Yup! I am starting to think this DA's big talk was all an act to get people to turn over on each other, because there is a real lack of evidence.

Have any of the defense attorneys filed motions for discovery prior to this hearing?

Brittany Nicholson &#8207;@WBBJ7Brittany · 3m3 minutes ago
Judge tells Dylan same thing he told Autry. You will be present any time I discuss your case. #HollyBobo

I don't understand this. Aren't suspects allowed private time with their attorneys? I thought that was their legal right?

ETA: I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote where he asked to meet alone with his client, without LE and the attorney was told NO.

Defense attorney is asking the judge to make an order to allow him to speak to his client without the presence of LE. Judge is saying he can't do that.

This is the question. Why can't judge allow hat?

My guess is that the TBI have royally bolted the investigation to the point where the prosecution has been compromised, and this is being done for political purposes so that the public knows exactly who is to blame. Otherwise taking such a drastic step seems a massive over reaction, particularly with a major trial coming up where TBI agents would have to be called as witnesses unless they elect to re-analyze everything.

The extra security could be because they are going to dismiss the charges, and they don't want a lynching happening afterwards, maybe.

Guess we will find out shortly.

I've never known of the TBI to overact on anything?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back