Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if autopsy results were ever released for SA?

I dont think they have because i did try searching for them and didnt find any updates yet.

It would be interesting if we could read the results somewhere once we can find them.

If he died of a gunshot then I suppose the only things to look for on the body that may lend itself to something other than suicide is if there were other bruises, cuts, scrapes or something like that which could indicate he was in some sort of struggle with someone.

:seeya:

Nope, the autopsy results have not been released.

JMO but I don't think they will ever be released :gaah: !

:thinking: Actually nothing important has been released in this case :gaah: !

Sure wish we would learn something ... anything ...

:moo:

I believe it is just as important what is NOT being said as it is what IS. Zachery Adams attorney has had very little to say about NO evidence connecting him to the crimes. The charges against Zach Adams are the only thing keeping him in jail with no bond, for now over a year. If there is absolutely no evidence against him any defense attorney worth their salt would not stand for it and be screaming in every Court to free him at least on bond plus filing civil rights violations.

Jason Autry is being held on Federal sentences so his civil rights IMO are not being violated, plus he gets free field trips to the courthouse and his concrete carpet walks for the media. Also when Mr. Long was representing Vandenburg in the Vandy rape trial I lost track of the number of times he requested charges to be dismissed. Even after the videotape was played for the Jury. So I don't get wound up about his asking for them here as well.

Dylan Adams made a confession of rape so he is reaping what he sowed.

But all in all Zach Adams attorney has had the least to say.

JMO's

I believe it is just as important what is NOT being said as it is what IS. Zachery Adams attorney has had very little to say about NO evidence connecting him to the crimes.

Are you sure? Hasn't he filed one or more (still unaddressed) motions for dismissal based on failure to disclose? Hasn't he argued that point in court?

I believe Mr. Long has filed several on behalf of Autry but to my knowledge Ms. Thompson has not for Zach Adams. She mentioned in court that she had gotten little discovery. Unless I have missed something she has given no interviews or made reference to no evidence to substantiate Zach being held for over a year with no bond. Leads me to believe there must be something there.

Some attorneys justify the billable hours they charge by the papers and motions they file and some do not.

JMO's

Also when Mr. Long was representing Vandenburg in the Vandy rape trial I lost track of the number of times he requested charges to be dismissed. Even after the videotape was played for the Jury. So I don't get wound up about his asking for them here as well.

It's important to note that defense attorneys have to request that kind of thing to preserve the issue for appeal. If they don't object to things and move to dismiss during the trial they can't claim that the court erred later on. So in other words, it's a procedural thing rather than any sort of character trait of Mr. Long. All good defense attorneys move to dismiss during the trial at the same rate Long does.

I believe Mr. Long has filed several on behalf of Autry but to my knowledge Ms. Thompson has not for Zach Adams. She mentioned in court that she had gotten little discovery. Unless I have missed something she has given no interviews or made reference to no evidence to substantiate Zach being held for over a year with no bond. Leads me to believe there must be something there.

Respectfully, the record in court, and in the media, is exactly the opposite of what you are claiming here. And note the judge in the case saying the discovery is not being done as legally required, so the idea this is just an idle defense ploy claim is silly. (Don't forget he was so incensed that he ordered a 'bill of particulars" from the state, which they promised and then went into their "change the prosecutor" stall using the manufactured drama versus the TBI.)

Here's a sample. There's plenty more, including details of the court hearing in December, more interviews and at least one more motion filed in April, but imo this should be enough to prove the point that Adams is singing the same tune as Autry is.

1/2/2015

http://wkrn.com/2015/01/01/defense-attorneys-ask-for-dismissal-of-charges-in-bobo-case/

"Attorneys for two suspects accused of kidnapping and murdering Holly Bobo are asking for the charges to be dismissed.

The motion filed by attorneys Fletcher Long and Jennifer Thompson says they have yet to see a bill of particulars, or a detailed account of why Jason Autry and Zach Adams have been charged."

"Due to the lack of evidence being turned over to them, Long and Thompson are requesting charges be dismissed.

They further request the state of Tennessee be ordered to pay the defense teams’ fees “for being forced to file and argue this motion

"Judge Creed McGinley also expressed concern that key evidence had yet to been provided to defense attorneys."

1/23/2015, New York Times

Authorities say they have completed their analysis of more than 460 pieces of evidence in the case of a woman whose partial remains were found three years after her disappearance, possibly bringing defense attorneys a step closer to seeing how prosecutors have linked their clients to her.

Two men, Zachary Adams and Jason Autry, were arrested last spring and charged with murder and kidnapping in the case of Holly Bobo, a nursing student who was 20 when she disappeared from her house in April 2011. In October, John Dylan Adams was charged with raping Bobo. All have pleaded not guilty.

No trial has been set and the defendants' lawyers have filed a motion to dismiss the charges. The attorneys said they had not received any evidence linking their clients to the crime. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesman Josh DeVine said Thursday that some hair samples have been sent to the FBI for testing, but the TBI has analyzed all the evidence it has received.

Still, it was unclear when the defense would receive any information. District Attorney Matt Stowe told The Associated Press that they would get the evidence they're requesting "at some point."

Jennifer Lynn Thompson, Adams' attorney, says state prosecutors have not even told her who found Bobo's remains or where they were found.

"I do not understand what is happening," Thompson said. "I have never before been involved in a case where there is no information about why my client was charged."

In the motion to dismiss, Thompson and Fletcher Long, Autry's lawyer, asked the judge to force prosecutors to produce "all dental record analysis and forensic studies" performed on the skull.

Thanks SteveS :goodpost: Wow! - what a mess this sad case has turned into, IMO.

If a motion to dismiss were filed on behalf of Zach Adams then why is it not being discussed at the upcoming June 3rd hearing? I have never heard a Judge state on record that an attorney should feel "flattered" that a motion to remove them has been filed. IMO that's silly.

I've watched pretty much every hearing even before going to print. The statements made and opinions are based on that. The fact that we at WS use the media as the threshold to the truth can sometimes lead us to confusing facts. I am sometimes amused by watching an actual trial or hearing and then see how it is paraphrased by the various outlets.

If you want know what I find silly is the fact that both Adams and Autry were processed in the Judicial system in TN for over a decade of offenses escalating to where we are now. Prior charges each ending with plea deals along with reduced charges. The fact that they were even free to run the streets when this even happened. They should both have had strong alibis, by being in prison already.

Judge McGinley responded, “It occurs to me you should feel flattered that they are trying as hard as they are to remove you from the case

All three men are due back in court June 3, during which a request to throw out the case against Autry is expected to be discussed.

http://wkrn.com/2015/04/15/brothers-charged-in-holly-bobo-case-appear-in-court-wednesday/

If a motion to dismiss were filed on behalf of Zach Adams then why is it not being discussed at the upcoming June 3rd hearing? I have never heard a Judge state on record that an attorney should feel "flattered" that a motion to remove them has been filed. IMO that's silly.

I've watched pretty much every hearing even before going to print. The statements made and opinions are based on that. The fact that we at WS use the media as the threshold to the truth can sometimes lead us to confusing facts. I am sometimes amused by watching an actual trial or hearing and then see how it is paraphrased by the various outlets.

If you want know what I find silly is the fact that both Adams and Autry were processed in the Judicial system in TN for over a decade of offenses escalating to where we are now. Prior charges each ending with plea deals along with reduced charges. The fact that they were even free to run the streets when this even happened. They should both have had strong alibis, by being in prison already.

Judge McGinley responded, “It occurs to me you should feel flattered that they are trying as hard as they are to remove you from the case.”

All three men are due back in court June 3, during which a request to throw out the case against Autry is expected to be discussed.

http://wkrn.com/2015/04/15/brothers-charged-in-holly-bobo-case-appear-in-court-wednesday/

It sounds like the Judge has no intentions of dismissing the cases.

Now that this issue has been settled by the Judge the pace should pick up dramatically.

Now that this issue has been settled by the Judge the pace should pick up dramatically.

Missed you Oceans. Hope you are well.

I'd like to make one point clear. I do not in anyway underestimate F. Long as an attorney. He is good. In the Vandy trial had not the local LEO gotten the video and electronic evidence, those guys would be playing football this season IMO. Mr. Long disputed findings by TBI in about three questions. The TBI had not any evidence against the defendants.

Difference being local LEO does not have the type of local investigation as was true in that case. Bringing this case to trial had better have it all in order and not rely totally on TBI as Stowe has pointed to.

JMO's

If a motion to dismiss were filed on behalf of Zach Adams then why is it not being discussed at the upcoming June 3rd hearing?

I suspect it will be.

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the court records, to see what is pending. So we're at the mercy of what is said by reporters.

Nevertheless, we can see the landscape. If the DA has not been meeting the duty to disclose (which, based on the varying sources, is not really in question), basic competence would ensure her filing a motion to dismiss. The repeated evidence is that both defendants have raised multiple objections including motions to dismiss, and either we look for the court to only address one of them on 6/3, or the wording by the reporter was a bit flawed. I suspect the latter is true.

If you think it's a biggie and want to double-check, you should be able to go to the courthouse and get better info, if you're local. I am not, but I know we'll see on 6/3.

Of course the judge doesn't want to dismiss the case, especially on a technicality. He is an elected politician, and it would be political suicide to do that given the popular interest in the case. He is also a former prosecutor and could be expected to generally favor the position taken by the prosecution when it comes to motions. Prosecutors are given much more discretion in their behavior than the defense in most courts, particularly if the defendants are not wealthy or powerful.

The sorts of motions currently filed by the defense are not going to fly simply for that reason. The defense knows that, but they are making their position regarding the antics of the prosecutors known in the event that an appeal has to be filed sometime later on down the road.

A dismissal becomes more of a real possibility when they start to get down to the sufficiency of the evidence. At that point it would become a matter of law and the political fallout of a dismissal will be significantly less since it won't be seen by the electorate as a rogue judge but rather as a failed prosecution.

The optics are everything in a case like this.

From News Channel 5 -- Fletcher Long is JA's attorney:

A jury began deliberations in a court case involving Attorney Fletcher Long.

Long and former colleague Carrie Gasaway have been accused of pressuring a client for more money, then having her arrested when she didn't pay.

The jury got the case around 2:40 p.m. Monday and went into recess almost seven hours later around 9:15 p.m.

Link: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newscha...-Indicted-Over-Billing-Dispute-303361311.html

WOW !

Attorneys Found Guilty In Felony Extortion Case

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A high-profile defense attorney in the Holly Bobo case has been found guilty in a felony extortion case involving a billing dispute with a client.

Attorney Fletcher Long and former colleague, Carrie Gasaway, were accused of pressuring a client for more money, then having her arrested when she didn't pay.

The jury got the case around 2:40 p.m. Monday and went into recess almost seven hours later around 9:15 p.m. The unanimous verdict was handed down shortly before 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.

More at Link: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newscha...uilty-In-Felony-Extortion-Case-303498941.html

WOW !

Attorneys Found Guilty In Felony Extortion Case

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A high-profile defense attorney in the Holly Bobo case has been found guilty in a felony extortion case involving a billing dispute with a client.

Attorney Fletcher Long and former colleague, Carrie Gasaway, were accused of pressuring a client for more money, then having her arrested when she didn't pay.

The jury got the case around 2:40 p.m. Monday and went into recess almost seven hours later around 9:15 p.m. The unanimous verdict was handed down shortly before 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.

More at Link: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newscha...uilty-In-Felony-Extortion-Case-303498941.html

I am just so upset right now!!!! Just when is there going to be JUSTICE for Holly!! I'm sure this will prolong the case somehow!

Tweets From Chris Conte @ NC5:

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 36m 36 minutes ago

#BREAKING A verdict has been reached in the felony extortion case against Fletcher Long and Carrie Gasaway @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 30m 30 minutes ago

Jury has unanimous verdict against Fletcher Long @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 27m 27 minutes ago

#BREAKING Jury finds Fletcher Long guilty of extortion @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 26m 26 minutes ago

Fletcher Long and Carrie Gasaway look stunned as both are found guilty of felony extortion @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 25m 25 minutes ago

Fletcher Long will now likely be disbarred by the state after being found guilty of a felony, major #HollyBobo case implications @NC5

I am just so upset right now!!!! Just when is there going to be JUSTICE for Holly!! I'm sure this will prolong the case somehow!

:seeya: Yes, it will definitely delay delay delay Holly's case !

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

From Fox 17 in Nashville:

00ALS2Um.jpg

A jury found two well-known Middle Tennessee attorneys on Tuesday guilty of extortion after being accused of having a client arrested when she didn't give in to pressure to pay them more in legal fees.

Clarksville attorneys Fletcher Long and Carrie Gasaway were each charged with one count of extortion.

More at Link: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/...orneys-Found-Guilty-of-Extortion-130239.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member