Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. I am a firm believer that cases should be tried in the courtroom instead of in the public. By not releasing any evidence it not only gives Holly a better chance of receiving the justice she deserves, but it also diminishes the defendant's appellate issues if he is convicted.

And the 27 volumes amassed over a three year time period is not going to be just pertaining to Adams exclusively. It includes everything that was done from beginning to end during the long three year investigation. It is going to be filled with all the interviews they conducted which I think is a vast amount. Leads and tips they received, and followed up on with the results notated. Whether the investigation at the beginning was about Adams is irrelevant when it comes to the 27 volumes of discovery. It just means he will be in there somewhere along with the entire investigation being done. The DA is required to turnover all discovery. That means everything and every interview LE conducted throughout including any other search warrants that transpired. The defense team gets the whole enchilada.

If, during some of the interviews, the person(s) named another possible suspect(s), then that is the type of information Adams attorney is looking for because they can try to point to some other dude did it.

So the entire folders aren't going to just pertain to Adams only. The one thing it does show though is the TBI never let go of investigating Holly's case even though it took them three years to finally arrest the suspect.

The main point that is the most important to me is they now have arrested/charged the suspect and he is off the streets where he cant harm another victim.

Would it have been better if they had arrested him in 2011? Of course it would,, but the wheels of justice moves slowly sometime, but the wheel does keep rolling even if it isn't at the speed we would like to see.

IMO

Good point I guess, no real reason to speculate on what was or was not done by LE. Whatever the reason they didn't have enough evidence and or a solid lead to find Holly or search/arrest ZA in connection with, or they would have.

I would like to know if he had tickets to the concert in VA when Morgan went missing.

Anyway, it was just a point I was trying to make that if Adams was their POI 3 years ago , and they had collected all this voluminous evidence against him, I think it was clearly unjust to the family to be continuously having to defend Clint and Drew from the public's suspicions. Yes, I was one of those who could not eliminate Clint as being involved and I was the first to apologize when the announcement was made that Adams was arrested for Holly's kidnapping and murder.

Good point. I also am guilty of suspecting/speculating on family member involvement. I feel like the only good thing that can come out of this is a lesson to all always be vigilant when it comes to protecting our loved ones. I hope that doesn't get lost. Even if the guilty person/people are held accountable, nothing can undo, nothing can bring back at daughter and a sister. Horrible situation for the Bobo family.

Imo, along with increased awareness, TN Governor Haslam's Public Safety Law and the 10/01/2001 TN Familial DNA Law were two additional positives which resulted from the HB tragedy. Imo, once info is eventually released during trial, we will find that the familial dna law will have played a very significant role in solving the HB investigation.

Hopefully many lessons were learned by the local rural PDs and Sheriffs Departments, and better abduction response training initiated, as well as a pre-abduction plan in place to effectively utilize all available resources, in case of future abductions..
As history has shown, there will be others...

I would like to know if he had tickets to the concert in VA when Morgan went missing.

Cherry, the predator that abducted/murdered Morgan Harrington is a black male serial rapist. The FBI has his DNA when it was linked to another rape victim via VICAP/CODIS. The perp has yet to be identified or located. There is a sketch available..

DNA Links Second Abduction-Rape to Morgan Harrington
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dna-links-abduction-morgan-harrington/story?id=12080850

Can a Family Members DNA solve Morgan Harrington's murder? <Familial DNA>
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups...rs-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12

If true..and apparently at least locally in the Darden TN area "rumors" about ZA have swirled from the beginning, how is it possible to let him walk for 3 years with doing something to get a SW to retrieve evidence. OK lets assume that TBI has ZA in there "sites" Easter 2011. They don't move in right away because they are concerned that he has Holly alive and in a secret location which if they arrest him they may not be able to locate, so they use some secret squirrel technology(drone?) to track his every movement. At some point, say 2 weeks or a month he doesn't go because obviously, Holly was not found, so then why not get a SW to collect physical evidence at that time, especially knowing that when last seem Holly was bleeding??? I don't get why if he was being watched, this was not done? It doesn't make sense.

Yes, but after seeing some small-town cases on the ID channel in which a friend or family member offers an alibi to cover for a guilty person, that's was I thought was happening here...

ETA:
Just for who-ha's, was curious about when this thought about a bogus alibi.... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

Good point. I also am guilty of suspecting/speculating on family member involvement. I feel like the only good thing that can come out of this is a lesson to all always be vigilant when it comes to protecting our loved ones. I hope that doesn't get lost. Even if the guilty person/people are held accountable, nothing can undo, nothing can bring back at daughter and a sister. Horrible situation for the Bobo family.

Actually in cases like this where there has been an abduction of a grown child it rarely is done by a family member. Even when it comes to minor children who have been abducted and later on found murdered it is most likely to have been done by a stranger 44% of the time and 42% of the time it will be an acquaintance, neighbor,etc. Only 14% will a family member be involved when it comes to an abduction/kidnapping and murder and that is to minor children. It is even less when the victim is an adult child.

Most families who are really involved with murdering their child they most often call 911 and pretend that the minor child has met with an 'accident' or sudden 'illness' of some kind, and then when an autopsy is done it shows the real truth, and it was done by beatings/rapes/neglect and other abuse done by one of the parents or both or someone living in the household with the child.

So right off the bat none of the Bobo's met the profile of someone who would do something like this, but some police are just insistent, and aren't going to rule anyone in or out until an arrest and charges are made.

That is why I never immediately assume family members are involved or guilty when their child is abducted and missing because more often than not.....they aren't. Of course sometime they are but it is way in the minority percentage.

IMO

FYI - now that we have an arrest and indictment of the alleged perp in HB's abduction/murder. Thought it would be interesting to revisit the WOW Team investigation info revealed. Seems surreal reading the comments after recent events and knowing who the camo man actually was on that tragic day; 04/13/2011..

Bumping the TV 4 Special -04/29/2013 - Websleuths Thread - Holly Bobo Page #1

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207367&highlight=holly+bobo

I am trying to establish how much time and what periods of time during the time Holly was abducted and Feb. 28, 2014 Zach was in custody. The only thing I have found about that information is those "public records" are not accessible for non TN residents. I have found that according to tn.gov.foil he was released from state custody on 11-8-2013. But don't know when he went in. It has been rumored that he was in for 6mo. shortly after the abduction and 8 mo. another time. Which is like 14 mo. I cannot verify that because I am not a TN resident.

My point in this is if he was in custody even for unrelated charges I would think that LE could have searched during that time if he was in fact a suspect, and that they had these 27 volumes of information. Maybe I'm just crazy. But it seems to me the only time he was not being arrested for something he must have been in custody. Because frankly I don't think he could help himself. Also it seems that they could have gotten a DNA sample during any of that time, and fingerprints on file.

JMO's

Yes, but after seeing some small-town cases on the ID channel in which a friend or family member offers an alibi to cover for a guilty person, that's was I thought was happening here...

ETA:
Just for who-ha's, was curious about when this thought about a bogus alibi.... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

You know, you might have hit the nail on the head here.
That would definitely explain why it took so long for an arrest.

I also wanted to add how much I appreciate each and every WSer.
:grouphug:

I do not believe any family member was ever suspect in the POV of LE. I have never read a single statement or article which indicated LE thought anyone in the Bobo family was in any way suspect.

Clint Bobo however was suspect in the court of public opinion and a lot of allegations were thrown around by the general public (not here, here we follow the victim friendly TOS which direct us to follow LEs lead on who is to be discussed as a possible suspect).

Lots of ugly things were insinuated over the years about this young man without a single shred of evidence or word from LE to get them there.

:cow:

still feel terribly for him on that account.

WOW!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201334888678299

______

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22148708/map-finds-new-evidence-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

Karen Bobo and her team have put a map together based on hits from Holly's phone. It shows a several mile radius around the Bobo home.
A route that went down a road and a turn to where a bridge was out. They drove in circles and stopped for about five minutes, then drove near Interstate 40.

Holly's receipt, lunch bag, and phone were discovered with the help of that map.

I do not believe any family member was ever suspect in the POV of LE. I have never read a single statement or article which indicated LE thought anyone in the Bobo family was in any way suspect.

Clint Bobo however was suspect in the court of public opinion and a lot of allegations were thrown around by the general public (not here, here we follow the victim friendly TOS which direct us to follow LEs lead on who is to be discussed as a possible suspect).

Lots of ugly things were insinuated over the years about this young man without a single shred of evidence or word from LE to get them there.

I don't believe a family member was ever suspected by LE, either. But not all here share that pov.

At the end of the day, I am ecstatic that ZA has been charged. And I am confident that LE has more than enough evidence to make the charges stick. MOO, as usual.

Yes, its been heartbreaking to read 'elsewhere.' I makes me so thankful that WS has the rules in place that it does, and protects family members from being falsely accused.

Btw, have you read 'over there' lately? There is a local I haven't seen before that has said some very interesting things.

IMO

Wow is right, Foxfire.

It sure looks very interesting. We have company coming tonight so I hope I will get to watch it. I guess it will be aired on line right?

I have a feeling the local LE and the TBI are going to look pretty bad by the time this show is over.

Adams seemed to be right up under their nose all the time yet it took three years to arrest him.:(

Wow is right, Foxfire.

It sure looks very interesting. We have company coming tonight so I hope I will get to watch it. I guess it will be aired on line right?

I have a feeling the local LE and the TBI are going to look pretty bad by the time this show is over.

Adams seemed to be right up under their nose all the time yet it took three years to arrest him.:(

This was from May 2013

It would be interesting to see their "revelations" nearly a year ago to how current events have lined up in reality though. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam