Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #3 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO no body includes remains. If they would have found her remains, they would have said so and would not have to go with Austin's immunity deal.

Sadly, they don't have her. No body, no body parts, nothing, IMO.

We don't know what they do have that convinced the Bobos Holly is deceased. They apparently have enough to charge 2 of the three with her murder.

Blood? Would that be enough? IDK

N/T, I disagree that no body includes no remains. The question by the reporter was; 'Was HB's body found'? Obviously something was located during the Feb 28/2014 ZA property search that convinced the Bobo family that HB was deceased, imo..

The delayed response By General McAddams and TBI Director Mark Gwyn, when asked if HB's body was found, at the last press conference is why I feel this way..

N/T, I disagree that no body includes no remains. The question by the reporter was; 'Was HB's body found'? Obviously something was located during the Feb 28/2014 ZA property search that convinced the Bobo family that HB was deceased, imo..

The delayed response By General McAddams and TBI Director Mark Gwyn, when asked if HB's body was found, at the last press conference is why I feel this way..

I think we can deduce that after 3 years, there will be no body but only remains. IMO the reporter was being respectful. Using the term remains sounds ominous.

Yes something was found as I stated in my post but I don't believe it was skeletal remains.

I'm no forensic expert by any means, so if someone can convince me that an intact body will be found after 3 years , I'd be interested

I think we can deduce that after 3 years, there will be no body but only remains. IMO the reporter was being respectful. Using the term remains sounds ominous.

Yes something was found as I stated in my post but I don't believe it was skeletal remains.

I'm no forensic expert by any means, so if someone can convince me that an intact body will be found after 3 years , I'd be interested

<BBM for focus>

N/T, I think that your BBM statements above may be why General McAddams, could honestly answer No to the question by the reporter; 'Was HB's body located'?

After a brief pause, General McAddams replied, "No, let's just leave it at that"..

http://www.newschannel5.com/category/125220/video-landing-page?clipId=10110833&autostart=true

:seeya: Good Morning Y'all !

Putting in my :twocents: ... fwiw :

I think they have "something" as to forensic/DNA evidence, but I do not think they have a "body" ...

So IS this going to be enough for convictions, IF they do not have remains/body ?

I sure hope so !

:twocents:

[/B]
<BBM for focus>

N/T, I think that your BBM statements above may be why General McAddams, could honestly answer No to the question by the reporter; 'Was HB's body located'?

After a brief pause, General McAddams replied, "No, let's just leave it at that"..

BBM;

I believe that statement was in reference to the question of a "tape" of Holly being shot.

ETA http://www.wsmv.com/video?clipId=10105059&autostart=true @ 7:21 in the video

MOO

BBM;

I believe that statement was in reference to the question of a "tape" of Holly being shot.

ETA http://www.wsmv.com/video?clipId=10105059&autostart=true @ 7:21 in the video

MOO

Yes, Steleheart, I believe you are right. The question was concerning a video of the crime..
Ty for keeping me honest..

Although it has not been verified that it was HB's. I am curious to know what information was learned, if any, from the SIM card that was located during the Easter 2011 afternoon search. I have a neat story to share once I get permission from the searcher that located it.

:seeya: Good Morning Y'all !

Putting in my :twocents: ... fwiw :

I think they have "something" as to forensic/DNA evidence, but I do not think they have a "body" ...

So IS this going to be enough for convictions, IF they do not have remains/body ?

I sure hope so !

I love this site. :)

http://www.nobodycases.com/

Yes, Steleheart, I believe you are right. The question was concerning a video of the crime..
Ty for keeping me honest..

Although it has not been verified that it was HB's. I am curious to know what information was learned, if any, from the SIM card that was located during the Easter 2011 afternoon search. I have a neat story to share once I get permission from the searcher that located it.

LOL It's not about honesty.
However that statement is another example of possible semantics in answer to a question, ie; the question was about video 'tape'. No one uses 'tape' anymore. So a memory card, digital vid caps, a phone - these are not tapes IMO.

So a body Per se, maybe not.

In my honest opinion I ask myself what would convince me that my daughter is not coming home and for me the answer would be, at a minimum, a photo.

BBM;

MOO

:seeya:

BBM: Just jumping off your post here about this "tape" [which was brought up by a reporter at the last presser]:

IF they have a videotape, then WHY did it take 3 years ?

Yes, maybe they found this tape recently ...

JMO but this A bunch is not smart -- BUT are they that dumb that they would videotape the crime ?

JMO but nothing would surprise me ...

I hope this made sense ... just venting ...

This case is extremely FRUSTRATING :banghead:

The immunity deal was conditional on them finding her remains where he said they would find them, plus some other specifications relating to exactly when the remains got there.

Apparently LE didn't find anything there when they executed their warrants, so he was lying.

The problem for the prosecutor is that they were depending on his account of what happened to be accurate, and the remains would have served to corroborate that. But no remains meant that the deal he received for his other crimes could be viewed at trial as an incentive to lie about what happened to Holly. If his testimony is their primary evidence they will be stuck in a hard place since they have already filed homicide charges in the Bobo case. If they had to drop the charges because of this, double jeopardy would kick in, and they would not be able to recharge even if other evidence appear later.

To solve that problem, they have withdrawn immunity (as they are entitled to do as per the agreement). This left him with no protection on the unrelated charges. Also, since he had provided them with statements concerning what happened Holly, he would be implicated in that and can therefore be charged. They could use his statements against him in trial, which would no longer be compromised by the deal.

To get himself out of this mess and avoid homicide charges he would have to testify for the prosecution, but without the deal on his unrelated charges.

This of course raises an interesting question, if the primary evidence they have is the informers testimony, can they really be sure that he wasn't just telling them what they wanted to hear so he could get out of unrelated charges?

I suspect that they are desperately looking for some sort of solid corroboration in the mean time.

Thank you for your reply.

I do not think by any means that Austin is the only one that is talking. In fact the TBI Director said SEVERAL have come forward now saying they saw Holly alive in Adams' home after she was kidnapped. If others saw her in his home then there is a very good likelihood that others may know where her remains are or partial remains. Imo, I think her remains were moved around often to different places over the years.

I believe that Dylan Adams will be the key witness in this case.

From what I gather from the statements made by Austin's attorney I am not sure they were even at that juncture of him telling them where Holly's remains are. He said in his argument that Austin was still willing to live up to his part of the agreement as if it hasn't happened yet. (paraphrasing of course)

Well the TBI/FBI sure found something very significant in the three day searches at different locations. Shortly afterwards it led to the arrest and charges against Adams.

So I am not sure I agree that they are desperately looking for anything. All I know whatever was found was enough to convince the entire Bobo family that Holly is no longer alive and has been murdered. I do not believe the family would have taken just a he/said or she/said statements said by others to 100% convince them she is no longer living.

Imo, what happened when others began to tell LE what they knew it was then that the DA knew he had been lied to by Austin. This would be after the signing of the original immunity agreement.

I don't think they want or need Austin's help or testimony anymore. Imo, the evidence is leading them to believe he too is up to his eyeballs in these crimes himself and much more deeply involved that he probably tried to get them to believe.

IMO

:seeya: Thank You, Tulessa !

Now, jumping back to my previous post: although you do not need a body, JMO but it SEEMS that today's juries want that CSI effect ...

Again JMO, but judging from what I have read about this small town community, the judicial system, etc etc etc ... nothing would surprise me !

:moo::moo::moo:

Exactly, they could have found an insurmountable amount of Holly's blood where a pathologist would know that no human being could lose this much blood and live.

They could have found brain matter (and that is a part of Holly's remains sadly:() and they could have found massive amount of her hair with blood on them. They could have found teeth that may have been knocked out in the brutalization of Holly which may have fallen in the hole if they first placed her on Adams property.

Just because they didn't find an intact body of Holly never means they didn't find some remains belonging to Holly.

One thing is for sure. No longer are the Bobo family and friends doing searches to locate Holly alive or to search for her remains, and we haven't even heard of LE searching to find anything else other than what they found in the original searches of Adams home and property and Autry's home and property too, imo.

IMO

:seeya: Thank You, Tulessa !

Now, jumping back to my previous post: although you do not need a body, JMO but it SEEMS that today's juries want that CSI effect ...

Again JMO, but judging from what I have read about this small town community, the judicial system, etc etc etc ... nothing would surprise me !

:moo::moo::moo:

Morning DGC!:seeya:

If these cases turnout to be death penalty cases it may make history. I cant remember another case where the DA is considering the death penalty when the body has not been located.

All of the cases that I can remember the DA asked for LWOP and I cant remember one that ended in NG because the body wasn't located.

This convinces me beyond all doubt that this DA does have concrete forensic evidence proof that Holly is a victim of homicide.

IMO

If the victim was buried shortly after being murdered the three year old skeletal remains would still be intact as long as they were buried deep enough where animals didn't dig up the remains and scatter them.

After that long due to being in the environment all tissue, muscles, skin, and organs would have long degraded. That decomposition process is done in phases. That is why we often see LE taking soil samples in to be tested under where remains have been found. They can determine many things by what has seeped into the soil over the years.

Bodies which were buried centuries ago have been found intact. Some even had mummified skin left on the skeletons. With some even the scientist were able to determine what kind of food they had eaten during their lives.

So while her skeleton would still be intact the rest of her wouldn't be. I think she was in pieces and possibly those partial remains were scattered around in different areas.........maybe some at Adams place and some on Autry's property.

I have often wondered too if they may have burned her up in a burn pile and may have been pretending to be burning a large brush pile which is commonly seen on farms. It still wouldn't burn up everything as bones are very hard to burn.

JMO

If these cases turnout to be death penalty cases it may make history. I cant remember another case where the DA is considering the death penalty when the body has not been located.

All of the cases that I can remember the DA asked for LWOP and I cant remember one that ended in NG because the body wasn't located.

This convinces me beyond all doubt that this DA does have concrete forensic evidence proof that Holly is a victim of homicide.

IMO

Oceanblueeyes, the only case that I can think of where only partial remains were located was the Cheryl Hodges Dunlap kidnapping/murder -FL -12/2007. A partial torso was located in one location and other parts; teeth & skull fragments found in GMH's campfire pit. GMH received the death penalty for CHD's murder.

Note the hansel & gretel trail left by Cheryl Dunlap; beads from a bracelet, given to her as a gift by the children of her sunday school class;
http://www.wctv.tv/news/floridanews...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

BBM: Just jumping off your post here about this "tape" [which was brought up by a reporter at the last presser]:

IF they have a videotape, then WHY did it take 3 years ?

Yes, maybe they found this tape recently ...

JMO but this A bunch is not smart -- BUT are they that dumb that they would videotape the crime ?

JMO but nothing would surprise me ...

I hope this made sense ... just venting ...

This case is extremely FRUSTRATING :banghead:

Maybe no video, but it is not unusual for 'hunters' to have a photograph of themselves proudly looming over their 'kill'.

Oceanblueeyes, the only case that I can think of where only partial remains were located was the Cheryl Hodges Dunlap kidnapping/murder -FL -12/2007. A partial torso was located in one location and other parts; teeth & skull fragments found in GMH's camfire pit. GMH received the death penalty for CHD's murder.

Note the hansel & gretel trail left by Cheryl Dunlap; beads from a bracelet, given to her as a gift by the children of her sunday school class;
http://www.wctv.tv/news/floridanews...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

Thank you. I will have to read about this case when I have time. The name of the victim is awfully familiar though. I know they only found partial remains of Laci Peterson too. As long as some part of the victim is found that puts the DA in much better shape to ask for the death penalty.

I think the DA will ask for the death penalty if they have even partial remains of the victim even if happens to be bone, teeth, brain matter etc. Something proving death.

Those who don't go for the death penalty are usually cases where the body has not been located...not even partial remains and they have no forensic evidence to prove death but do have strong CE that the victim is dead and has been murdered. I guess the Prosecutors think it is too much to ask of jurors to give someone death when no part of the body has been found.

IMO

I just checked the local news outlets to see IF there is any news, but nothing new on Holly's case ...

However, I did see the following headline which is slightly off topic, but imo appropriate:

TBI Report Shows Decline In Tennessee Murders

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A recent study by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation shows the number of murders reported in Tennessee in 2013 decreased nearly 20 percent from the previous year.

However, weapon law violations increased by nearly 30 percent, and reported methamphetamine clandestine labs rose by 11.6 percent.

link: http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25451645/tbi-report-shows-decline-in-tennessee-murders

IMO

:seeya: Morning OBE !

I agree that the DA has evidence ... and I cannot wait to see what that evidence IS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members