Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

Discussion in 'Holly Bobo' started by Worry Wart, Sep 7, 2014.

1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

:wagon: aboard AmyKate, good first post. Glad you came out of lurkdom to share your thoughts.

2. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

<BBM for Focus>

Excellent post, Steleheart. I followed the Jessica Ridgeway case too.. I have too respectfully disagree with your last comment that there were not any details that the public could have helped with in Holly Bobo's case. We simply don't know that due to the silence and antiquated media management strategy of the TBI. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander..

3. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

4. Carla Lashelle

Carla Lashelle New Member

In general when killers bury bodies they do not do a very good job. Its hard to dig a 6-10 foot deep hole yourself with a shovel (since a back hoe would be noisy and attract suspicion). How many times do you read "... body found in a shallow grave" in murder investigations? After three years of weather, bones would come to the surface. Plus scavenger animals can drag them around. If the ground is sloped they can slide downhill some distance. There are also instances of bodies being dismembered and the parts scattered around here and there. Sometimes also a body will be buried by a killer, then exhumed and scattered around if he feels law enforcement is on to him.

5. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Doing good Peli and hope you are too!

Also on that "back route" from Adams Lane & the tower, there's a listing for quite a few A's on Pugh Road too.

6. Steleheart

Steleheart WS Liaison Staff Member WS Liason

Thank you Foxfire and because we don't know due to their silence, it is a matter of opinion whether the public could or could not help given an unknown.
    But I would stress that the Bobos were apparently privy to something that convinced them re; evidence during the search of the Adams property. So given that they had then resigned themselves to Holly's death, I would be hard pressed to imagine what would be gained by my specific awareness of what that evidence was. How could MY knowing what they know help the Bobo family?

In the early days of the Abby Hernandez searches we wanted more information then too. I still have an opinion regarding whether or not LE had found her shoulder bag - they asked the public to look for her purse, her phone and her necklace but never even so much as described the shoulder bag even though the only video still they published clearly showed her carrying a shoulder bag.

Looking back with 20/20, my personally knowing if they had it or not would not have brought Abby home.

My personal opinion is that keeping certain details tucked into a sleeve versus dropping certain cards is based (usually) on well researched law enforcement strategies, profiling and experience, not antiquated at all, but on rather quite advanced investigative techniques.

Foxfire, I was not a boots-on-the-ground searcher in that case and I understand your intimate knowledge and experience here, so our perspectives will differ , but LE has a larger obligation even though dedicated souls get out in the woods and swamps to search.

IMO Foxfire, we have, largely, the world's best investigative resources here. Maybe not specifically TBI but collectively we are pretty good.

By sheer luck we have found a needle in all those haystacks that is Decatur County. Did those "Sang Hunters" find Holly because LE said look for bleached bone partially buried under leaves? No. They were looking for a low growing plant with bright red berries. Nothing whatsoever to do with Law Enforcement at all.

Foxfire, thank you for all that you do and for all your valuable insights - I really helps me follow things.

:cow:

7. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Yes, I did think of her case but to me why they came out with the photo of the wooden cross was because this was a very different kind of abduction and murder. Even the scum buckets who does kidnap, rape, and murder a sweet defenseless child doesn't usually dismember their bodies. Imo, the police knew they were dealing with a much different kind of child murderer/predator and they knew they had to get him off the streets quickly.

I think that is why the law enforcement acted differently in that case. It was because the dismemberment of a little child is way out of the norm even for child predators so it let them know immediately this was a very sick dangerous predator that was at large.

But we have seen in other child abduction cases LE doesn't usually do that.

In most cases the police doesn't give out that kind of information and would keep it a secret.

8. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

I hate when murderers use places like this to carry out or cover up their awful crimes. I just feel like on top of stealing another person's life, you're also disrespecting or defiling the earth/mother nature.

Oh...that sounds goofy now that I'm typing it out. I guess I just grew up experiencing the woods as a place of peace and comfort...so I don't like when people bring violence to it.

9. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

Not Goofy at all PlainJaneDoe... Reminds me of a Roger L Depue quote;
    "I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life&#8217;s universal equation".

10. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO MOO AFAIK etc

I think they are confused. He was indicted 5-6 months ago. There's been no court proceeding recently.

11. SteveS

I bet you're right.

The ONLY towers in that area were the ones that ran along I-40. Otherwise, you had to go all the way to Parsons (about 15 miles south) for other towers. There are none in-between Parsons and I-40, none along 69, none along Bible Hill Rd.

12. SteveS

"Near" is a very subjective term. The remains found were MILES away from where SA or ZA lived, but it makes a better attention-catching story to round it off to "near."

13. tarjessi

tarjessi Former Member

Thank you for the map Dr Know? that was interesting indeed. Slightly off topic but in between Holladay and Jeanette Hollday Rd there is a field that looks like it is a snake or something? See how there is a long thin bit of cleared land and they are creating dams - 2 going one way and then 2 the next, etc.

14. Dogface

Dogface Well-Known Member

15. SteveS

Unfortunately it's an article only accessible to subscribers to that newspaper, but thanks for the info. Anything else worth sharing from the article would certainly be appreciated.

16. Dogface

Dogface Well-Known Member

Oh I was able to read it, I just googled Camden chronicle ginseng hunters and went to the magic valley publishing link and clicked Camden chronicle!

17. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:seeya: Thanks DF, for this news !

Interesting that it was "upside down" ... :waitasec: Did someone need to sit down ?

Any other thoughts ?

18. snowblossom2

snowblossom2 New Member

We don't know how long Hollys been dead, right? Theoretically she might still have been alive when the searchers searched that area, though I very much believe that bodies are difficult to find

19. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ma...here-Holly-Bobos-remains-found-274687741.html

Man says he saw Adams, Autry in area where Holly Bobo's remains found
    By Brittany Nicholson
    By bnicholson@wbbjtv.com
    Story Created: Sep 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Sep 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM CDT
    DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. -- A man said he saw both Zach Adams and Jason Autry in the area where Holly Bobo's remains were found on a regular basis.

Adams and Autry have both been indicted for Bobo's kidnapping and murder.

John Tubbs said he has known both men most of his life. He said they were often in the area.

"Him and Jason both. Jason rode a dirt bike through there quite a bit," Tubbs said.
    <sniped - read more>

20. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:seeya: Thank You, Foxfire !

Wow . . . Interesting !

JMO and :moo: