Horrifying Traffic Accident on the NYS Thruway. :Warning: Disturbing:

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Steely Dan, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...0/2-confirmed-dead-in-thruway-crash/11802905/

New York State Police have confirmed that two people are dead after a serious crash on the New York State Thruway.

According to Sgt. Steven F. Casabella, an eastbound passenger vehicle apparently crossed into westbound lanes striking a semi-tractor trailer and other vehicles. The tractor-trailer became fully engulfed in flames upon impact....

Here's a photo of the trailer. I'm assuming they removed what's left of the tractor already. It must have been a horrifying death for the tractor driver.

[​IMG]

I wonder how fast the car that crossed lanes was going? Also, how big was it?

2. Loading...

3. Yoda

Yoda Master

I think that is what is left of the cab. Photos on twitter show it on fire :( jmo

4. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

That thought crossed my mind, but if it is it disintegrated.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

there's more photos at the link in the first post

article says 5 vehicles were involved in the crash & you can see some of them in the photos )-;

6. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Member

Yeah, it seems that is what's left of the cab, in another picture you can see 2 seat frames. So sad.

7. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ael-pehrson-christopher-rheinheimer/11908575/

...Moments after the crash, a second westbound tractor-trailer hauling produce struck a guide rail that had been damaged in the first crash. The railing punctured the rig's fuel tank, causing it to become fully engulfed in flames, Jones said. The driver, a 49-year-old man from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, jumped out of the rig. He was not injured....