Housework can pose a health hazard

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Autumn2004, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. Autumn2004

    Autumn2004 Inactive

    Messages:
    2,440
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Housework might be bad for your health, according to a study suggesting that tidying up as little as once a week with common cleaning sprays and air fresheners could raise the risk of asthma in adults.

    Exposure to such cleaning materials even just once a week could account for as many as one in seven adult asthma cases, the researchers wrote in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071012/hl_nm/housework_hazards_dc

    Yikes Im a clean freak :eek:! Yeah I do have asthma and use an inhaler daily.
     
  2. Loading...


  3. dingo

    dingo Former Member

    Messages:
    13,720
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Theres the excuse Ive been looking for.....thanks Autumn:blowkiss:
     
  4. deanws

    deanws Former Member

    Messages:
    11,210
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    That's all I need to know. I am officially going on strike! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: J/K!
     
  5. Marthatex

    Marthatex New Member

    Messages:
    17,715
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    That's why I've always stayed as far away from housework as possible.
     
  6. philamena

    philamena Former Member

    Messages:
    7,766
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    :p :D
     
  7. Shazza

    Shazza Former Member

    Messages:
    12,413
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Then I should be dead, Im a clean freak, cant help myself.
     
  8. Pocono Sleuther

    Pocono Sleuther Active Member

    Messages:
    1,511
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Geez me too. I'm serioiusly OCD about cleaning. I shoulda been dead awhile ago.
     
  9. angelmom

    angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

    Messages:
    7,376
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    I already knew this.

    I have a good friend who burned her hand on the oven and ended up in the hospital with a staph infection.

    My MIL burned her hand ironing.

    Another friend got a chemical burn from her bathroom cleanser.

    I'll tell you, cleaning is just too dangerous these days and I'm NOT going to do it!!! :snooty:
     
  10. dkitty

    dkitty New Member

    Messages:
    236
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Me too...:eek:
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice