Houston family confirmed dead in airplane crash

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by englishleigh, Aug 17, 2008.

1. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

The wreckage of a missing private plane carrying a Houston family home from a vacation trip in Colorado was found on Sunday, officials said.
    "We just got there a few minutes ago. All four are deceased," said Major Mark Young, of the Civil Air Patrol.
    A hiker reported spotting the wreckage about 1:15 p.m. CDT in a rugged area about 125 miles southeast of Steamboat Springs — where Tommy Jacomini, 45, and his family had been staying.
    After sending helicopters and ground teams to the area, officials later Sunday confirmed the wreckage was the four-seater Cessna carrying Jacomini; his wife, Susana, 38, and their two children, Thomas, 8, and Vivi, 5.
    "At this point, the search is over," Young said.
    Officials will now begin the difficult task of removing their bodies from the wreckage and beginning the investigation into what led to the fatal crash.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5948166.html

2. Loading...

3. angela

angela New Member

Oh no. I hate to hear this. I was hoping...maybe... they would be found alive. So sad.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

:( Thank you for the update... peace be with their family.

5. sandraladeda

sandraladeda Inactive

I really do not like these small planes. They seem to crash with greater frequency than good old fashioned airliners.

We lost a family friend to a plane crash. It was horrific.

I don't think I would ever get on one.

imo

6. sandraladeda

sandraladeda Inactive

Oh, phew, for a sec there I thought you were going to whack me up the side of the head for suggesting it is less safe....

I am glad you go the safer means of travel for long distances.

7. Thinaire

Thinaire New Member

My sister-in-laws boyfriend, Rick is a pilot and a member of Civil Air Patrol...he was one of the many pilots involved in the search.

Rick told my husband today that he would never consider taking off in the weather conditions that were present that day. So sad...

There was rain, heavy cloud cover and even snow up above 9,000 feet. That would mean instrument flying over the Rockies which are a challenge in this area under the best of conditions.

8. sissy's mom

sissy's mom and pooter's mom too

I am so sorry for the family!!!!!!!
    sending prayers!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kiki

Kiki New Member

This is such a tragedy. What a beautiful family. I hope they died instantly and didn't suffer.

10. Marthatex

Marthatex New Member

Such a lovely family; such a too-often heard and tragic story. Suffer the little children....

11. Txmom

Txmom New Member

My father was a commerical airline pilot for over 30 years. We owned several small planes, I was nervous about flying in them, but he kept assuring me that its the pilot, not the plane. He claimed that too many want-a-be pilots were able to get their license with a minimum of training and flying time, and thats where the danger was. Not the pilot who had been flying for 50 years-- but the newbies.

12. PrayersForMaura

PrayersForMaura Help Find Maura Murray

Yeah, reminds me of JFK Jr.