Houston News Anchor Ron Stone Dead At 72

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For those Houstonians, Texans and formers or even folks who may have heard of him outside of TX.

Ron Stone, a fixture on the Houston news circuit for over 4 decades has died of cancer. He worked for KHOU (CH 11) and KPRC (CH 2).

He also was in various commercials. One of the more recognizable faces of Houston news he will be sorely missed.

[SIZE=-1]after a long battle with cancer. ...

[/SIZE]Ron Stone (1936-2008)
[SIZE=-1]Houstonist, USA - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Ron Franklin, an ex-KPRC sports director, remembered Stone's way with words: "When it came to writing, there was nobody better. ...[/SIZE]

:( He will be missed! Bless his family. He was a very nice Christian man. He is rejoicing with the angels now.

He was legendary. I felt like I knew him as well as I did my own father, and he's only two years older than my dad, so maybe that's why!

My husband and I both sat on the couch and just watched in sadness the Channel 2 tributes tonight.

I hate to say it, but there's no comparison with the newscasters today and their glib, sarcastic, cool ways, and Ron Stone. He was the real thing.

He was legendary. I felt like I knew him as well as I did my own father, and he's only two years older than my dad, so maybe that's why!

My husband and I both sat on the couch and just watched in sadness the Channel 2 tributes tonight.

I hate to say it, but there's no comparison with the newscasters today and their glib, sarcastic, cool ways, and Ron Stone. He was the real thing.

Yep, he and Dave Ward from Channel 13.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back